SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Underrated P07/09 gets a refresh
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Underrated P07/09 gets a refresh Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
I spoke with CZ a last week, and they were aware of the "typo" on their website stating that it accepts the Delta Point Pro. The person whom I spoke with was emphatic that both the P-09C or P-09F models do NOT accept the DPP. It is strictly the micro optics.

I've stated that the P-07 and P-09 are my favorite guns in the CZ line, but the updated P-09C and P-09F are going to be a pass. My opinion is that duty sized guns should be able to mount duty sized optics. I think they could have done this with a thinner blacked out rear sight, mounted slightly further to the back. I'm no engineer and I'm going by my experience working with guys that made optic cuts on P-07's and P-09's.

I have to be honest, this feels like a bit of a swing and a miss for CZ. I think back to when the P10C came out in early 2017, and the ambi magazine release was BRUTAL. I owned two of them like this, and handled a dozen more the same way. It was a strong criticism of a gun with a really good price, great ergos, and a better than average trigger for a striker fired handgun. And yes CZ corrected it two years later with a reversible mag release that worked normally. I'm also reminded of the new Shadow Two compact. A lot of the reviews seem to ask what is it doing better than the P-01, other than being a smaller version of the full size Shadow. And now this with the updated P-09's.

I get from speaking with some of their reps, that the P10C is sort of their unofficial "flagship" gun. But I thought a DA/SA polymer gun offered something for those wanting the "safety" of a DA/SA feature, particularly some LE, and those that prefer to AIWB. For the latter micro red dots might not be a big deal, but anyone in the LE market, (and I'm sure the polymer DA/SA gun is somewhat niche), are going to want a full size optic. I think it's a missed opportunity by CZ. I hope they consider correcting it and updating the optic cut in the same way they updated the mag release on the P10C.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Sig Sauer: For Hire,

"Kachi wa saya no naka ni ari" ("Victory comes while the sword is still in the scabbard")

Posts: 1045 | Location: North Texas | Registered: November 14, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sig Sauer: For Hire:
My opinion is that duty sized guns should be able to mount duty sized optics.

I completely agree with you here. A big miss for this new release. I loved the accuracy, size, capacity, just about everything with the old P07 I used to own, except the trigger in that one was just mush. I was going to pickup the new P09 Compact once I heard about it but the optic footprint size has put that on hold.

Posts: 393 | Location: Michigan | Registered: November 30, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of iron chef
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ah3:
quote:
Originally posted by Sig Sauer: For Hire:
My opinion is that duty sized guns should be able to mount duty sized optics.
I completely agree with you here. A big miss for this new release.
As explained in posts on pg 1, that would require a plate system, a full size RDS is wider than the slide, and there are milling complications around the rear site (possibly removing the dovetail) and extractor. You might as well buy a dovetail RDS mount.

Posts: 3272 | Location: Texas | Registered: June 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by iron chef:
As explained in posts on pg 1, that would require a plate system, a full size RDS is wider than the slide, and there are milling complications around the rear site (possibly removing the dovetail) and extractor. You might as well buy a dovetail RDS mount.

Their explanation doesn't fit with multiple companies out there doing direct milling on P07's and P09's, without using a plate, and keeping a dovetail, for standard pistol size optics.

Posts: 393 | Location: Michigan | Registered: November 30, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ah3:
quote:
Originally posted by iron chef:

Their explanation doesn't fit with multiple companies out there doing direct milling on P07's and P09's, without using a plate, and keeping a dovetail, for standard pistol size optics.

I mentioned earlier that I worked for a company that did optic cuts. We did more than a few direct mounts onto P-07's and P-09's. Yes because of the rear sight on those guns it required us to do a deletion, and recut a dovetail forward of the optic for usually a blacked out Trijicon sight. It looks like DPC customs solved this problem in a way we didn't.

I like the update, but unless CZ addresses this in a future version that accepts duty size optics, then its a pass for me, which for me is disappointing.

"Kachi wa saya no naka ni ari" ("Victory comes while the sword is still in the scabbard")

Posts: 1045 | Location: North Texas | Registered: November 14, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Chowser:
Thanks for the tip on DPCustoms. I bought a P09 last year when they were closing them out for $300. I sent it to czcustomshop for some trigger work. It's my smoothest shooting da/sa gun.

That's an absolute steal. If I stumbled upon either model at that price I'd snatch it up in a heartbeat.

My son is already drooling over the idea of an optics-ready P07. I imagine we'll have one at some point...either the new "Nocture" version, or if we can find a deal like yours, one of the older ones and send it out to DPCustoms for an optics cut.

I figure I'll try his before I make any decisions for myself. My younger brother has the original P07 Duty, which I've shot and I'll be honest didn't really impress me much. The P09, especially now that it's been worked over, is a completely different experience. I'm not sure if my dislike for the P07 was more due to the shortcomings of the original "Duty" version, or if the full-length recoil system of the P09 makes that much difference. I imagine it's some of both...in the Forgotten Weapons video, Ian indicated that the compact version was a little "kicky". I figure the only way to know for sure is to try it for myself.

Posts: 9249 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have both a 07 and 09, jazzed up by Cajun Gunworks.

I did handle the 09/07 size at the shop this morning. Felt great.

Posts: 1692 | Location: SC | Registered: December 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It looks like there are some teething issues with the new P09c. I would probably hold off on buying them until they've had a chance to work out the bugs. Honest Outlaw is about the biggest P07 fanboy out there and it looks like they had a frustrating range day.

Posts: 781 | Location: FL | Registered: July 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
I wonder if the issues folks are having, it’s not just Honest Outlaw, have anything to do with Colt getting involved with the company and day to day operations/cost cutting etc. This was something that worried me when they merged.

I mean how do you screw up a couple guns that have been reliable for years by doing an optics cut and changing the sights? The P09c is just a P07 with some minor tweaks.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7889 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cslinger:

I mean how do you screw up a couple guns that have been reliable for years by doing an optics cut and changing the sights? The P09c is just a P07 with some minor tweaks.
One of the odd things Honest Outlaw noted was that P09/P10f mags would not correctly feed or function in the p09c. I had a P07 in the past and it was boringly reliable, even with longer magazines from the p09.

I am hoping CZ gets this sorted out pretty soon.

Posts: 781 | Location: FL | Registered: July 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I swear I had
something for this
posted Hide Post
I noticed one of the idiots in his comment section blamed him for that issue because he "used incompatible magazines" while being completely ignorant that the P07/09/10 use the exact same mags with the DWX Full Size.

Posts: 4448 | Location: Kansas City, MO | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blackwater
posted Hide Post
I’ve had a couple of P07. The large take down lever killed it for me. I couldn’t get through 100 rounds without slicing my weak hand thumb.

If I was to do a DA/SA gun, it would likely be a HK P30v3, Canik Tp9DA/Walther P99, Beretta PX4 or Sig SP2022.

Joe
Back in Tx.

Posts: 2547 | Location: Texas | Registered: October 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of iron chef
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DanH:
...the P07/09/10 use the exact same mags with the DWX Full Size.
I thought the DWX uses CZ 75 mags. Confused

Posts: 3272 | Location: Texas | Registered: June 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
The DWX Compact uses CZ75 Compact mags with a different baseplate. Almost complete compatibility.

I bought a bunch of CZ75 Compact MecGar mags and baseplates from Henning to use with my DWX-C

Not minority enough!

Posts: 8173 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post