posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JBP55:
quote:
Originally posted by whisky22:
quote:
Originally posted by Hatchee:
Mr Strader

I hope that you will directly answer one simple question?

Has Sig taken steps (re: design modification, higher QC, etc) to completely eliminate the striker drag on the P365? Yes or No

If yes, please detail those steps.

Thank You

an interesting video on youtube shows the Glock 43, M&P shield and Sig P365 ALL have this drag.

To Hatchee...please contact Glock and S&W to inquire about their "problem" as well.

Thanks Mr Strader for the update.

I have put more than 100,000 rounds downrange with Glocks and have not seen any of the Sig 365 Primer Drag occurring.

My P229 leaves primer drags, and it's not even striker fired.

Posts: 8272 | Location: Illinois, Occupied America | Registered: February 23, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Who really cares about primer drags? It's irrelevant unless it's causing failures.

There have been reports of failed strikers, but do we know it's the result of "primer drag?"

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I trust that striker drag is not anything to be concerned about. I shot the maiden voyage yesterday and never looked.

Posts: 1931 | Location: S.E. Michigan/Macomb County | Registered: October 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JAFO
posted Hide Post
Is there a projected timeline for the Foxtrot light module?

<><><><><><><><><><><><><>
"I drank what?" - Socrates

Posts: 5181 | Location: S.A., TX | Registered: July 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Phil, thanks for the info. Always good to hear from you. Still trying to get a 365 to call my own.

Posts: 449 | Registered: October 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BB61:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by JBP55:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by whisky22:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Hatchee:
Mr Strader

I have put more than 100,000 rounds downrange with Glocks and have not seen any of the Sig 365 Primer Drag occurring.

Wow.

I'm nowhere near that, including a few missions with a Hughes gun pod strapped on the centerline of an F4B.

I swear some of you folks must live on the range. FWIW I finally got the 365 to the range this week. A whole 250 rounds down range, no malfunctions, no scratches on mags, and yes - primer drag on all I checked. I'm satisfied.

jpfive
Sig P365
Sig P220R-4-DSE 45ACP
Springfield 1911 Custom 45ACP
Beretta PX-4 9mm
Browning Buckmark 22 LR
Ruger Six 22WMR/LR
S&W 686+ 6"
S&W Airweight Snubby

Posts: 14 | Location: Pensacola, FL | Registered: June 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
PS. Build date 5/16.

jpfive
Sig P365
Sig P220R-4-DSE 45ACP
Springfield 1911 Custom 45ACP
Beretta PX-4 9mm
Browning Buckmark 22 LR
Ruger Six 22WMR/LR
S&W 686+ 6"
S&W Airweight Snubby

Posts: 14 | Location: Pensacola, FL | Registered: June 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Bob RI
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jpfive:
quote:
Originally posted by BB61:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by JBP55:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by whisky22:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Hatchee:
Mr Strader

Wow.

I'm nowhere near that, including a few missions with a Hughes gun pod strapped on the centerline of an F4B.

I swear some of you folks must live on the range. FWIW I finally got the 365 to the range this week. A whole 250 rounds down range, no malfunctions, no scratches on mags, and yes - primer drag on all I checked. I'm satisfied.

Same experience here 3/31 date. I’m at roughly 700 rounds now. Although I did not buy for shooting groups, it groups really well for such a small gun.

Posts: 4518 | Registered: January 22, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JGIORD
posted Hide Post
My PM9 shows slight primer drag as does my G43 (but to a lesser extent).

The primer drag on the P365 is definitely clearer, deeper and longer than the others.

However, 1150 trouble free rounds with it to date so I'm not worried.

Posts: 461 | Location: AZ | Registered: February 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fnforme
posted Hide Post
The question is whether the design is inherently flawed. Not how many people have shipped their guns back to Sig.

How many P365s have been purchased by owners that actually shoot their guns? Of those, how many actually have a considerable round count through them to where they are at risk of parts breakage? Of those, how many owners have actually undergone steps to return their pistols?

No one knows, but I'd venture that the answer is a pretty small number of people.

Phil, you mentioned that a small number of people have returned their pistols with broken trigger return springs but it hasn't been directly addressed whether there is an acknowledgment that there is a problem with either the design or manufacture? If so, is there a proposed solution in the works?

Posts: 3419 | Location: Miami, FL | Registered: April 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mcltc
posted Hide Post
Regarding primer drag: unble to post the photo, but pulled two round out of each of the first 12 mags through my new P365 (born on 8 May). Primer drag clearly evident on first 3 mags (124 gr Federal Premium Hydro Shock, 124 gr Sig Crown V, 115 gr UMC), but you can clearly see the primer drag diminish, almost completely resolve by 12th mag. Has anyone else noticed this? Should this reassure me that striker failure is less likely?

"Nothing ruins a good war story like a good eyewitness" - Annonymous

Posts: 56 | Registered: November 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JGIORD:
My PM9 shows slight primer drag as does my G43 (but to a lesser extent).

The primer drag on the P365 is definitely clearer, deeper and longer than the others.

However, 1150 trouble free rounds with it to date so I'm not worried.

My 365 has a born on date of May 12. My round count is merely 160. I randomly grabbed a case I fired and did the same with a shot from my gen 1 Shield. The primer drag is identical and, in my opinion, moderate. I have seen video of it happening on Glock 19s. I'm not concerned as firing pins are many, many times harder than primers....assuming your pin is in spec. I will carry after another flawless 160 and an additional 100 HST 124 gr. I will have a PICO as BUG and keep shooting my 365 as I carry it daily.

Posts: 1931 | Location: S.E. Michigan/Macomb County | Registered: October 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post