SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Walter Creed?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Walter Creed? Login/Join 
posted
I've got a Hungarian Mosin M44 carbine listed on my local Armslist and a guy is offering to trade me a Walther Creed for it. I did some research and they get pretty decent reviews, but a new one is only $250 shipped from CDNN. The rifle is probably worth a few bucks more than that, so I might ask for a few bucks on top to close the deal. Anybody have experience with the Creed? I've got enough 9mms already but it's always tempting to have another truck gun.

Posts: 2491 | Location: WI | Registered: December 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Great gun!! Hard to beat for the value and always a good investment. It shares mags and some other parts with the PPX. The trigger is very good including pull and reset. PPX night sights fit the gun also.

I would not hesitate to use mine as a solid pd/nightstand gun.

The Mosins in my area are going for anywhere between 275 and 400 asking prices. I only paid about 80 dollars each for my four Mosins but I'm keeping them and they will be the last guns I pass on to the family.

Posts: 1063 | Location: hampton roads, va. | Registered: October 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
They are inelegant pistols and offend some Walther fans as being unworthy of the Walther banner, but they do seem to work just fine and accuracy is excellent.

If a PPQ and a Yeet Cannon had a love child...

Posts: 107746 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SevenPlusOne
posted Hide Post
I got one for someone, a first gun. Complete novice was making good hits, fist size groups at 7ish yards, after minimal instruction. Excellent trigger, but big and clunky feeling.

It's certainly not a P-5 compact, but you can get like 10 of them for the price of a P5c.

"Ninja kick the damn rabbit"

Posts: 4622 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: October 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm making the trade tomorrow. The Creed plus $25 for the Mosin. I paid $125 for it a few months ago and was asking $325, so can't lose too bad on it. If I hate it I can always flip it.

Posts: 2491 | Location: WI | Registered: December 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I just have to ask who is Walter?

Posts: 385 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 24, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
Apollo's gooby nephew from the country. That's why he's cheap, he's accurate, and he's got a long DAO trigger.

Posts: 27293 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have it home now. As a bonus it came with 200 rounds of ammo, so a pretty decent deal in my favor. I think I will call him Walter the Yeet Cannon. Big Grin

Picture of SevenPlusOne
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Il Cattivo:
Apollo's gooby nephew from the country. That's why he's cheap, he's accurate, and he's got a long DAO trigger.

It's not a long DAO on the Creed, it more like a HK LEM.

"Ninja kick the damn rabbit"

Posts: 4622 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: October 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
How would I know? I live in the suburbs.

Posts: 27293 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post