Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Oracle Arms Login/Join 
posted
Oracle Arms, apparently a new startup company, is showing the 2311, another double stack with 1911 lockwork, this one using Sig P320 magazines.

https://soldiersystems.net/202...23/oracle-arms-2311/

Posts: 3278 | Location: Florence, Alabama, USA | Registered: July 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I swear I had
something for this
posted Hide Post
They have my attention. I'm very interested to see what their price point is a SHOT Show and I have plenty of P320 mags to feed it with. The ambi slide release is a great addition, but I am wondering how they pulled off the Sig style barrel lockup.

Phoenix Trinity builds a 2011 with that system, but they use a removeable locking block that rests between the barrel and the frame that can fall out if you take the slide off and turn the frame upside down. They also recommend keeping that area heavily lubed at all times.

Thankfully, this is premiering at SHOT Show from a small company, so I'll have at least a year to save for this gun...

Posts: 4130 | Location: Kansas City, MO | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I swear I had
something for this
posted Hide Post
Found another picture not on that website:

I like the plate system they're using. It'd similar to the Nighthawk IOS with irons forward. The upshot is you'll be able to have standard height sights with a full size optic (or possibly replace the optic plate with an irons plate). The downside is no Trijicon SRO.

Posts: 4130 | Location: Kansas City, MO | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
I'm definitely interested in more details, but I'm not sure I like the implications of that ambi slide lock lever and its tiny little access hole.

Something tells me you might be faced with having to take out a teeny-tiny little allen screw every time you want to field strip the thing...

Hopefully they'll offer a model without the massive mag funnel too.

Posts: 32429 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
The P250 we always wanted.

Posts: 9112 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
They released info on MSRP:

- Compact w/ aluminum frame, polymer grip, three 15-round magazines, 4.25” barrel: $1,699

- Compact Elite w/ aluminum frame, aluminum grip, three 15-round magazines, 4.25” barrel: $1,999

- Combat w/ aluminum frame, polymer grip, three 17-round magazines, 5” barrel: $2,199

- Combat Elite w/ aluminum frame, aluminum grip, two 17-round magazines & three 21-round magazines, 5” barrel: $2,599

- Competition w/ stainless steel frame, aluminum grip, five 21-round magazines, 5” barrel: $2,999

Not minority enough!

Posts: 7993 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Chowser:

- Compact w/ aluminum frame, polymer grip, three 15-round magazines, 4.25” barrel: $1,699

- Compact Elite w/ aluminum frame, aluminum grip, three 15-round magazines, 4.25” barrel: $1,999

- Combat w/ aluminum frame, polymer grip, three 17-round magazines, 5” barrel: $2,199

- Combat Elite w/ aluminum frame, aluminum grip, two 17-round magazines & three 21-round magazines, 5” barrel: $2,599

- Competition w/ stainless steel frame, aluminum grip, five 21-round magazines, 5” barrel: $2,999

Sounds reasonable. Hopefully it’s a decent pistol.

Without it taking 2011 mags will save people some money as well.

Posts: 1315 | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
Out of my price range but regardless of price the real question is how does it shoot? All those names for the different models sound good but it don't make the bullet hit the target.

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I so love mag compatibility. I hope Rogue is wrong, tools to field strip are a deal breaker.

Posts: 7347 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Prices are higher than I expected, they will have a hard row to hoe vs Staccato and others.

I think I would do an ambidextrous slide stop lever delete, if possible.

Posts: 3278 | Location: Florence, Alabama, USA | Registered: July 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I swear I had
something for this
posted Hide Post

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Chowser:

I am rapidly coming to the realization and I am not the target demographic for today's firearms manufacturers.

Posts: 6608 | Location: Virginia | Registered: January 22, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
Soooo ummmm $300 aluminum grips then. I mean me being a very self aware pot sure isn’t going to throw any epitaphs in a kettle direction but……$300 for aluminum grips……okie dokie. Smile

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7631 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I swear I had
something for this
posted Hide Post
Still cheap for the 2011 realm where they have to be hand fitted to the gun.

posted Hide Post
I would want to carry the gun, so the Sig mags are a big +. Before I jump in:
Price for a Commander size = $1200.
Trim down the oversized mag well.
Lose the ambi right side control levers.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16005 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I swear I had
something for this
posted Hide Post
I doubt the ambi controls are leaving since one of the reasons they built the gun was full ambi controls.

posted Hide Post
Just watched a decent interview with the owner. Here were a couple of my takeaways:

Field strip is amazingly easy. Pull the slide back a little, put your other hand's finger in and push out the slide stop. Slide then comes out with everything captive.

They copied the pivot link, but there is a machined cut that mimics the travel of the pivot link. Owner stated that no longer need to worry about lining up the link and capturing it with slide stop.

Each gun comes with 4 optic plates, 1 with irons, one for dpp, one for rmr, and last one for rmsrcc.

3 different versions with a base edition and an elite version. They have a carry, duty, and competition.

Series 70 trigger. 3 to 4 lbs on the carry and 1.5 to 2 lbs I believe on the competition.

March or April "strategic" release, general release after. No mention of pricing.

Link to video is below. It is the first interview, so you can watch the intro, or skip to 1:12 for the start. I have nothing to do with the company that made the video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WYISxwugS_M

For anyone that loves BAR's, especially in the correct 30-06, go to the 20:41 mark. Enjoy.

Posts: 247 | Location: Utah | Registered: June 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
probably a good thing
I don't have a cut
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cslinger:
Soooo ummmm $300 aluminum grips then. I mean me being a very self aware pot sure isn’t going to throw any epitaphs in a kettle direction but……$300 for aluminum grips……okie dokie. Smile

I believe they mean the whole lower grip is either polymer or aluminum. Not just "grips". Looking at the pictures it looks like there is one screw per side to hold that lower to the frame. So while the price may make more sense the whole thing is too rich for me anyway.

Posts: 3369 | Location: Tampa, FL | Registered: February 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cslinger:

I know only of two options for 2011 aluminum grips, they go for $550-600, and are out of stock everywhere.

Posts: 481 | Registered: April 03, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I swear I had
something for this
posted Hide Post
And this is the least expensive I've found and still requires gunsmith fitting to a 2011 frame:

https://masterpiecearms.com/sh...m-grip-aggressive-2/