SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Beretta APX. Anyone scoop one up for $180 from Palmetto?
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Beretta APX. Anyone scoop one up for $180 from Palmetto? Login/Join 
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted
I wasn’t planning on buying a subcompact today but for $179.99 after the Beretta rebate why not?

100% impulse buy based on positive experiences I’ve had with Beretta in the past.

I know it’s a bit too late to be asking this but here goes anyway. Are these decent little pistols?

It’s kinda neat looking. For that price I don’t think I can go too wrong. Big Grin I’m pretty excited to add another small Beretta to the collection.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21122 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It is very tempting. For the money, I don't think you can go wrong either.

After reading the qualifications of the rebate page from Beretta, it says: "Offer does not include used, close-out or discontinued models." I wonder what is meant/considered by that, a Beretta close out or a retailer or if it even applies.

Posts: 6897 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have an APX. It’s a great gun. Beretta making a Glock way after the fact is such a Beretta thing to do. That being said, it’s modular, the goofy slide serrations work extremely well, it has a very good trigger (but it pinches me), and it’s inexpensive. Not your price inexpensive but inexpensive. Good purchase.

Posts: 7540 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
patw, the one for sale of Palmetto’s website qualifies for the rebate.

Link to PSA Beretta APX

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21122 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pedropcola:
That being said, it’s modular, the goofy slide serrations work extremely well, it has a very good trigger (but it pinches me), and it’s inexpensive.

The new ones have slide serrations that are a little less ... goofy. Check out the picture: no more Toblerone.

Posts: 842 | Registered: December 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jack of All Trades,
Master of Nothing
Picture of 2000Z-71
posted Hide Post
Tempted, but I'm having difficulty finding any holsters for it.

My daughter can deflate your daughter's soccer ball.

Posts: 11781 | Location: Eagle River, AK | Registered: September 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pedropcola:
I have an APX. It’s a great gun. Beretta making a Glock way after the fact is such a Beretta thing to do. That being said, it’s modular, the goofy slide serrations work extremely well, it has a very good trigger (but it pinches me), and it’s inexpensive. Not your price inexpensive but inexpensive. Good purchase.

Have you tried Langdon’s trigger?
Considering it is only $16 likely worth a shot. Don’t really see Langdon making a trigger worse.
https://langdontactical.com/be...x-carry-trigger-9mm/

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25442 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
In hand this particular APX Carry variant feels nearly as dodgy to me as the predecessor Nano did; i.e., too skinny of a grip. The $50 rebate does apply to the Carry, for this simple reason: it hasn't been a particularly good seller for Beretta. As for PSA's deal; I'm guessing Beretta USA offered them to Palmetto dirt cheap if they'd buy a certain number, and that they'd turn a blind eye when it comes to PSA honoring any MAP pricing.

We sell one of them from time to time, but nowhere in the volumes of any of the other micro 9s.

-MG

Posts: 2008 | Location: The commie, rainy side of WA | Registered: April 19, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jack of All Trades,
Master of Nothing
Picture of 2000Z-71
posted Hide Post
D'oh! Did a Google search and there's numerous holsters available, just not from the makers I typically get holsters from. Maybe that means I'm getting old...

My daughter can deflate your daughter's soccer ball.

Posts: 11781 | Location: Eagle River, AK | Registered: September 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of grumpy1
posted Hide Post
Heck of a deal! Cheaper than a Taurus and ten times the quality.

Posts: 9750 | Location: Northern Illinois | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Does that Langdon trigger fit a APX that isn’t an APX Carry? Funny thing is about like 5he goofy serrations now, they work better than other serrations because they are EVERYWHERE. lol

Posts: 7540 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I recently picked one up that I ordered from PSA. It feels better in the hand than it's predecessor, the Nano.
The internet and YouTube is full of people complaining about its long, heavy trigger. It seems that any newly released pistol that doesn't break at 2lbs with an ultra short pull, is labeled a horrible trigger.
The pull is long, but not heavy. If you watch the trigger being pulled, you'll probably think, wow, this is long and it breaks all the way to the rear. But, once you're in a shooting stance or you're actually shooting it, the trigger feels completely different, and the pull length feels half of what it seemed before. I don't have any problems getting decent groups out of it.
We all like good triggers, but I don't understand why people seem to think that carry guns need light match grade triggers.
I think it's odd that Beretta didn't go ahead and increase the capacity when they redesigned it.
Overall, it's a pretty good buy. Keep in mind though, that it comes with just one 8rnd mag, and the free optic plate promo is over.
BTW, Smokey Mountain guns has the same deal with free shipping.

No one's life, liberty or property is safe while the legislature is in session.- Mark Twain

Posts: 3546 | Location: TX | Registered: October 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stickman428:
patw, the one for sale of Palmetto’s website qualifies for the rebate.

Link to PSA Beretta APX

You're not helping. I am trying to think of reasons why I shouldn't get one. Big Grin

Posts: 6897 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
It's good to see quality firearms still available at reasonable prices. The right of self defense belongs to every one, even those on a tight budget.

Posts: 107715 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of iron chef
posted Hide Post
Maybe I handled a lemon, but the APX Carry I dry-fired at a LGS had one of the worst triggers I've ever tried on a striker fired gun. I'm not talking about length of pull either. I shoot revolvers and Kahr, so I can appreciate a long DA pull. I couldn't believe Beretta put out a gun w/ such an awful trigger.

Posts: 3189 | Location: Texas | Registered: June 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
This is a DA-only trigger like the Nano, or is it a Glock-like pull?

posted Hide Post
It feels similar to the Nano's trigger. I didn't think the Nano's trigger was all that bad, and the APX feels better. I really don't understand why people are saying that it's a horrible trigger. It's really not bad. People go on like they're pulling a barn door shut with each pull.

No one's life, liberty or property is safe while the legislature is in session.- Mark Twain

Posts: 3546 | Location: TX | Registered: October 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted Hide Post
I had a Nano and it was the biggest pile of shit ever made. A Taurus would be an upgrade.

Isn't this a rebadged Nano?

Posts: 6662 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bubbatime:
I had a Nano and it was the biggest pile of shit ever made. A Taurus would be an upgrade.
That's just not true. "biggest pile of shit"? Ridiculous.

The Nano is a fine pistol with a smooth DA pull. The only problem with the Nano was that in the first production, the geometry of the extractor hook caused not-infrequent failures to extract. Once Beretta modified the extractor, these pistol were fine, especially for their size.

posted Hide Post
People like to hate on the Nano. I carried one for years and it was 100% reliable. There are guns out there that deserve all the criticism they get, and then there are some that people undeservedly dogpile on. The disrespected Nano always gets that treatment.