SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Outstanding service from Sig on P226
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Outstanding service from Sig on P226 Login/Join 
posted
I purchased a new stainless P226 Elite pistol in .40 S&W in 2011 from Top Gun Supply. I have been very happy with this pistol and with the .22 LR conversion kit which I purchased from Sig.

About two weeks ago, I sent it back to Sig for their cleaning and parts replacement, including installation of new night sights. The pistol was returned to me in less than a week from when I sent it out, with several (all?) of the springs replaced, including the magazine springs, and the pistol and magazines thoroughly cleaned and the pistol lubed. Sig also replaced the extractor, which had a small part of one corner broken off.

When I took it out to sight it in, figuring I would need to at least tweak the sights to get a proper zero, I was amazed to see that it had been sighted 'dead on'. No sight adjustment was need at all, either in elevation or windage.

I'm one very satisfied customer - outstanding turn-around time, and outstanding adjustment of the new sights. At my request, Sig also replaced the trigger with a new short-reset trigger, and it is as nice as the previous trigger, with the added benefit of the short-reset feature.

Thank you, Sig.

Bob58

Posts: 22 | Location: Kansas | Registered: April 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I recently sent a 226 in with a broken trigger bar and had the x ray sights put on and the action enhancement package done. Fast turn around and great service.

p229Extreme/P226Tac-Ops/P226 Extreme/P226 SAO) P226 X-5 Blue Moon/P226 X-5 Black and White

Posts: 750 | Registered: March 16, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Good to hear . You should send a quick note to Sig letting them know you appreciate their excellent service.

Posts: 705 | Location: S.W.Florida | Registered: August 18, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Best service from Sig on a P226: I sent mine in for an action job and SRT. For some reason it came back as a "repair - no charge". I quickly grabbed it before the owner of the LGS could change the invoice. Don't know why. Don't care.

__________________Making Good People Helpless . . . Will Not Make Bad People Harmless!___________________

Posts: 1731 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: May 26, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post