SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Cerekote a P239 slide?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Cerekote a P239 slide? Login/Join 
PopeDaddy
Picture of x0225095
posted Hide Post
Nope.

Doesn’t read that way at all.

Best way to move forward is to apologize and then activate your Read Only mode for two months …

… or until you realize that by mindlessly throwing around observations and them posing them as fact it hurts us all but especially those whose livelihoods depend upon their name and reputation.

Do you know how long it took him to research your claim? I don’t. But because he cares about his work, his reputation and the quality of his product he got right on it. Why put him through the unnecessary bullshit of clearing the record by challenging him to defend his work just for the sake of your casual musings.

You’ve got to be more careful and more aware my friend.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: x0225095,

0:01

Posts: 4206 | Location: ALABAMA | Registered: January 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Blume9mm:
I did not accuse CCR of shoddy work...
Actually, you did. You can see CCR's response to your post. Why do you think they posted that?

What makes it worse is that you don't even know for certain who did the coating, and yet you forged ahead.

It's apparent you don't view the world the same as I. There's nothing to be done about that, but don't you come in here and carelessly step on the vendors in this forum. You need to think before you post.

Posts: 107507 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diablo Blanco
Picture of dking271
posted Hide Post
I bought a P226 ST right about the time they announced they were being discontinued. When it arrived I was disappointed with some terrible looking tool marks on the front of the slide. It looked like a dull bit just chattered along and nobody at Sig bothered to clean it up. While it didn’t affect the performance or reliability of the gun, it drove me nuts. I took it over to Brad and Mary’s shop on a trip over to East TN to have CCR work over the gun. I asked Brad if he could mimic the same satin bead blast finish that my stainless Ed Brown 1911s came with. I pointed out the tool marks and let him have at it. He hand stoned all the tool marks and laid down the most perfect bead blasted finish. It has the absolute right amount of satin sheen and there isn’t a tool mark visible on the entire firearm. CCR is amazing at its craft and Brad and Mary are some of the nicest people you will ever meet. While I’m going to post a picture, it will not do it justice, nor did I think to take a before and after. Sig should have been embarrassed at the quality control that let this gun out of there facility the way it looked.

Posts: 2951 | Location: Middle-TN | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SiGagain
posted Hide Post
CCR has CPII'd a P220 slide and a G17 slide for me in 2011 and a P245 in 2012...they look pretty much the same today as they did when I received them...nice work at fair prices made even better when they run a sale...

both the P220 and the G17 were carried as a duty pistol, the P245 off duty...

I wipe mine off at the end of the day with an lightly oily/silicone cloth and I never leave a pistol in the holster...

good luck with your choice

Bill

Fast is Fine...Accuracy is Final
*SiGARMS GSR Revolution STX
*SiG/Sauer*P220*P226*P228*P230*P245*SPC2009*P365

NRA Benefactor Life/LEAA Life Membership

Posts: 2410 | Location: ChicagoLand, USA | Registered: November 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post