SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    New S&W Classic 586 6” Barrel- updated with range report and pics
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New S&W Classic 586 6” Barrel- updated with range report and pics Login/Join 
posted
I stopped by the LGS today. Pretty much knew I was walking out with something. The guys working there were great and fun.

They helped me right into this S&W 586 6” barrel.

I’ve wanted a long barreled .357 since I saw Rick Grimes rocking his Colt Python years ago.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Underdog,

Posts: 491 | Location: St. Augustine, FL | Registered: April 03, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Misanthropic Philanthrope
Picture of MWC
posted Hide Post
Sweet! Is that new old stock or is it back in production? Cool

Posts: 6772 | Registered: June 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MWC:
Sweet! Is that new old stock or is it back in production? Cool

Thank you for the question. :-)

It’s a new production pistol. Sweet trigger, nice pistole, basically a grail gun for me.

It’s a beast compared to my SP101’s.

Posts: 491 | Location: St. Augustine, FL | Registered: April 03, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
Looks beautiful. Congrats. The L frame is a beast, but in a good way. I have a 2 1/2" 686 but a long barreled, blued 586 is awesome.

When I had a GP100 it compared very closely to my 686. I think the GP was a bit beefier. It was a 3" and it defiantly shot easier then the 686 2 1/2".

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
Very nice! I like seeing the blued guns coming back. The L-Frame is a nice size. I picked up a Model 69 a few months back, and I have been really happy with it. A bit trimmer than my GP100, but still enough heft to be confidence inspiring. I imagine yours will be a tack driver with that long sight radius.

Posts: 8410 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
The 69 is an L frame correct?

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
Correct. 5 shot .44 Magnum in an L-Frame.

Posts: 8410 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lead slingin'
Parrot Head
Picture of Modern Day Savage
posted Hide Post
Always wanted a 4" 686...but seeing that picture, yeah, I think I could be happy with a 586 too. Smile

Sharp looking gun! Looking forward to a range report.

Posts: 7324 | Location: the Centennial state | Registered: August 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Really like the grips on that one.

Posts: 480 | Registered: February 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nice. I have not seen many new revolvers as of late.

Posts: 4979 | Registered: April 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That's really a beautiful revolver, Underdog. The grips look superb. The dark tint sets them off. Great find.

I appreciate the Rick Grimes reference, too.

Posts: 1087 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: September 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of photohause
posted Hide Post
Very nice gun. I had four inch and six inch S&Ws and loved them. Enjoy!

Don't. drink & drive, don't even putt.

Posts: 1630 | Location:  | Registered: March 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you for the responses.

Range report coming up tomorrow afternoon.

Bone 4 Tuna
Picture of jjkroll32
posted Hide Post
When I think DA revolver, that is the silhouette that comes to mind.

Nice purchase

NRA Life Member

Long Live the Super Thirty-Eight

Posts: 11143 | Location: Mid-Michigan | Registered: October 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Beautiful 586, to me the 6” barrel looks so much better in the blued version vs the 686.

Posts: 448 | Location: Marblehead ohio | Registered: January 05, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I still have my late 80’s 586. Unfortunately, I had it satin hard chromed, which I regret to this day. One of the only two wheel guns that I own.

Posts: 3326 | Location: South FL | Registered: February 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Triggers don't
pull themselves
Picture of mdblanton
posted Hide Post
Nice looking revolver. My first center fire handgun was a 6” 686 I bought about 30 years ago. Enjoy.

Posts: 1093 | Location: Petal, MS | Registered: January 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I don't like the lock but that's a beautiful L frame.

Posts: 568 | Location: Beaumont TX | Registered: March 05, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 92fstech:
I like seeing the blued guns coming back.

Hear, hear!

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nice!

I found my my grail revolver not too long ago - a no dash 4" 586. I put some Ahrend's grips and had Mark at Pinnacle put a 7 shot stainless cylinder on it to take moonclips. My favorite handgun for sure!

Posts: 39 | Registered: April 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post