SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    New S&W Classic 586 6” Barrel- updated with range report and pics
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New S&W Classic 586 6” Barrel- updated with range report and pics Login/Join 
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
Gorgeous revolver!

Posts: 15884 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Unfortunately the range I’m a member of is closed today. The owner is adding to the burms.

My luck has been bad lately so I didn’t feel like chancing a range open to the public.

Thanks again for the replies.

Posts: 491 | Location: St. Augustine, FL | Registered: April 03, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Top Gun Supply
posted Hide Post
Thank you for your business, Underdog!

https://www.topgunsupply.com

SIG SAUER Dealer and Parts Distributor

Posts: 10339 | Location: Ohio | Registered: April 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Top Gun Supply:
Thank you for your business, Underdog!

You’re welcome, really enjoyed the team that was working, I should’ve got their names.

Hopefully that Benelli M2 isn’t there on my next visit. LOL

Posts: 491 | Location: St. Augustine, FL | Registered: April 03, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bolo4tom
posted Hide Post
guy local to me posted a 4 inch blued for sale tonite. 1996 production in beautiful condition. thinking on it

Posts: 404 | Registered: October 24, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bolo4tom:
guy local to me posted a 4 inch blued for sale tonite. 1996 production in beautiful condition. thinking on it

What did you decide?

Picture of bolo4tom
posted Hide Post
i was going to buy it but when I went to find the listing again, it was gone. someone apparently beat me to it...sadly

Posts: 404 | Registered: October 24, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's all part of
the adventure...
posted Hide Post
Nice looking example. I’ve always liked the look of the 586/686.

Regards From Sunny Tucson,
SigFan

NRA Life - IDPA - USCCA - GOA - JPFO - ACLDN - SAF - AZCDL - ASA

"Faith isn't believing that God can; it's knowing that He will." (From a sign on a church in Nicholasville, Kentucky)

Posts: 1680 | Location: Tucson, Arizona | Registered: January 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The range finally opened back up.

Second string- SA at 25 yards .38 Special

First string- DA at 25 yards full-house .357 Magnums

The high left one was the first shot.

The trigger was incredible. Shooting .38 special was like shooting .22lr. The Remington .357s were full-house magnums but did not significantly add more recoil or any hand pain.

Now the Double Taps… Holy cow, I shot one cylinder of them and said that’s enough of that!

Thumb pic added for measurement.

Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
Nice shooting! Gotta love that long sight radius for those 25 yard shots. Looks like it's a keeper!

Posts: 8528 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JIMBO
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Modern Day Savage:
Always wanted a 4" 686...but seeing that picture, yeah, I think I could be happy with a 586 too. Smile

Sharp looking gun! Looking forward to a range report.

Underdog-how do you like the new style cylinder release button with the edge profile relieved a bit ?

Modern Day Savage-I carried a S&W Mod. 686 in 4" in a Bianchi Mod.X-15 vertical shoulder holster for about 10 years through the 1990's. What beautiful equipment that disappeared under many kinds of coats. At the time I could not have asked for a better setup, they served me flawlessly. I would highly recommend your continued interest in the 4" S&W Mod.686, stainless, L frame with RR/WO sites. After 10 years of carry and countless draws finish was in new condition. The grips are certainly a personal preference decision. I used Pachmayr Grippers (finger grooved) for unsurpassed purchase and comfort !

If you fail to plan, you plan to fail...

Posts: 534 | Location: Beautiful Montana | Registered: January 31, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
I had a no-dash 686 with a 6" barrel, which I got when they first made the L frames. I never loved the 6" barrel, and eventually sold it. I should get a 4" one.

Nice.

I wonder why the 586 is offered in a 4" barrel and the 686 is offered in a 4.125" barrel? They both have the 6" barrel, too.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53121 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post