SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    What is the best Browning Hi Power to look at ?
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What is the best Browning Hi Power to look at ? Login/Join 
Picture of wrightd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Here's an old friend of mine. 1990 production standard Sport Model, forged frame. Bone stock. Handsome and reliable. I had considered taking out the magazine safety, but I think I'm going to leave it as-is.

Shown with a Mec-Gar 20 round magazine.

SWEET.

Lover of the US Constitution
Wile E. Coyote School of DIY Disaster

Posts: 8683 | Location: Nowhere the constitution is not honored | Registered: February 01, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ridewv
posted Hide Post
A couple of mine.

FN Hi Power

Browning

Damn these phone pictures are poor, sorry.

No car is as much fun to drive, as any motorcycle is to ride.

Posts: 7098 | Location: Northern WV | Registered: January 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I guess we know why he goes by Parabellum now. Wink

Prices for vintage Hi Powers have been going to the moon recently, especially mid-60s T series. Here's a couple of recent examples:

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/913284932

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/913024531

I am happy that I picked up an as-new 1967 T-series locally about a year ago for $975. I thought it was a bargain at the time, but it has probably appreciated better than the stock market.

Posts: 2485 | Location: WI | Registered: December 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ridewv:
Damn these phone pictures are poor, sorry.
Actually, they look fine. That Capitan of yours is a seldom-seen item in the US. How did you come by that, if you don't mind me asking? Perhaps I never looked hard enough, but I never ran across one for sale.

Posts: 107603 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ridewv
posted Hide Post
Para I'm trying to recall the details of purchasing this pistol, I'm not at home to even look at the receipt. Actually I have two with consecutive 511 prefix serial numbers, on the one pictured I had a gunsmith remove the disconnect and he also did something else maybe a slightly lighter spring (he did the same to the FN and another HP I have) which makes for a nice trigger. I left the other Capitan stock and unfired. I bought the two I believe somewhere around 1999 from Vector Arms in Utah. Doing a search I found an image of one of Vector's ads promoting these pistols which they obtained from a contract overrun. I see the ad must be dated after I purchased my pair.

No car is as much fun to drive, as any motorcycle is to ride.

Posts: 7098 | Location: Northern WV | Registered: January 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
We Only Kneel
to Almighty God
posted Hide Post
In the late 80's, when money was too tight I had the chance to purchase a brand new Browning Captain for under $ 400.00 which was a closeout from a local HK dealer. Needless to say I was tight on funds so I passed. Confused

Posts: 3427 | Registered: October 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post