SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    CZ 75 B Stainless
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

CZ 75 B Stainless Login/Join 
posted
I have been wanting to try a CZ pistol for a long time and saw one posted in the classifieds of the Oklahoma Shooters Association, Monday It was CZ 75 B stainless with 4 mags, looked like it had been maybe a mag through it.It is a 2006 manufacture, I bought it and went home and broke it down and cleaned it and lubed it. I run 130 flawless rds through it and must say it is a fine shooting gun. The double action trigger pull is a little heavy though , I am thinking I need to dryfire it a lot and see if it will loosen up some.

Posts: 446 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: January 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of grumpy1
posted Hide Post
Congrats on your new CZ pistol abd it sounds like a really beauty.

You can easily lightenn the DA trigger pull with a few spring changes - hammer and firing pin spring. If you are going to also use it for self defense I would not get too light a spring and be sure to test out after installing. 15LB hammer spring and reduced power firing pin spring would be a good bet to sart with and 13LB spring or kit might be fine too if you want to go even lighter and cheap enough to at least try. Cajun Gun works has some nice springs and kits and plenty of You Tube videos on how to install. You can also contact them if you any further questions. Have fun with your new CZ.

https://cajungunworks.com/prod...query_type_models=or

Posts: 9730 | Location: Northern Illinois | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A man's got to know
his limitations
Picture of hberttmank
posted Hide Post
Nice gun, congrats on your score.
One of the things I like about the CZ 75 is you can run it cocked and locked so you don't have to use the double action.

"But, as luck would have it, he stood up. He caught that chunk of lead." Gunnery Sergeant Carlos Hathcock

Posts: 9357 | Registered: March 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
I've posted this, before:

I shot that with a CZ 75B, just like yours, that belonged to one of my best friends. I'd never fired that pistol before. Two outliers out of sixteen rounds.

I would have bought one, at the time, except CZ stopped making the 75B in satin stainless, I didn't want one in their PolyCoat, and I certainly didn't want it in polished stainless. So I never got one.

Have fun with it. They're real shooters.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I will check into the springs , I also miss not having a decocker though. I need to find a holster for it now.

Posts: 446 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: January 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Good, bad, I'm the
guy with the gun
Picture of 45ProCarry
posted Hide Post
You will need to replace the firing pin spring and roll pin if you plan on dry firing. This is a well known fault of CZ 75's. I have done this to all of my CZ 75's.

Posts: 2343 | Location: USA | Registered: May 03, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 45ProCarry:
You will need to replace the firing pin spring and roll pin if you plan on dry firing. This is a well known fault of CZ 75's. I have done this to all of my CZ 75's.

Even using snap-caps?

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've had no issues dry firing the CZ75's. Some have reported it. Some put a rubber o-ring over the firing pin so that the hammer falls on the o-ring, when dry firing.

In shadows with no firing pin block, it's not an issue, or shouldn't be.

So far as finish, these days one can finish a firearm to match one's tastes, so how it comes from the factory doesn't matter much.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of grumpy1
posted Hide Post
It is the firing pin retaining pin that can become so damaged the pistol will malfunction with a lot of dry firing. Personally I use a snap cap in my CZ if dry firing more than a few times. CGW has a replacement that will take a lot more abuse and be less stressful on fring pin shoulder.

https://cajungunworks.com/prod...g-pin-retaining-pin/

Some pictures of potential damage.

https://www.bing.com/images/se...&tsc=ImageHoverTitle

Posts: 9730 | Location: Northern Illinois | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Both the firing pin, and the firing pin retaining pin (a roll pin) have been reported by some users as troublesome. It's not an issue on the Shadow models, and some have found that the Cajun roll pin is hard and causes wear or peening on the firing pin, in the past. Some use a double roll pin, one inside the other. I haven't found it to be an issue either way.

posted Hide Post
You made a great find. The CZ75 Stainless is an outstandingly beautiful pistol that has unfortunately been dropped from production a couple of years ago. Enjoy yours!

Posts: 2007 | Registered: March 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If you don't want to send it off to Cajun or CZ Custom, the MCarbo spring kit is an alternative.

It would bring the D/A down to around 6-7 lbs and the S/A down to 3-4 lbs .

Posts: 656 | Registered: February 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 19tass
posted Hide Post
Congrats! You will love it!

Posts: 1204 | Location: Southern Illinois | Registered: November 17, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a different trigger and cajuns spring and firing pin coming cant hardly wait! The previous owner had removed the stock rubber grips and had put on aluminum Hogue extremes that are just flat. I like the CZ grips with swell a lot better than those flat grips. I will shoot them on my next range session.

posted Hide Post
LOK grips.

Palm swell, with bogie texture pattern.

You're welcome.

Picture of grumpy1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sns3guppy:
Both the firing pin, and the firing pin retaining pin (a roll pin) have been reported by some users as troublesome. It's not an issue on the Shadow models, and some have found that the Cajun roll pin is hard and causes wear or peening on the firing pin, in the past. Some use a double roll pin, one inside the other. I haven't found it to be an issue either way.

Thanks for that info. I use Tipton snap caps in any of my pistols if I am dry firing more than a few rounds, cheap insurance and easy to do.

Picture of grumpy1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kyoung:
I have a different trigger and cajuns spring and firing pin coming cant hardly wait! The previous owner had removed the stock rubber grips and had put on aluminum Hogue extremes that are just flat. I like the CZ grips with swell a lot better than those flat grips. I will shoot them on my next range session.

Good for you. I installed the "old style" CGW repro of CZ 85C original style combat trigger in mine and for me that made a big difference in comfort while shooting and more consistant accuracy. I hated the curved trigger it came with. That was a bit challenging to install though but was able to do it withou too much grief.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by grumpy1:
I use Tipton snap caps in any of my pistols if I am dry firing more than a few rounds, cheap insurance and easy to do.

Nothing wrong with playing it safe. A lot of guys put the o-ring behind the firing pin, for the hammer to hit, when dry firing, too. I've heard some prefer a red o-ring so it doesn't accidentally get left there (disabling the pistol).

Snap caps are never a bad idea.

posted Hide Post
Congrats on a solid choice. The 75B Stainless is one of my carry guns. I added an oversized thumb safety so I can carry it single action, similar to a 1911. However, with a few spring changes and some work on the part of the shooter, double action is glorious. And my current method of carry.

Ignem Feram

Posts: 528 | Registered: October 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have 2 CZ75B's. A SA (single Action) and bought one of the last CZ 75b Satin stainless'. I never even tried the DA/SA. I bought the gun from CZ custom and had them convert it to SA only and do their magic on it. The trigger and the rest of the gun are absolutely amazing and it was well worth the money. If you want to keep it DA/Sa they can do magic on the trigger for that too. But I'd just send it to CZ Custom or CGW and have them massage the trigger. The CZ 75 is a great gun, very accurate, very reliable, great ergonomics, etc. etc. Both places sell the drop in parts and you could change them or have a local gun smith do it too.

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post