SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Compensated P320 Holster Options
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Compensated P320 Holster Options Login/Join 
posted
Hello

I just ordered a new P320 FCU for a full size build I'm undertaking.

I'd like to have the option of putting a comp on the end of my threaded barrel and I'm struggling to find a holster for that set-up.

This firearm will not be used for carry purposes, so size and is not an issue. I'm looking for an OWB holster that will securely attach to a competition type belt.

Any suggestions / recommendations ?

Thanks in advance.

Posts: 5 | Registered: December 28, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
If you can't find a holster specifically set up for a compensated full size P320, I've known folks who have used a bandsaw to chop off the tapered muzzle end of a kydex holster, to create an open area to accommodate the extra length of a compensator or a threaded barrel.

Posts: 32493 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks Rogue

I've considered that, and won't rule it out as a final option. Hopefully there's one out there that serves my purpose.

Thanks again

posted Hide Post
Contact Red Hill Tactical, and explain what you want. They'll build a competition holster to your specifications, colors, etc. They do two-layer (and occasionally three-layer) kydex, and can set it up for any hangar or attachment system in use.

Depending on the compensator and slide combination, you can set the pistol up to have the same dimensions as a P320F, without need of a modified holster (eg, full size grip module, compact slide, with a parker mountain machine comopensator, etc).

I have five competition rigs set up using Red Hill holsters on shockbottle (BOSS) hangars, with DAA mag carriers on a DAA premium belt. The Red Hill holsters work great, are well made and well designed, and can probably be dropped from space without breakage. Presently I have them set up for Glocks, CZ's, and P320's.

(I realize that sounds like I'm mr. super competitor who'd deeply serious about competition, but the truth is that I got carried away and got a few good deals...and I haven't hardly shot since the whole Covid thing...)

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks sns3guppy

I'll check them out

posted Hide Post
So I heard back from Red Hill Tactical. They do not make holsters for pistols with comps.

The search continues

Picture of Rustpot
posted Hide Post
I have a Tier 1 Concealed OWB holster on a Safariland QLS setup that can take a compensator. It's a mold style that isn't formed to the gun. The compensator I have on my compact slide + full frame extends past the full size length by a bit and fits with room left in this holster.

This setup could easily mount on a TekLok or they make a beltloop version.

edit: pccraig- email me for a couple photos if you'd like, I don't have an easy host for them

Posts: 6030 | Location: Romeo, MI | Registered: January 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of creslin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
If you can't find a holster specifically set up for a compensated full size P320, I've known folks who have used a bandsaw to chop off the tapered muzzle end of a kydex holster, to create an open area to accommodate the extra length of a compensator or a threaded barrel.

I did this with a dremel to a couple of my holsters.
I even modified one to handle a red dot.

This is where my signature goes.

Posts: 1540 | Location: Kernersville, NC | Registered: June 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Are you talking about adding a comp to a full-size slide? How about a 320 X5 holster?

Posts: 5159 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am talking about adding a comp to a full-size slide.....wiil a 320 X5 holster work ?