SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Where did all the Kel-Tec p32"s Go?
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Where did all the Kel-Tec p32"s Go? Login/Join 
posted
I moved to the (Relitvly) free state of Neveda a bit over a year ago. This released me from the confines of Ca's handgun roster.
Before I became a Nv. resident, (still unable to buy handguns here) I saw a P32 for sale at the lgs. I haven't seen one new or used since. Did Kel Tec quit producing them? Online searches invariably claim "out of stock." and gun broker seems like a crapshoot.

Thanks,
Oscar Zulu

Posts: 159 | Registered: February 18, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Doin' what I can
with what I got
Picture of Rob Decker
posted Hide Post
They're still up on Kel-Tec's website as a product. If I had to guess I'd say they're probably just on the same supply chain struggle bus as everyone else.

----------------------------------------
Death smiles at us all. Be sure you smile back.

Posts: 5540 | Location: Greater Nashville, TN | Registered: May 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
I've noticed the same thing lately. Since I got a Beretta 81 and started stocking/loading for .32ACP, I have been looking for a cheap P32 to try out as an ultra-deep concealment mousegun. I'm not a big fan of mouseguns, or Kel-Tec, as a general rule, but there are times when something like that is just the only option, and I figured if I could find one cheap it would be worth at least playing with.

Once I started looking, I couldn't find one anywhere. A couple recently popped up in a local Sheriff's sale auction so I'm bidding on one...we'll see what happens.

Posts: 8534 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
^^^ My exact line of thinking. I've never owned a Kel Tec anything, But a cheap, tiny 8 shot pistol intrigues me. And I've heard they work pretty well....generally.
OZ

Posts: 159 | Registered: February 18, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
I have a friend who's in his late 80s...lifelong gun guy. He's at a point in his life where his hand strength has degraded somewhat due to age and arthritis. But he carries that little P32 all the time, and you'd never know he has it...it just disappears. And he can dump 8 rounds into center-mass very quickly if he has to...I've seen him do it.

I've shot his, and while it's definitely not a gun I'd opt to carry when I have the option to carry something bigger, it's very shootable and much easier to make fast follow-up shots with than the similar form-factor .380s.

Posts: 8534 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
IIRC, proper loading of the magazines was key to reliable function.

I should've picked one up when they were plentiful & cheap, used to see them regularly on the shelf.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15267 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dies Irae
Picture of Opus Dei
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P250UA5:
IIRC, proper loading of the magazines was key to reliable function.

I should've picked one up when they were plentiful & cheap, used to see them regularly on the shelf.
A bit of the semi-rimmed configuration and OAL plays into rim lock. I use Silvertips and haven't had issues.

Posts: 5750 | Location: Fort Heathen, Texas | Registered: February 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My Keltec P32 has been relaible, the only hollowpoint ammo I have used was Hornady, but I carry with Geco fmj.

I tap the magazine's back against my hand or sturdy surface but haven't had any issues with rim lock.

The trigger guard will rub my trigger finger raw around 100rds, but I'm not faulting it for that.

Pre-pandemic SGammo had cases of GECO for 200, Targetsportsusa had the same pricing but with prime you got free shipping.

Posts: 236 | Location: SDF | Registered: January 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Orive 8
posted Hide Post
Around 2003-2005 I worked part time at a gun store that had an indoor range. A couple came down to the range to shoot their two Kel-Tec 32s that they had bought. We were talking and they asked me my opinion about the gun, I told them "From what I have seen, they are about a 50/50 chance for being 100% reliable."

They went into the range to shoot their guns, her gun worked without issues, his gun didn't. They came back out and left.

A few months later I ran into them again, the gentleman told me that he had sent his back to Kel-Tec,and got it back in just under 3 weeks. It worked perfectly on his next range trip.

Then he stated, "now I'm looking to get something bigger".

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tomorrow's battle is won during today's practice.

Posts: 1897 | Location: Collier Twp, PA | Registered: June 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
One of my Lt.’s carried one for years as a back-up/off duty gun. Soft shooting little pistol and I do not recall him having one bit of issues with the gun either. I shot it once. Fun little gun to shoot. I hope you find one.

Posts: 4043 | Registered: January 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of abnmacv
posted Hide Post
When deep concealment is needed a very slim 32 acp can disappear.

U.S. Army 11F4P Vietnam 69-70 NRA Life Member

Posts: 1552 | Registered: June 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by abnmacv:
When deep concealment is needed a very slim 32 acp can disappear.

Very true. I have that requirement a couple of times a year and my go to is a P3AT, almost exactly the same size.

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have ownned a P 32 since the early 2000s and never had any issue. It's the perfect deep cover gun.

Posts: 237 | Location: PA | Registered: January 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Delta-3
posted Hide Post
Been looking for one for awhile. It'll never replace my Beretta Tomcat but I just love 32's.
I REALLY wish Ruger would (or would've) made their LCPII in 32 instead of 380. I have one (kinda snappy) but I think a 32 would've have been a better round for that size pistol.

Rom 13:4 If you do evil, be afraid. For he does not bear the sword in vain. For he is God's minister, an avenger to execute wrath on him who practices evil.

Posts: 704 | Location: NW Ohio but Montana is always home. | Registered: September 30, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Delta-3:
Been looking for one for awhile. It'll never replace my Beretta Tomcat but I just love 32's.
I REALLY wish Ruger would (or would've) made their LCPII in 32 instead of 380. I have one (kinda snappy) but I think a 32 would've have been a better round for that size pistol.

A slightly downsized version of the LCPII in .32 would be a winner for sure. I'd rather by a Ruger than a Kel-Tec, too. I do appreciate the fact that both the LCP and the P32 are locked breach designs rather than blowback.

That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted Hide Post
KelTec is pretty busy turning out their other crap. I bet old guns like the .32 are not on their priority list for machine time. They probably make one or two runs of P32's a year for their distributors. Maybe call them up and see if they are talkative and when they might expect the next batch to be made?

Posts: 6660 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Delta-3
posted Hide Post
quote:
slightly downsized version of the LCPII in .32 would be a winner for sure. I'd rather by a Ruger than a Kel-Tec, too. I do appreciate the fact that both the LCP and the P32 are locked breech designs rather than blowback.

Exactly. I think there is a market for .32's. I think there always has been.
It's a shame that companies have pushed the pocket .380's. The recoil can be stout & not a gun for someone new to firearms.
The same size pistol (lock breech or blowback) in .32 gives you 1-2 more rounds, much less recoil & doesn't give up much ballistically to the .380. I hope that changes.

Rom 13:4 If you do evil, be afraid. For he does not bear the sword in vain. For he is God's minister, an avenger to execute wrath on him who practices evil.

Posts: 704 | Location: NW Ohio but Montana is always home. | Registered: September 30, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
Well, I got a little carried away at the auction. I got the P32, along with a few other things. It was an online auction, so I haven't actually seen it yet. I pick it up this afternoon...hopeful I'll get a chance to do some shooting with it this weekend and report back. Paid $150, which IMO isn't bad. I can probably get that back out of it if it doesn't work for me.

Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
Next, you'll be ordering the belt clip and 10 round mags. And pocket holsters. and ... Wink

And dreaming up mousegun postal match stages ...

Posts: 15885 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
Lol, I'll admit to already having thought about mousegun stages, but I have to win again if I'm going to subject you all to that!

As to ordering more stuff, yeah, it'll happen, but probably not for a while once my wife hears how much I just spent Eek! Good news is, I'm already casting bullets and loading .32 ACP for my Beretta 81, so I should at least be able to shoot it. That's more that I can say for the SMLE...I'm not sure I can even buy ammo for that thing.