SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    SP2022 conversion
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

SP2022 conversion Login/Join 
posted
Will a complete 9mm slide [ slide barrel recoil spring ] work on a .40 frame. Are the ejector and extractor different?

Posts: 735 | Registered: February 25, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That's just the
Flomax talking
Picture of GaryBF
posted Hide Post
All you really need is a factory 9mm barrel. At one time, I owned both a 9mm SP2022 and a .40 SP2340. I tried the conversion and it worked well enough that I sold the SP2022.

Posts: 11875 | Location: St. Louis, Missouri | Registered: February 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks Gary.

Posts: 735 | Registered: February 25, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Frame is the same, slide internals are a bit different. You'll also need a 9mm mag.

People have reported it'll chamber and fire just fine, but with the extractor not sized/positioned properly for a 9mm cartridge, you may have extraction failures. Probably fine for plinking, but I wouldn't bet my life on it. I'm looking for a 9mm slide for that very reason.

SP 2022 .40 S&W (German-proofed), P245

Posts: 117 | Location: Salt Lake City | Registered: July 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post