SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Beretta M9 Rimfire
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Beretta M9 Rimfire Login/Join 
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted
I saw this in Cabelas. Does anyone here own one and have any input or opinions?

Looks like the classic Beretta.

I would be interested even with the $400 price if the function and reliability were good.

I'm sure there are many lightweight, lesser components.

Posts: 17889 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
The Beretta is made by Umarex just like the FN 502.
I have heard good things about the Beretta no personal experience. I have the FN 502 and it is one of the best 22 clones of their big brothers you will find.

I would not quite put them in Buckmark or MKIV territory quality wise but I think they serve different purposes.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25423 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've had mine for a couple years and it's been 100% reliable with decent ammo. As Black92 says it's not a Buckmark but Beretta and Umarex teamed up to reproduce a 92 series Beretta in 22LR.

Posts: 933 | Location: Central Ohio | Registered: January 05, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
if you already own a Berretta 92, I'd just buy the kit from beretta. I own one and it works, even with the D spring.

The .22 specific model is a fixed barrel gun and cannot be swapped to 9mm.

Posts: 4591 | Location: Where ever Uncle Sam Sends Me | Registered: March 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
and r

I have one and have run thousands of rounds through it with few issues.

Posts: 15 | Location: Yuma, AZ | Registered: September 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CD228:
if you already own a Berretta 92, I'd just buy the kit from beretta. I own one and it works, even with the D spring.

That's gotta be a better quality option than Umarex anything.

Posts: 27293 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
I bought the newer M9A1-22 for my son. Not sure who makes it, but it's definitely better than Uramax quality. Also 15 round mags.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 8020 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Il Cattivo:
quote:

The last time I remembered a .22LF ammo shortage was in 2014 and I bought this dirty ass Mexican ammo that my Smith and Ruger semi-auto's choke on. I just shot 4 mags of this crap through my not very clean M9-22 and it ate everyone without a hiccup. Maybe I got lucky with this Umarex.

Posts: 933 | Location: Central Ohio | Registered: January 05, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Il Cattivo:
quote:

Very true. But one needs to already have a Beretta 92 with slide mounted safety or be willing to buy one.

quote:
Originally posted by Chowser:
I bought the newer M9A1-22 for my son. Not sure who makes it, but it's definitely better than Uramax quality. Also 15 round mags.

I can’t tell if you are being facetious or not but if that is a factory .22 gun at or around the price point of $350-$400. That right there is Umarex quality because it is made by Umarex.

I am not really sure on the Umarex hangup in regard to the M9 .22s.

Are they Beretta 87 quality? Beretta 92 center fire with a Beretta .22 conversion quality? Browsing Buckmark or Ruger MKIV quality???
Nope, nope, nope, and nope, I don’t really think they are intended to be or they would not be priced sub $400.

Are they equally as reliable?? Anecdotally I would say they are of the folks I know with the Umarex Berettas I have not heard of any issues.
As for the FN 502s anecdotally and personally they are a heck of a little pistol. Hell the trigger on a 502 is better than that of what it is intended to copy the 509.

These are intended and marketed as plinkers and turns out they are pretty reliable plinkers at that so I am not really sure why everyone has their under britches all in a ruffle about them being made by Umarex.

————————————————

Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
https://www.cabelas.com/shop/e...ire-semi-auto-pistol

You can zoom in and see made in Germany by Umarex

Posts: 17889 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Oz_Shadow:

OHHHHHH THE HORROR!!!!!!!!

————————————————

Picture of PGT
posted Hide Post
The rimfire conversion kit is more durable than the dedicated gun so get that if you've already got a 92. If not, I personally wouldn't buy the dedicated gun over other options and saying that as someone with 20+ examples of the 92 in my collection. I'd rather have a dedicated 22 over a full size replica of the M9 in 22

Posts: 3089 | Registered: December 21, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Black92LX:
quote:

But is it? So far it seems to have fairly positive reviews. Conversion kits often cost as much as a dedicated pistol.

Raised Hands Surround Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Black92LX:
quote:

But is it? So far it seems to have fairly positive reviews. Conversion kits often cost as much as a dedicated pistol.

It appears To some folks just the mention of Umarex means it’s terrible.

————————————————

posted Hide Post
I’ve had one for 7 years now and I did have to send it back for a broken thumb safety four years ago. One side is metal and other is plastic and the metal side broke off. Funny thing about it was that it still functioned. Beretta fixed it with a 3 week turnaround. I had the barrel threaded and functions great suppressed. 15rd mags are great too.

Posts: 568 | Location: Beaumont TX | Registered: March 05, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Giftedly Outspoken
Picture of sigarms229
posted Hide Post
I have one, it's the M9A1 version and I bought it a few weeks ago. It was in the used case, mint in box with 2 mags for $285.

So far I'm impressed with it. Its fed every ammo I've given it, and groups well for a non-target pistol. My brother shot it and he said it fed every type of ammo for him too and he was impressed.

I ordered a factory threaded barrel for it and additional magazines but haven't taken it since I installed the new barrel. Unfortunately I won't be able to try the new barrel out for a week or two.

Sometimes, you gotta roll the hard six

Posts: 4522 | Location: SouthCentral PA | Registered: December 05, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I bought the conversion kit directly from Beretta. Their web store runs promos for just about every holiday and you can get significant discounts that end up more than other retailers. The conversion kit only works on full size frames, not compact / centurion. Mine has been extremely reliable with different types of ammo.

Posts: 352 | Location: Michigan | Registered: November 30, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Black92LX: about them being made by Umarex.

sorry, was fat fingering on my phone. I meant it's better than Uramex's old quality.

I forgot what older Uramex copy I had but this one definitely feels better.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 8020 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have the kit mounted to a Beretta 92 lower full time. Gives me a real Langdon trigger. The Fixed barrel is great for accuracy and is the best suppressor host. Also, there are 15 round magazines and the 10 rounders can be easily converted back.

Posts: 146 | Registered: August 31, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post