SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Anybody have experience with a Walther PPQ .22lr?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anybody have experience with a Walther PPQ .22lr? Login/Join 
Picture of valkyrie1
posted
looking at a lightly used one but also the Taurus TX22 and now the P22,FN 502s hard to find here.

Posts: 2306 | Location: Florida | Registered: March 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
and this little pig said:
posted Hide Post
My wife bought one after she shot one on vacation. She & I like it; dependable, balances well, and shoots accurately.

Posts: 3399 | Registered: February 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Res ipsa loquitur
Picture of BB61
posted Hide Post
I’ve had one for several years. It sometimes doesn’t lock back on the last round. Other than that, it has been incredibly reliable. The trigger is a littler different than a PPQM2/PDP but I still use it a lot for training where I think it excels and it certainly saves me $$$$.

Posts: 12459 | Registered: October 13, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted Hide Post
I had one for a year or so till selling it to a friend that needed it. Never gave me an issue.

"Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway." Steve McQueen...

Posts: 6997 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: July 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've sold a couple of them. They feel decently made and the 12 round capacity is nice. I think they're eclipsed by the P322 and TX22 though.

Posts: 5159 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have 2, one 4" and 5" and love them. They are a lot of fun

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Democracy is 2 Wolves & a Lamb debating the lunch menu.

Liberty is a well armed Lamb!

Posts: 883 | Registered: March 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of valkyrie1
posted Hide Post
Thank you all!!!

Posts: 2306 | Location: Florida | Registered: March 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have shot one.
A comfortable grip and a very good trigger for a Plastic Pistole.
It would be a tough decision between the Walther trigger and the P322 capacity.

Posts: 3284 | Location: Florence, Alabama, USA | Registered: July 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I had one. I ended up selling it to a friend that liked it more than I did.

It was a decent pistol. Accurate and reliable enough to be fun.

The gun is styled like a PPQ and I bought it as a "trainer" for my centerfire PPQs.

The trigger, while decent for a .22 plinker, is different enough from the centerfire PPQs that I was not sure the training benefit I was after was there.

Posts: 462 | Location: Illinois | Registered: June 13, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of myrottiety
posted Hide Post
I've got one i've put several thousand through. Mostly suppressed. I'd been fantastic. I can regularly bang steel gongs @ 35 & 50 yards with it.

Train how you intend to Fight

Remember - Training is not sparring. Sparring is not fighting. Fighting is not combat.

Posts: 8847 | Location: Woodstock, GA | Registered: August 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post