SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Sig AXG Scorpion....Discontinued?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sig AXG Scorpion....Discontinued? Login/Join 
Picture of TexasRaider
posted
Did Sig do it again? Did they suddenly drop a pistol without any warning? I was actually looking this week to pick up the FDE Scorpion but looking online...BOOM.....they're all gone and Sig's site says 'Discontinued'.

Maybe I'm just old and slow, but did they announce this somewhere and I missed it?

Posts: 807 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: June 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
That’s their M.O. unfortunately. I’m not sure they would make such an announcement, just quietly drop the model. I hope you can still find one.

Posts: 17144 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
probably a good thing
I don't have a cut
posted Hide Post
You could try the concierge service to maybe have them build one for you.

Posts: 3385 | Location: Tampa, FL | Registered: February 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Paten:
You could try the concierge service to maybe have them build one for you.

Yup. Build whatever to your exact specs. The AXG Scorpion was just another "Limited Edition", anyway. But, if you want it, their concierge service will build it.

Q

Posts: 26410 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hard to say it was dropped without warning when it was a limited edition anyway.

Posts: 17145 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TexasRaider
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fredward:
Hard to say it was dropped without warning when it was a limited edition anyway.

True, but although I am certainly and clearly no firearms business SME, it seems a bump in demand might occur when folks find out something they wanted is going to be discontinued; it could potentially create a temporary spike in sales of that item.

If, in these occasions, Sig were to release a statement or post an update on their site "Product Notice: Our XXXX product will be discontinued in 90 days", it might generate a small run in sales. I can't help but think by giving folks a heads up, it would spur many who are on the bubble or procrastinating about that item to say "Oh crud, I better get it now!"

What could it hurt? They know they're gonna stop production anyway, all it could do is potentially create more sales by getting lazy guys like me off our butts to buy it. Doesn't cost them anything and, if it doesn't work, they're no worse off... they were gonna discontinue it anyway.

Alas.

Posts: 807 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: June 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
I could be wrong, but I don't think SIG cares that much. Not Exeter, anyhow. I mean, they sell everything they make and people love to remind us that.

Posts: 17144 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TexasRaider:
If, in these occasions, Sig were to release a statement or post an update on their site "Product Notice: Our XXXX product will be discontinued in 90 days"...

First, can you name any firearm companies doing such a thing?

Second, as already pointed out, why does it matter, when they offer you the P320 and P365 concierge service, where you can order anything you want? Order ten AXG Scorpions, and they'll make them for you.

Q

Posts: 26410 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TexasRaider
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
quote:
If, in these occasions, Sig were to release a statement or post an update on their site "Product Notice: Our XXXX product will be discontinued in 90 days"...

First, can you name any firearm companies doing such a thing?

Second, as already pointed out, why does it matter, when they offer you the P320 and P365 concierge service, where you can order anything you want? Order ten AXG Scorpions, and they'll make them for you.

Dude...it was just a thought, not a demand. Chill.
Besides, not many other companies release the flood of 'limited edition' models that Sig does. Doesn't seem a big deal if you have one that's a big seller to simply put an approximate end date on the 'limited' part, that's all.

Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Besides, not many other companies release the flood of 'limited edition' models that Sig does. Doesn't seem a big deal if you have one that's a big seller to simply put an approximate end date on the 'limited' part, that's all.

That's funny. A thought? Really? You are the one who seems to make a big deal out of nothing. Then get all uptight, when others offer opposing view. Chill? Lol. Hope you have a nice weekend.

Q

Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
If SIG did announce it 90 days out, there would be complainers that would be mad because it was 180 days out.

People will always find something to complain about living in times where you don’t only have the choice of a 1911, a BHP or a wheel gun.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TexasRaider
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
quote:

That's funny. A thought? Really? You are the one who seems to make a big deal out of nothing. Then get all uptight, when others offer opposing view. Chill? Lol. Hope you have a nice weekend.

Upset? Not at all, man. I'm not sure how this went from me asking a simple question and expressing a simple thought to a pointless confrontation, but that certainly wasn't my objective. Again, just asking if anyone knew this was going away and pondering how nice it would be if Sig gave folks a quick heads up. That's all. Sorry it turned frosty. Hope you also have a great weekend.

Back on point, had anyone seen anything recently about the AXG away, aside from the obvious fact it was called 'limited' in the beginning? Maybe something was put out there and I just missed it....

Picture of TexasRaider
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jljones:
If SIG did announce it 90 days out, there would be complainers that would be mad because it was 180 days out.

People will always find something to complain about living in times where you don’t only have the choice of a 1911, a BHP or a wheel gun.

LOL! Probably!

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jljones:

Hey, hey, hey! Don't forget the Smith & Wesson Models 39 & 59! Geez... Smile

Posts: 645 | Location: Griffin, GA, USA | Registered: November 03, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
Touche

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Austin228
posted Hide Post
quote:
Did Sig do it again? Did they suddenly drop a pistol without any warning? I was actually looking this week to pick up the FDE Scorpion but looking online...BOOM.....they're all gone and Sig's site says 'Discontinued'.

Maybe I'm just old and slow, but did they announce this somewhere and I missed it?

Thing is, this isn't a pistol being dropped at all, P320's are made en masse and the AXG frame if anything is not gone by a longshot.

I'd say P22X models are on the way out more than P3XX models.

Discontinuing in this case is not the same as what happened to the SP2022 this year, and what happened to the P224, P225(A1 too), P227, P228/P229 9mm (vs 229-1), P239, P245, SIG P250, SIG P290, SIG 556 among other SIG models.

Parts dry up because SIG didn't make more when they discontinued guns in the past.

Not happening to P320's, AXG frames, or any P320 parts anytime soon.

Does not compare to not offering a limited AXG frame color for the P320.

New AXG frames are definitely being made.

SIG Website make your own custom P320/P365

https://www.sigsauer.com/concierge-service

Or - buy a used AXG scorpion I'm sure they come up randomly at LGS or gunbroker.com they weren't a rarity.

Also, you'll be able to find parts for the P320 for a very long time.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Austin228,

Posts: 1471 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: March 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Misanthropic Philanthrope
Picture of MWC
posted Hide Post
It's been SIG's MO for a couple of years now; come up with a new whiz-bang product, advertise the crap out of it, then produce it for about 5 minutes before selling you on the next whiz-bang product.

Posts: 6772 | Registered: June 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post