SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Latest bling from the German Mastershop - The X5 Facettes
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Latest bling from the German Mastershop - The X5 Facettes Login/Join 
Web Clavin Extraordinaire
Picture of Oat_Action_Man
posted Hide Post
That looks like an absolute pain in the ass to clean. Like every interior edge will catch every bit of dirt and grime possible and be awful to ever get rid of.

Good luck with that. Wink

----------------------------

Chuck Norris put the laughter in "manslaughter"

Educating the youth of America, one declension at a time.

Posts: 19837 | Location: SE PA | Registered: January 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 45_Auto
posted Hide Post
That is one great looking pistol. Congratulations on getting it!

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
A Veteran is someone who wrote a blank check Made payable to 'The United States of America' for an amount of 'Up to and including their life'.
That is Honor. Unfortunately there are way too many people in this Country who no longer understand that.

Posts: 2306 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: November 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RioGrande481
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Oat_Action_Man:
That looks like an absolute pain in the ass to clean. Like every interior edge will catch every bit of dirt and grime possible and be awful to ever get rid of.

Good luck with that. Wink

Looks like a good thing for an ultrasonic cleaner!

RioGrande481

“I didn’t get where I am today by everything smelling of Bolivian Unicyclist’s jock straps!”
C.J. Supercut 1976

Posts: 524 | Registered: August 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
Maybe a soft bristle brush or one of the spray blast cleaners. I keep going back looking at its surfaces. Kinda addicting. Q, you posted 2 images enlarged of its thumb safety. What is the fine line below the serrations in both pics ?

Posts: 17900 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Redhookbklyn
posted Hide Post
Beautiful pistol. Curious if the front strap Hulk pattern provides a decent grip surface.

Look forward to your thoughts after range time.

“There is love in me the likes of which you’ve never seen. There is rage in me the likes of which should never escape."
—Mary Shelley, Frankenstein

Posts: 1935 | Location: South Carolina  | Registered: January 01, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Had some fun the last couple of days. 400 rds through it (200 GECO 124 FMJ and 200 Fiocchi 124 FMJ). What a joy to shoot this gun. Trigger pull is truly fantastic, breaking at just barely above 2 lbs. However, I'll admit that I'm a curve trigger kind of guy. As I said before, curved trigger is more natural to the finger.

Recoil? As can be expected on this heavy all stainless gun, it's nothing. The front strap's cut is no problems. Not as grippy as the typical checkering, but grippy enough so there was no slippage.

Got to say, indoor accuracy testing sometimes can be annoying. Since the target is hanging, it is not completely fixed, so it can sway. Even a tiny sway can mess you up, especially at longer distance. I was all over the places with the Fiocchi at 25 yds yesterday it's embarrassing. Roll Eyes I'll probably go to an outdoor range the next time.

Q

Posts: 26396 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Very nice!!! Cool

DOUG
Military Police = MP = Mike Papa

Posts: 245 | Location: East Tennessee | Registered: September 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Nice to see these pistols used.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
I'd probably totally agree with you Q about its trigger. The gun is captivating. Really enjoy looking at it. All of its lines are pleasing.

Posts: 17900 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am hoping the Forum Management/Owner does not frown on me reviving this four year old thread. This specific pistol was limited to less than 25 pistols (Q please correct me if that number is wrong).

I know many will look at this pistol and shake your head in disgust as to its design, but for me I have always thought it was a beautiful work of pistol art - that also proved to be a great shooting pistol - thanks to Q’s range report.

Posts: 3245 | Location: MS | Registered: December 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What a gorgeous finely engineered X5; thank you for sharing this magnificent piece from your collection with us. One of the reasons we collect firearms is because we realize there are waves of technology and craftsmanship in human history that will never come again; and it's rewarding to own exemplars of a peak in this cycle. This X5 is certainly a fine example of the right minds and the right hands coming together to produce a superb firearm that is just as rewarding to admire as it is to shoot, for many years to come.

Posts: 110 | Location: Chicago area | Registered: April 01, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I returned to the forum after this thread went live, though I recall seeing a few images somewhere on the web. The Mastershop truly DID have some fun piecing together their creations; those folks are sorely missed.

Its trigger may 'break' like glass, but apparently so does the slide as well. Wink

-MG

Posts: 1993 | Location: The commie, rainy side of WA | Registered: April 19, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Some more Facettes HERE with slightly different design.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: 12131,

Q

Posts: 26396 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks Q for adding this second thread.

Posts: 3245 | Location: MS | Registered: December 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nice pistol but that slide is definitely not my cup of tea.

Posts: 1627 | Location: USA | Registered: December 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
12131, thank you so much for sharing. Great stuff!

Posts: 1924 | Location: Pacific Northwet | Registered: August 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
War Damn Eagle!
Picture of Snake207
posted Hide Post
That is one bad-ass looking pistol.

Reminds me of the "experimental" ship camo from WWII. Big Grin

Posts: 12542 | Location: Realville | Registered: June 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post