SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Looking for the best chest holster for a G40 in 10mm
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Looking for the best chest holster for a G40 in 10mm Login/Join 
The Velvet Voicebox
posted
Just recently bought a G40,MOS in 10mm. Looking for a good chest holster for it. recommendations?

"All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope."

--Sir Winston Churchill

"The world is filled with violence. Because criminals carry guns, we decent law-abiding citizens should also have guns. Otherwise they will win and the decent people will lose."

--James Earl Jones

Posts: 7657 | Location: KCMO | Registered: August 31, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
Cliff,

Here's a recent thread that might interest you.
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...130027664#6130027664

I posted in it that Simply Rugged makes a great setup. https://www.simplyrugged.com/
Take the G40 Cuda holster and add the Chesty Puller chest suspension system
https://www.simplyrugged.com/e...em_id=407&parent=669
https://www.simplyrugged.com/e...em_id=160&parent=672
This gives you several options in addition to the chest carry. Smile

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16226 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Velvet Voicebox
posted Hide Post
Thanks bald1. I vaguely remember that thread, but could not find it. Appreciate it.

"All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope."

--Sir Winston Churchill

"The world is filled with violence. Because criminals carry guns, we decent law-abiding citizens should also have guns. Otherwise they will win and the decent people will lose."

--James Earl Jones

Posts: 7657 | Location: KCMO | Registered: August 31, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I think Kenai and Diamond D are the two best options.
One is leather and one is Kydex.
They each have the two different strap systems as well.

I have DD, but I could probably draw faster out of a Kenai.

Posts: 434 | Registered: November 03, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I got a Million of 'em!
posted Hide Post
I use a Hill People Gear rig. It just barely holds the long barrel of the G40 but I like the ability to carry a small first aid kit and supplies in the front pouches also.

https://hillpeoplegear.com/Products/CategoryID/1

Posts: 8145 | Location: Hiram, GA. | Registered: October 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Take a look here:

2aholster.com

His kit is highly regarded over on socnet.

Tony

Posts: 315 | Registered: December 18, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Take a look at these-

https://www.survivalsheath.com/collections/holsters

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8351 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
Cliff, here's a decent picture of that Simply Rugged pancake holster with Chesty Puller straps.

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16226 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Wreckless
posted Hide Post
I went with what my Alaskan Guide recommended.

https://www.diamonddcustomleat...choice-chest-holster

Guide's Choice™ Leather Chest Holster
$175.00

The Guides Choice™ leather chest holster is the ORIGINAL great Alaskan chest holster. Companies, both large and small, have imitated, but never duplicated, our design. The Guides Choice™ Chest Holster is the only leather gun holster designed, tested, and hand made in the great state of Alaska by great Alaskan leather gun holster craftsmen.

The Guides Choice™ leather chest holster is simple, comfortable, easy to adjust & very versatile. You get maximum handgun accessibility, while not interfering with your clothing and gear. Whether you are fishing, hiking, hunting, camping, or working each Guides Choice™ Chest Holster has been designed and hand made for you by hard working Alaskans.

We have spent over a decade field testing The Guides Choice™ Leather Chest Holster to ensure we have created the very best leather gun holster available anywhere! Whether you are using it as a chest holster, shoulder holster, or cross draw gun holster, the Guide's Choice™ Chest Holster will meet and hopefully exceed your needs and expectations.

SATISFACTION GUARANTEED

La Dolce Vita

Posts: 543 | Location: SW Florida & SNJ | Registered: July 26, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of inspcalahan
posted Hide Post
I'm running the Diamond D setup - it works with a RDS mounted and has an extra mag pouch on the cross strap.

In fact, I have this holster system for that G40, a Sig P220 10mm, a S&W N frame and my S&W 460.

I've heard great things about the kydex Kenai rigs too.

Posts: 824 | Location: Alaska | Registered: April 29, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by inspcalahan:
I'm running the Diamond D setup - it works with a RDS mounted and has an extra mag pouch on the cross strap.

In fact, I have this holster system for that G40, a Sig P220 10mm, a S&W N frame and my S&W 460.

I've heard great things about the kydex Kenai rigs too.

Mind posting a photo of it with the G40 RMR in it?

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
one nice thing about the DD guides choice , is that the side strap has a fastex on it and a nylon strap. So it adjusts perfectly and can be tightened to clamp around you rather than just hang on you. Also can be put over any coat without having to adjust buckles. Very comfy and can be work several different ways if you choose.

I have one for my 3 inch 629 and it also works with my 2 3/4 inch M 69

Posts: 58 | Registered: October 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Velvet Voicebox
posted Hide Post
Appreciate all the options guys.

--Sir Winston Churchill

--James Earl Jones