SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Milt Sparks Gear for S&W N-Frames
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Milt Sparks Gear for S&W N-Frames Login/Join 
Each post crafted from
rich Corinthian leather
Picture of TheFrontRange
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by andronicus:
They make such magnificent stuff. I now want a 3 1/2 barreled 27 just from seeing those pics.

I hear you on that - once I got one, it became a favorite!

"The sea was angry that day, my friends - like an old man trying to send back soup in a deli." - George Costanza

Posts: 6693 | Registered: September 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diablo Blanco
Picture of dking271
posted Hide Post
Two of seven holsters received from Milt Sparks yesterday. These are both cordovan w/ shark trim and holding two Ed Brown Executive Elites. Done in the old Roadrunner style. I’ve been ordering from them for 30 years and just a few days ago found one of their catalogs from 1991.

[IMG:left] B032F140-A191-4F0C-A1B4-037914209E02 by David King, on Flickr[/IMG]

[IMG:left] 94EC8C2F-C213-41F1-8B9A-048AE389AFE4 by David King, on Flickr[/IMG]

[IMG:left] CB00F6AB-3440-4F63-AA2B-393ACC69113D by David King, on Flickr[/IMG]

Posts: 2950 | Location: Middle-TN | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Each post crafted from
rich Corinthian leather
Picture of TheFrontRange
posted Hide Post
^^^ Oh, heck, yeah on those Roadrunners! Love ‘em and I enjoy the vintage literature, too!

"The sea was angry that day, my friends - like an old man trying to send back soup in a deli." - George Costanza

Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
Sparks does do great work. I need something for a 3" model 66, and that Avenger would be a good choice.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53121 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pulicords
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:
Sparks does do great work. I need something for a 3" model 66, and that Avenger would be a good choice.

I'm not sure what you mean by the "Avenger" (Bianchi's "Askin's Avenger" maybe?), but the Milt Sparks' PMK or (my favorite) an Axiom would be a great OWB CCW choice for a K-frame 3"!

https://www.miltsparks.com/outside-the-waistband/pmk/

https://www.miltsparks.com/out...the-waistband/axiom/

I just ordered one of their Summer Special holsters for a Model 640-1 Pro Series .357. Not sure if you'd want to go IWB for a K-frame (personally I wouldn't), but they work well with the J-frame revolvers.

"I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Posts: 10194 | Location: The Free State of Arizona | Registered: June 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diablo Blanco
Picture of dking271
posted Hide Post
I have a PMK and a VMII for a 3” S&W CS-1. I’ll try to dig them up and take some pics over the weekend.

Posts: 2950 | Location: Middle-TN | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pulicords:
quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:

I'm not sure what you mean by the "Avenger" (Bianchi's "Askin's Avenger" maybe?), but the Milt Sparks' PMK or (my favorite) an Axiom would be a great OWB CCW choice for a K-frame 3"!

https://www.miltsparks.com/outside-the-waistband/pmk/

https://www.miltsparks.com/out...the-waistband/axiom/

I just ordered one of their Summer Special holsters for a Model 640-1 Pro Series .357. Not sure if you'd want to go IWB for a K-frame (personally I wouldn't), but they work well with the J-frame revolvers.

I meant something like the PMK - I called it the wrong name.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53121 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by YooperSigs:
Gorgeous stuff. Blue steel and leather! I have been trolling EBay for vintage Bianchi Hank Sloan holsters but have not found one I thought would fit My GP-100.

You could always buy the holster first then find the gun to fit it then buy that too

Posts: 3287 | Location: Finally free in AZ! | Registered: February 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Each post crafted from
rich Corinthian leather
Picture of TheFrontRange
posted Hide Post
Indeed, I think the PMK would be a fine choice for a 3-inch K-frame. Be advised that is a little lower-riding; covering-garment length could be a factor. For me, an untucked shirt gets the job done for the 3-1/2” N-frame, and I’ve worn a sport coat with no issue.

I do prefer IWB holsters when possible, such as these from the fine folks at Barranti. This is their Summer Classic model, obviously their take on the Summer Special design. I like how the Summer Classic positions the gun comparatively high and is adjustable for my preferred forward-cant.

Each post crafted from
rich Corinthian leather
Picture of TheFrontRange
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by captain127:

You could always buy the holster first then find the gun to fit it then buy that too

As a gunleather addict, I have alllllmost done exactly this haha…Smile

Each post crafted from
rich Corinthian leather
Picture of TheFrontRange
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dking271:
I have a PMK and a VMII for a 3” S&W CS-1. I’ll try to dig them up and take some pics over the weekend.

I’m looking forward to the pics, especially von the VMII.

Diablo Blanco
Picture of dking271
posted Hide Post
While not a Milt Sparks, my favorite OWB revolver holster is from R. Grizzle. Coincidentally, I have a pretty good size order in process with Ryan and Kay with some special non-catalog holsters. They are a class act and took a lot of time with me discussing what I wanted and how they could accommodate my wishes. Here is a holster they made for my 2.5” P&R S&W model 66.

[IMG:left] F41DD659-158E-4FDC-A504-570EE6E13DBE by David King, on Flickr[/IMG]

Each post crafted from
rich Corinthian leather
Picture of TheFrontRange
posted Hide Post
^^^ That looks great!

Diablo Blanco
Picture of dking271
posted Hide Post
So not to hijack the OP thread, I’m going to start a new thread with some other Milt Sparks holsters along with a few other custom leather shops.

New Milt Sparks pictures

DK

This message has been edited. Last edited by: dking271,