SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Milt Sparks Gear for S&W N-Frames
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Milt Sparks Gear for S&W N-Frames Login/Join 
Each post crafted from
rich Corinthian leather
Picture of TheFrontRange
posted
For a couple of years now I’ve been on a “revolver renaissance” of sorts and, along the way, my affinity for gunleather has followed right along.

Shown is some recent leather from the folks at Idaho’s Milt Sparks: a PMK sized for a 3-1/2-inch Model 27, a 200AW Hank Sloan-style holster for a 5-inch 27, a pair of 6-4C speed-strip pouches (made in the same vein as their popular S-4C magazine pouch), and (just for kicks) a magazine pouch for a Colt-style 9mm AR magazine (styled after their #17 magazine pouch).

The PMK is concealment-oriented with its “Avenger” styling. The 200AW is more of a field rig but, with the right garment, can be concealed thanks to its comparatively high-ride.

I have IWB holsters from Barranti Leather for all of my N-Frames that offer exceptional concealment, but I’d felt a need for some good OWB leather, too, and Sparks really delivered.

Items from a couple of other folks are also sprinkled-in to some of the shots: a 6-Pack Triple Deuce 2x2x2 ammo pouch from Barranti, a fixed-blade knife from Kistner Knives, a gunbelt from Relentless Tactical, and a Skeeter Skelton hat also from Barranti.

As a side-note, you’ll notice the paw-print marks on the gunleather. The humans at Milt Sparks are overseen by faithful shop-dog, Badger, whose exploits are chronicled on his own social media page. On-request and at no extra charge, Badger will brand your gunleather with his seal of approval.

"The sea was angry that day, my friends - like an old man trying to send back soup in a deli." - George Costanza

Posts: 6687 | Registered: September 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pulicords
posted Hide Post
Great holsters and accessories! I love Milt Sparks leather and have carried my CCWs using his products (long after Milt passed away) since the 1970's. A few years ago, I had this 200AW made for my 4" barreled S&W Model 24-3, using "Distressed" leather. Kinda different and I like how it turned out.

"I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Posts: 10187 | Location: The Free State of Arizona | Registered: June 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Each post crafted from
rich Corinthian leather
Picture of TheFrontRange
posted Hide Post
^^^ Thank you and, man, that 200AW looks great!

"The sea was angry that day, my friends - like an old man trying to send back soup in a deli." - George Costanza

posted Hide Post
Gorgeous stuff. Blue steel and leather! I have been trolling EBay for vintage Bianchi Hank Sloan holsters but have not found one I thought would fit My GP-100.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 15987 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Each post crafted from
rich Corinthian leather
Picture of TheFrontRange
posted Hide Post
^^^ Thank you and good luck on the holster search - eBay can yield some mighty good stuff sometimes!

Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
Very nice as always, both the revolvers and the leather!

Posts: 8377 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Each post crafted from
rich Corinthian leather
Picture of TheFrontRange
posted Hide Post
^^^ Hey, many thanks, man!

Inject yourself!
posted Hide Post
Very nice! I have a few Milt Sparks and the last ones were signed by Badger. One even had paw prints drawn on the inside box flap.

Do not send me to a heaven where there are no dogs.
Step Up or Stand Aside: Support the Troops !
Expectations are premeditated disappointments.

Posts: 8336 | Location: West | Registered: November 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tupperware Dr.
Picture of GCE61
posted Hide Post
Some awesome leather guys, great post!!!

Posts: 3536 | Registered: December 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Each post crafted from
rich Corinthian leather
Picture of TheFrontRange
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Riley:
Very nice! I have a few Milt Sparks and the last ones were signed by Badger. One even had paw prints drawn on the inside box flap.

Thank you and now that you mention it, the box these came in also had hand-drawn prints on it haha! Smile

Each post crafted from
rich Corinthian leather
Picture of TheFrontRange
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GCE61:
Some awesome leather guys, great post!!!

Thank you and I, too, am lovin’ Pulicord’s distressed leather 200AW. It’s got my wheels turning for a future order for sure haha…

Diablo Blanco
Picture of dking271
posted Hide Post
I’ve got a rather large order on it’s way from Milt Sparks in the next week. I’ve been using their holster for over 30 years. A couple of the holsters on the way are non-catalogued and I’m super excited to get my hands on them.

Posts: 2928 | Location: Middle-TN | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Each post crafted from
rich Corinthian leather
Picture of TheFrontRange
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dking271:
I’ve got a rather large order on it’s way from Milt Sparks in the next week. I’ve been using their holster for over 30 years. A couple of the holsters on the way are non-catalogued and I’m super excited to get my hands on them.

Ugh, the ANTICIPATION of the arrival of the Milt Sparks order is a real thing, isn’t it?! I was trying to calculate the weeks when I finally saw the charge come through on my card and knew I was only days away haha…

Please share when your box of gunleather goodness arrives!

I really like that Sparks is often willing to stretch a bit off the catalog and / or make stuff they used to catalog (such as the Roadrunner holster, or “old-style 60TK as they officially refer to it), my hands-down favorite OWB to-date:

Not One of
the Cool Kids
Picture of enidpd804
posted Hide Post

Posts: 3911 | Location: OK | Registered: August 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Each post crafted from
rich Corinthian leather
Picture of TheFrontRange
posted Hide Post
^^^ Thank you!

posted Hide Post
Beautiful holsters in this thread. I'm also a big fan, and accidental collector, of Sparks and Barranti leather. Top of the food chain in that department.

Ignem Feram

Posts: 528 | Registered: October 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Each post crafted from
rich Corinthian leather
Picture of TheFrontRange
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mlazarus:
I'm also a big fan, and accidental collector, of Sparks and Barranti leather. Top of the food chain in that department.

I so agree!

posted Hide Post
Great holsters. I wish they didn’t take six months. Good things come to those who wait.

Posts: 1541 | Registered: October 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Each post crafted from
rich Corinthian leather
Picture of TheFrontRange
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Marlin Fan:
Great holsters. I wish they didn’t take six months. Good things come to those who wait.

I was SO glad when this shipment finally started the trek from Idaho haha! Smile

posted Hide Post
They make such magnificent stuff. I now want a 3 1/2 barreled 27 just from seeing those pics.

Posts: 4648 | Location: Middletown, PA | Registered: January 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post