SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Weapon mounted light on carry pistol?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Weapon mounted light on carry pistol? Login/Join 
Where there's smoke,
there's fire!!
Picture of techguy
posted
Do you guys carry a light on your daily carry pistol?

Posts: 1773 | Location: Kentucky | Registered: February 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Failing to prepare is
preparing to fail.
Picture of SigLaw
posted Hide Post
If I am going to be in a dark venue or it is night, I have a dedicated carry gun with a light mounted. For daylight carry, I have a different carry gun without a light.

Posts: 1359 | Location: Gilbert, AZ | Registered: November 08, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
depends on the gun.
my 43x and p365, i don't. I did have one on my 43X but took it off.
my other guns, usually 19 size all have a tlr-7a. my work gun has the tlr-7a as well.

whatever you decide, train with it.
it's a weapon mounted light. it is NOT A FLASHLIGHT.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 8021 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
I do. I have a TLR-7 on my Beretta 92x compact. It’s the same pistol I use for HD. I wish more companies made holsters for guns with lights but I found one I like after some searching.

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15256 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a light on my nightstand pistol. No light on my carry pistol but I always have a high power handheld light on me.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16096 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
Nope.
I always carry a flashlight.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25426 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by techguy:
Do you guys carry a light on your daily carry pistol?

Do not.

Q

Posts: 26403 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Short answer: no. I've tried a TLR-1 in the past but it was way too big on the G19 I was carrying at the time.

Long answer: I do EDC a handheld flashlight, either a Surefire Stiletto or a Streamlight Wedge. Can't decide which is the better all-around at this point as both have their faults.

The Stiletto works better at supporting a weapon because of its secondary tail switch, but its primary on/off switch on the body is poorly located and can easily be inadvertently turned on when the light is clipped to my front jeans pocket. Big annoyance.

The Wedge works great as an EDC light, but lacks the rear tail switch so usability as a weapon support torch suffers. Like its alloy shell (the Surefire's is plastic) and its rotary switch that doesn't turn the light on at every body movement.

-MG

Posts: 1993 | Location: The commie, rainy side of WA | Registered: April 19, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Delta-3
posted Hide Post
I do not. I do have hand held flashlights that I use if needed.

Rom 13:4 If you do evil, be afraid. For he does not bear the sword in vain. For he is God's minister, an avenger to execute wrath on him who practices evil.

Posts: 706 | Location: NW Ohio but Montana is always home. | Registered: September 30, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
I personally don't think it is a good idea but more than once here it has been explained to me that it is perfectly safe to have a light on your defensive weapon with proper training.... and in reality I can't argue against that... but, how many average gun owners have the time and resources for that proper training?

So, I'll stick with the flashlight as a light backup.

Strapping even one of the new small plastic pistols to your person every day is enough of a burden... putting a light on it just seems like it would cause more potential issues.

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pale Horse:
I do. I have a TLR-7 on my Beretta 92x compact. It’s the same pistol I use for HD. I wish more companies made holsters for guns with lights but I found one I like after some searching.

Curious what holster you found. I have a 92x Compact and I've considered doing something similar with a TLR-7A.

At work, I have a full-size P320 with a TLR-1, plus two handhelds (Streamlight Strion DS and a Polytac X), and a Protac HL-5X in my car (that sucker is brighter with better throw than the LED spotlight on my car!). That's not a package that's conducive to concealed carry.

Off duty, I always have a Streamlight micro USB clipped to my pocket. It's nowhere near as bright as my other lights, but it's easy to take anywhere in any wardrobe, and provides ample illumination for my needs when I'm not out actively hunting people in the dark. I typically carry smaller guns without lights on my own time, but I have enough options available to me that I've considered setting one up with a WML for those situations where it might be useful, and the 92X Compact would be a good candidate for that role with the right holster.

Posts: 8573 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 92fstech

Here’s what I got: https://legacyfirearmsco.com/l...ring-ares-iwb/

So far I like it quite a bit but I haven’t had it long. I got mine with both the concealment claw and the wedge, and then immediately removed them both. Some people might like them but they are not for me.

It took about 6 weeks to get.

ETA: I don’t know why I can’t get the link to work correctly, but it’s the Ares light bearing model on that site.

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15256 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
No. I keep my compact carry guns as svelte as possible.

Posts: 10849 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
It depends.

On my P365, I do not.

But on other guns I do, either a P320C with TLR-7A or a G19 with TLR-1HL.

Regardless of whether or not the handgun has a WML, I always have a separate handheld flashlight.

Posts: 32515 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Usually.

The carry rotation right now is a G34 with X300 Turbo, G19 with TLR-7A, Staccato P with X300 Turbo, Staccato C2 with TLR-7A, G43X, and P365X.

Lights on everything that isn't a micro compact. X300 holster is a Tier 1 Concealed MSP Pro Series and TLR-7A holsters are Tenicor Sagax Lux.

ALWAYS have a handheld light.

Posts: 5164 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I do and I think its a good idea but I also have the training. Please remember that its a fighting light not a searchlight. Anything you illuminate, you are muzzling, including your family while you search your house etc. It does not replace a handheld, it simply augments your abilities in inclement light.

Posts: 3044 | Location: Pnw | Registered: March 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I’ve carried with and without.

My carry preference is without because I do not get in a whole lot of light training while shooting.

Posts: 874 | Location: NE Pennsylvania | Registered: December 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serenity now!
posted Hide Post
I do on the G19 and G17.. however not on the G26. Either way, I always have a 'tactical' handheld with me.

------------------------------------------------

9/11/01 Never Forget

"In valor there is hope" - Tacitus

Posts: 2675 | Location: VA | Registered: April 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I only occasionally EDC but when I do, I have no plans to carry a light. In most cases you should have enough ambient light to see your target, and I am having trouble envisioning a scenario where I am going to be shooting in the dark.
I think a lot of people get in the mall-ninja mentality when in fact most shooting cases occur with plenty of ambient light. If you don't believe me, read some "Armed Citizen" stories in the monthly American Rifleman from the NRA. It's not like TV or Gunsite Academy.
Just my two cents.

Posts: 17 | Registered: February 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My daily driver P365, no. I did however just put a TLR-8AG on my G19 for occasional use and nightstand duty.

Posts: 1702 | Registered: November 07, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post