SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    SIG P226 X5
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

SIG P226 X5 Login/Join 
posted
I have a 226 X5 that I bought awhile back. Serial # is U854 XXX. Anyone have a good link for info on manufacture date? I’ve looked everywhere on this forum and have found very few references to the X5 or X6’s. They are kinda rare and off the beaten path for competition guns but I really like the gun……even used it to win an Action Pistol match once upon a time. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Posts: 4 | Registered: November 06, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Serial # is U854 XXX

This would be in the range of June to October 2009, and it doesn't matter if it's a Xgun or not. Btw, this German made/proofed gun should have the 2-letter date code on the hidden side of the barrel hood. Should be AK.

Welcome to SF.

Q

Posts: 26390 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I’ll check that out. Thanks for the info. ‘09 sounds about right for when I bought it. And it is German-made. It has the “DE” proof-mark just above the serial #.

posted Hide Post
Checked it out. AK was on the reverse side of the barrel hood, as you said. Definitely an ‘09. Thanks again for the info. You learn something new every day.

Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by FortCourageArmory:
I’ll check that out. Thanks for the info. ‘09 sounds about right for when I bought it. And it is German-made. It has the “DE” proof-mark just above the serial #.

"DE" is NOT proof mark. It is abbreviation for Deutschland, which is Germany. The proof marks are (1) the bug look alike symbol, which is the symbol of the Kiel proof house, and (2) the eagle over the N, which signifies that the gun passed the definitive nitro proof testing.

Here is the barrel of my former X6 L1, with the BC date code (for year 2012).

Q

Posts: 26390 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post