SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Joe Rogan shoots Taran's Pit Viper used in John Wick 4
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Joe Rogan shoots Taran's Pit Viper used in John Wick 4 Login/Join 
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted

Posts: 18078 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
That's right, son... Step right up and you can have your very own Pit Viper today, all for the low low price of sixty nine ninety nine!

No, kid... Not $69.99.

$6,999

Posts: 32525 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bolt Thrower
Picture of Voshterkoff
posted Hide Post
The precious doesn’t come cheap!

Posts: 9974 | Location: Woodinville, WA | Registered: March 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blackwater
posted Hide Post
Rogan can afford it.

Joe

Posts: 2525 | Location: Az | Registered: October 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
I know someone with a ported P229R who gets similar results. Wink

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16368 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Blackwater:
Rogan can afford it.

Funny thing is, I just watched a Rogan clip earlier today in which he challenges a watch collector about how expensive watches don't tell time any better than a cheaper watch, and everything beyond a certain price point is all just a gimmick/status symbol/complication-for-the-sake-of-complication, rather than a performance improvement.

Posts: 32525 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Music's over turn
out the lights
Picture of David W
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
quote:
Rogan can afford it.

Funny thing is, I just watched a Rogan clip earlier today in which he challenges a watch collector about how expensive watches don't tell time any better than a cheaper watch, and everything beyond a certain price point is all just a gimmick/status symbol/complication-for-the-sake-of-complication, rather than a performance improvement.

With all that said, I was listening one day and he gifted a $10K omega speed master to a guest. He is practical but he has good taste/money to spend if he wants.

David W.

Rather fail with honor than succeed by fraud. -Sophocles

Posts: 3644 | Location: Winston Salem, N.C. | Registered: May 30, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
ANY product is one of diminishing returns.

Is an S class a better car than a Civic? Absolutely but do both get you from point A to B the same? Yes. The S class is for people who appreciate other things.

Is an Ed Brown a better weapon than a Glock? Absolutely not but it is a piece of kinetic art that can be appreciated beyond it being a “weapon”.

I am sure the Pit Viper is amazing to both shoot and just experience and if folks have the money and the ability to appreciate both the tangible benefits and the intangible “art” of it they will be very happy.

I’d imagine a top tier competitor could eke out some extra performance but would imagine something like a Shadow or TSO would be more than enough gun for most folks.

A lot of owning ANY item comes down to whether or not you view it as simply a tool or something more. Cars, watches, knives and guns are absolutely items that can easily pull on a persons emotions beyond being a tool.

Purely aesthetically Taran’s stuff never did it for me.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7685 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Rogan can afford it.

IT IS!

However, CSLINGER is correct as well-
"A lot of owning ANY item comes down to whether or not you view it as simply a tool or something more."

Granted, there are certain upgrades or enhancements that one can make to a Car, Gun, Boat, that will make it run better.
You can spend more money (What's the saying "cry once...") on something that already "runs better" off the shelf.

Then there's a point where you're just wasting money, or getting fleeced by a salesman.

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8354 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm just happy to know Rogan
shoots a bit.

That's good to see.

Posts: 462 | Location: Illinois | Registered: June 13, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I can't see spending that but many people will. I had a pseudo TTI Glock 34-complete TTI slide and barrel and stippled the lower myself and it looked just like the TTI model. I put a few hundred rounds through it and then I sold it not long ago and made a little more than I paid for everything. As long as they keep making movies, people will pay the money for items.

Posts: 6891 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I can't tell if I'm
tired, or just lazy
Picture of ggile
posted Hide Post
Looks like ol'Joe is a decent shot....

"The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living."

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety"
Benjamin Franklin

Posts: 2091 | Location: South Dakota-pheasant country | Registered: June 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SIGfourme
posted Hide Post
I’m sticking with the original Wick Stick— HK P30L.

Posts: 2304 | Location: Southeast CT | Registered: January 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Is an S class a better car than a Civic? Absolutely

Well until something breaks.

-MG

Posts: 2001 | Location: The commie, rainy side of WA | Registered: April 19, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by monoblok:
quote:
Is an S class a better car than a Civic? Absolutely

Well until something breaks.

Meh. If you can afford the S class you can afford to pay to play. Smile. But yes I do agree. Smile

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7685 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of iron chef
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SIGfourme:
I’m sticking with the original Wick Stick— HK P30L.

I prefer Wick's choice of firearms in the first movie: P30L & G26 were the ones used most.

With each successive movie, his weapon choices become more Gucci. They're practically commercials for TTI now. It takes away from John's reputation & characterization that he's all business.

Posts: 3186 | Location: Texas | Registered: June 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Same here. The first movie inspired me to buy the P30L.

Posts: 74 | Registered: February 05, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
Pit Viper soon to be CA legal?

CA handgun roster struck down

Posts: 18078 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
That's right, son... Step right up and you can have your very own Pit Viper today, all for the low low price of sixty nine ninety nine!

No, kid... Not $69.99.

$6,999

Thanks. Hate it when those decimal points start floating around. No problem though. I've got the money in the bank and Janet Yellen says the bank collapses are now "stabilizing". Wonder if Taran gives a volume discount? Roll Eyes

Seriously though, I don't begrudge how somebody else spends their own money. Free country.

Posts: 4670 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: June 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SIGForum Official Hand Model
Picture of ThankGod4Sig
posted Hide Post
Never seen a joe Rogen video or a John wick video. I guess I’m not missing much.

"da evil Count Glockula."-Para

Posts: 7904 | Location: C-bus, Ohio | Registered: December 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post