SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Do you carry a .45?
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Do you carry a .45? Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Next time i cross the border, might try my Boberg .45...Have the NH non-resident license.

Posts: 30 | Location: Grande Prairie, Alberta, Canada | Registered: February 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Gents,

My much carried SS Commander has gotten me out of one very tough situation (no shots fired) and has stood the test of time. Here's a pic for your edification:

Preferred load is Federal 230 gr. JHP (.45D).

Wes

Posts: 2427 | Location: Salem, OR | Registered: May 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Quiet Man
posted Hide Post
I carry a 1911 a fair bit of the time when I'm not working. I've been carrying a USP 45 quite a bit lately and have a lightly worked over 220 that gets carried on occasion as well.

Most of my carry guns are 9mm, but there is just something satisfying about that big slow hunk of lead.

Posts: 2593 | Registered: November 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I just bought a 30S with a nicer aftermarket trigger system and quality night sights (so the seller said) at a very fair price. USPS has diddled around again and it's finally left Wichita and may get here tomorrow, though I won't hold my breath.

I carried Commander and full sized 1911s many years ago and thought I'd see if I like this one (had a 30SF but not impressed and the 21 is waaay too big for concealed carry for me).

I've got extra mags, ammo and a new IWB holster, just waiting on the gun.

My criteria is simple, it's gotta conceal itself in shorts and a T-shirt. If not, it may become a house gun-we'll just have to see.

Bob

Posts: 1575 | Location: TampaBay | Registered: May 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I often carry a Les Baer Commander in 45acp. Its one of the most accurate handguns I have ever shot

"Dyin ain't much of a livin...boy"

Posts: 318 | Location: West (By GOD) Virginia | Registered: November 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by straightshooter1:

My criteria is simple, it's gotta conceal itself in shorts and a T-shirt. If not, it may become a house gun-we'll just have to see.

Bob
The 30s is close in size to a Glock 19 with close to the same width slide. The frame is the same width as any other G30.

I've carried my 30s and it carries great in an IWB kydex holster and a quality belt. I've found myself carrying a G29g4 these days with a 15 rd reload or two over a 45acp. I find that I shoot the 10mm Glocks pretty well and like the extra oomph.

Posts: 714 | Location: FL | Registered: July 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I carried a Colt 1911 Commander I originally bought in 1966. It had been through a lot of travels with me while in the military, and in civilian life also. It has been shot loose and rebuilt several times. STILL one of my favorite guns.

But nowadays I carry a 220 SAS mostly, with occasional use of a 229 in .357 Sig. Part of my problem is that I don’t seem to shoot double stack nearly as well as single stacks. Don’t really know why. I have large hands, so one would have thought the doubles would be right up my alley. I have a 220 Elite but somehow I like the SAS better. I also have a 227 SAS but don’t carry that either.

Since I generally carry in a ahoulder holster on those occasions where I need something smaller, I carry a 365XL with RZero in an Enigma holster.

Posts: 75 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: August 30, 2023Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Back, and
to the left
Picture of 83v45magna
posted Hide Post
Yes, sometimes. Especially in winter

Also carry .40 some. Mostly in winter too.

Posts: 7260 | Location: Dallas | Registered: August 04, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wrightd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Weshowe:
Gents,

My much carried SS Commander has gotten me out of one very tough situation (no shots fired) and has stood the test of time. Here's a pic for your edification:

Preferred load is Federal 230 gr. JHP (.45D).

Wes

I'd say that qualifies as a KEEPER.

Lover of the US Constitution
Wile E. Coyote School of DIY Disaster

Posts: 8685 | Location: Nowhere the constitution is not honored | Registered: February 01, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yep, I still like a .45 duty sized gun in an OWB holster for carry...Here's my Sig RCS...all the features needed for real world defensive carry without the mall ninja nor competition related gismos.

It features: melted slide and frame edges, Novak type night sights, checkered fore and aft grip, and usable controls. With a match grade bbl. and trigger that's at least as good as my tricked out Colts, it's my #1 choice for serious carry. Here it is in one of my high ride holsters. YMMv Rod

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Rodfac,

5th Spl Forces, Air Force Bird Dog FAC, lll Corps RVN 69-70.... We enjoy the Bill of Rights by the sacrifices of our veterans;
Politicians, Preachers, Educators, Journalists and Community Organizers are beneficiaries, not defenders of our freedoms.

Posts: 728 | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of policetruck
posted Hide Post
Why yes I do! This is the first gun I ever bought and still carry it 99% of the time, a 1995 dated H&K USP .45 full-size. I added the grip tape, threaded barrel, LEM trigger, mag release, Trijicon HDs, and then milled it for the RMR (all slowly over 18 years or so).

www.landwarfare.net
Veteran owned 07 FFL/ 02 SOT
LandWarfareNow@gmail.com
Instagram @land.warfare

Posts: 1198 | Location: Va | Registered: July 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Carry Kimber Ultra Raptor in .45 at all times IWB appendix carry. Duty weapon, until I retired, was SIG P220.

Posts: 265 | Location: Weatherford, TX | Registered: April 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Though I have various options in 45 ACP to include the CZ97, Colt GM, S&W 645 and several S&W revolvers for carry I’d opt for my Star PD.

Posts: 91 | Location: SW VA | Registered: January 25, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post