SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Do you carry a .45?
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Do you carry a .45? Login/Join 
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
Yup. Big Grin

My "go to" is a Dan Wesson CCO in 45ACP. My BUG is a Sig P238 in 380 as shown here.

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16223 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If not carrying my 239 in 357 (or my 239 in 9), I carry my 245. Though as 92sftech has pointed out with his photo, perhaps I should show some love to one of my 229s.

Posts: 1628 | Location: Raleigh, NC | Registered: March 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
once in a while I may carry a P220 or a Colt Commander,

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10423 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Expert308
posted Hide Post
Dan Wesson Guardian.

Posts: 7268 | Location: Idaho | Registered: February 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Glock 30 Gen3 bone-stock w/spare G21 magazine.

Posts: 280 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: September 09, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I carry a SIG P220 from time to time. Mostly I carry my GLOCK 22 .40S&W, and to a lesser extent GLOCK 17 9X19mm.

When more discretion is called for, the GLOCK 27 .40S&W, HK P7, or SIG P6 is called on.

When I carry my SIG P220, I have 3+1 magazines for 32 rounds, so I don't feel like I'm at a disadvantage in firepower. Plus it's one of my most accurate pistols that I own, and I shoot it well.

ARman

Posts: 3153 | Registered: May 19, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
P220 Carry from time to time

Posts: 13813 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Busier than a cat covering
crap on a marble floor
Picture of Z06
posted Hide Post

Posts: 4031 | Location: AZ | Registered: July 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I’ve been carrying a Wilson Compact CQB for a lot of years now. It’s a bit heavy, but it does wear well in a Sparks IWB and a spare 8 rd. Mag. When I need something smaller, it’s usually a S&W CST.

Posts: 84 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: March 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
Not me. The weather most of the year is too hot to carry a larger/heavier gun due to clothing choices.

Curious to see the regional differences. If it's winter and you are up north, I can see carrying a larger gun due to clothing being able to conceal better. But we don't have much of a winter here, might last a month if that.

Posts: 13118 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Pocket carry Springfield xds.

Posts: 69 | Location: Northeast, OH | Registered: October 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I carry a S&W 645. Kinda heavy due to the stainless steel. So sometimes I carry a Colt Government .380 Recently bought my first 1911A1 when the CMP started selling them. Now my wife and I have 3 of those.

Posts: 462 | Location: Greenfield, IN | Registered: December 29, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knows too little
about too much
Picture of rduckwor
posted Hide Post
Commander length 1911. Dan Wesson CBOB. All steel, its heavy, but it gets the job done.

RMD

TL Davis: “The Second Amendment is special, not because it protects guns, but because its violation signals a government with the intention to oppress its people…”
Remember: After the first one, the rest are free.

Posts: 20321 | Location: L.A. - Lower Alabama | Registered: April 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Pizza Bob
posted Hide Post
S&W 325 PD...

Adios,

Pizza Bob

NRA Benefactor Member

Posts: 1450 | Location: Central NJ | Registered: January 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
P245 with couple 8-round P220 magazines, using X-Grip adapters, so a total of 17 rounds of .45 ACP carried.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30679 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have always thought of my HK USP full size 45 pistols as being king of the heap of 45 semi auto pistols.

What is that old joke -- guys like to talk 45, shoot a9 mm, and carry a 38.

Posts: 186 | Registered: September 19, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pizza Bob:
S&W 325 PD...

Adios,

Pizza Bob

Yeah, that's awesome. Would be absolutely perfect in .45 Colt!

Posts: 8573 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
P-220 and in warmer weather my Glock 30S

Posts: 153 | Registered: December 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of NorfolkP229
posted Hide Post
HK USPc 45 is routinely in my rotation. Was an all seasons gun, but now carry a P30sk in summer. That will probably soon change to a P365.

---------------
Jeffrey

P365 - GGI P220ST 10mm - Sig Mosquito - Various Others

"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not. " - Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 7897 | Location: WNC Native, now in Virginia Beach, VA | Registered: August 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
P245, P227,Compact S&W .45.

Posts: 7020 | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post