SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    P226 X-Five Allround Supermatch Skeleton - Why?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P226 X-Five Allround Supermatch Skeleton - Why? Login/Join 
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BigSwede:
Beautiful!

How does one go about obtaining a new XFive? Is there a lottery? Is MMBI the importer?

Plenty of them on GB. MMBI is one of the major importers.

quote:
Originally posted by Blue Dog:
Very nice Q. What made you pick the DA/SA over the SOA. Are you going to send to Robert for action job or leave as is and shoot the hell out of it.

I already have the SAO Skeleton.
Shooting the Allround as is is fun, but Robert will make it better. I'll probably will get it to him eventually.

Q

Posts: 26424 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I swear I had
something for this
posted Hide Post
How’s the build quality compared to a custom 1911 in the same price range?

Posts: 4198 | Location: Kansas City, MO | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DanH:
How’s the build quality compared to a custom 1911 in the same price range?

Can't compare, since I don't do 1911, and the last 1911 I owned was just an old stock production Colt that was nothing special.

Q

Posts: 26424 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lead slingin'
Parrot Head
Picture of Modern Day Savage
posted Hide Post
I'm realistic enough to know that I'll never own a masterpiece from an artist like Monet, and yet I can still admire one... that is how I feel when I see a masterpiece like this. Magnificent!

Q, your first few benched groups seemed ever so slightly drifted right, but in later pics the groups seemed to center up nicely...did you make a sight adjustment, alter your POA slightly, or is this just a result of the different ammo types?

I've seen this before, but noticing it again now in your pics this seems to be a good place to ask this question...what is the purpose of the hole in the bottom of the trigger guard? Tool access for an adjustable trigger?

Just a couple casual observations;

- Having never owned any of these exotic imports, it is interesting to see SIG's markings, fonts, and SN evolve...although, if any SIG has departed far enough from the original production design to earn a unique rollmark or laser engraved font or SN it would certainly be the German Master Shop X series.

- Interesting to see that the German Mastershop chose a rather standard plain black front sight for this X5, although it is obviously effective enough to produce the impressive results evidenced by the targets.

quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
quote:
Originally posted by Excam_Man:
What up with the silver pin under the takedown lever?

It's to prevent any upward movement of the TDL.
I knew I should have included this pic. Big Grin

How does this stop pin work when removing the TDL? Is there some sort of clearance allowed by the Sport TDL to allow for upward rotation...or does that pin somehow push into the frame?

Posts: 7324 | Location: the Centennial state | Registered: August 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Modern Day Savage:
Q, your first few benched groups seemed ever so slightly drifted right, but in later pics the groups seemed to center up nicely...did you make a sight adjustment, alter your POA slightly, or is this just a result of the different ammo types?

That was exactly it. I had to make 2 clicks to pull them to the left.

quote:
I've seen this before, but noticing it again now in your pics this seems to be a good place to ask this question...what is the purpose of the hole in the bottom of the trigger guard? Tool access for an adjustable trigger?

It's where you insert the Allen wrench to adjust the trigger weight (for guns with adjustable SAO triggers). The Allround is DA/SA nonadjustable, however. The X gun frames are all pre-drilled like that.
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
quote:
Originally posted by Excam_Man:
What up with the silver pin under the takedown lever?

It's to prevent any upward movement of the TDL.
I knew I should have included this pic. Big Grin

How does this stop pin work when removing the TDL? Is there some sort of clearance allowed by the Sport TDL to allow for upward rotation...or does that pin somehow push into the frame?

Great question. From the typical 6 o'clock of the TDL, you push on its axis on the right as you rotate counterclockwise that will give it enough clearance to pass over the stop pin.

Q

Lead slingin'
Parrot Head
Picture of Modern Day Savage
posted Hide Post
^^^^^
Thanks Q...always appreciate the education you share.

Posts: 7324 | Location: the Centennial state | Registered: August 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Q - Thank you for sharing the pictures and information.

PS - I'm still waiting for you to adopt me!

Posts: 466 | Location: suwanee, ga | Registered: January 01, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
^^^^^
Thanks Q...always appreciate the education you share.

Sorry, but I must correct myself regarding the hole at the bottom of the trigger guard. In my haste, my brain was thinking about the hole in the front of the trigger guard which serves the purpose discussed above, i.e., adjusting the trigger weight.

The hole at the bottom of the trigger guard that you were asking is for the Allen wrench adjustment of trigger over-travel, again on the adjustable SAO guns only.

Q

7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
12131, did you yet learn anything of those shapes, how they are made on the Facettes gun? My only guess is it must be a laser. There is no cutting tool that can do this. Didn't mean to stray away from the Black Knight as I love that pistol too.. Cool Also, do you know if the magazine funnels are stainless or aluminum?

Posts: 17903 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
^^^ David, yes, done by laser. And, the jet funnel is aluminum.

Q

7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
Think I'm going to email Ol' JP Sauer in Germany and ask why he never made a P229 X gun. I bet it would be a dandy. P229X4.. Cool

Posts: 17903 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Flying Sergeant
posted Hide Post
That’s a sweet pistol. Congrats

Posts: 1673 | Location: Waukesha,WI | Registered: December 19, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pulicords
posted Hide Post
Awesome!!! Love the PVD finish and cuts, but would prefer an SAO. Do they offer the same gun as an SAO?

"I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Posts: 10205 | Location: The Free State of Arizona | Registered: June 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Do they offer the same gun as an SAO?

Yes, the SAO X-Five Supermatch Skeleton Black. Cool

Q

Told cops where to go for over 29 years…
Picture of 911Boss
posted Hide Post
That is a beauty, but the SAO in black really speaks to me...

Must not google... stay strong... I don’t need it

What part of "...Shall not be infringed" don't you understand???

Posts: 10944 | Location: Western WA state for just a few more years... | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wow, that is a beautiful pistol. Congrats!!

p229Extreme/P226Tac-Ops/P226 Extreme/P226 SAO) P226 X-5 Blue Moon/P226 X-5 Black and White

Posts: 750 | Registered: March 16, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I swear I had
something for this
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 911Boss:

Let me give you the “cold shower,” the MSRP is $5,749 through MMBI Imports. If you’re lucky, the last Gunbroker auction they did sold for $3.5K. As much as I love Sig, there’s several Nighthawk 2011 Double Stacks in that price range for me.

Posts: 4198 | Location: Kansas City, MO | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Not sure if I like the look or if I detest it. Bipolar I know, but all of its slide milling reminds me of the tarted over 'Gucci' Glocks that I've come to hate and despise. One thing's for sure, at that price of admission I have zero desire to own one, even if it had a clean, KISS slide.

-MG

-MG

Posts: 2001 | Location: The commie, rainy side of WA | Registered: April 19, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pulicords
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DanH:
quote:
Originally posted by 911Boss:

Let me give you the “cold shower,” the MSRP is $5,749 through MMBI Imports. If you’re lucky, the last Gunbroker auction they did sold for $3.5K. As much as I love Sig, there’s several Nighthawk 2011 Double Stacks in that price range for me.

That's a big chunk of change, but $3.5K is a lot better than $5749.00!!! I'll have to watch for one. Wink

"I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Posts: 10205 | Location: The Free State of Arizona | Registered: June 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Flying Sergeant
posted Hide Post
Hey, I just came back to look at this thread again, and my mind has not changed since I last spoke, this is an amazingly cool gun. If I ever get a chance to pick one up, I will. It’s got to shoot like a dream. I don’t know if anyone’s told you this before, but you have neat stuff.

Posts: 1673 | Location: Waukesha,WI | Registered: December 19, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post