SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    S.A. XDs 3.3 45acp. Any thoughts from the forum.
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

S.A. XDs 3.3 45acp. Any thoughts from the forum. Login/Join 
posted
I was wondering if anyone here has any experience w/ the 3.3 XDs in .45? Good, bad, indifferent… I have been thinking about one. The new OSP version is an option as is the older version as well.

Thanks in advance.

Posts: 4019 | Registered: January 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I had the old version and found it to be a well made gun. Was a about as small as you could find for 45. I didn't shoot it much but don't remember ever malfunctioning. Was simplifying all my guns to 9mm and traded it off. The only complaint I ever had with the xds and my xdm was the that the grip texture ate into my hands.

Posts: 2750 | Registered: March 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I own one. Great little 45. Never had a problem with it.

Posts: 5731 | Location: Chicago | Registered: August 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Brother-in-law used to have & my boss currently has the 9mm version.
Great little pistol IMO. I was all set to pick up a 4" when the P320 pulled the rug from under it.

Haven't tried it in 45.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15130 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
A buddy has one, and it has been very reliable. It's a very compact carry piece for a .45, too. The XD line has never really done anything for me, but if I were to acquire one, the XDE (hammer-fired variant) in .45 would be the one I'd want.

Posts: 8377 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I had one up until about two years ago. It was accurate for short to mid ranges, always reliable and not unpleasant to shoot. I wouldn't want to put 100 rounds through at one session but I would typically run 50 or 60 without feeling punished. Took HP and FMJ equally well. I sold/traded it as it just didn't quite fit into my needs as a carry pistol. But it is a great gun for what it is.

Posts: 546 | Location: S Fla / Western NC High Country | Registered: May 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 92fstech:
A buddy has one, and it has been very reliable. It's a very compact carry piece for a .45, too.

Friend too has an XDs in 45acp and loves it. Said it has been ultra reliable.

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16139 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A cousin of mine has one and has had nothing but luck with it. He claims to have fired about 1000 rds through it and it's been reliable. After having fired a couple of mags through it, I can say that it definitely gets your attention when it goes off, probably due to the texture of the grip as has already been pointed out in this thread.

Posts: 2005 | Registered: March 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for all the info. I appreciate it.

Posts: 4019 | Registered: January 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a Mod 2 OSP model in 45acp. The fit and finish is typical Springfield high quality. I like the trigger better than my Hellcat. I did find the recoil is too much for my wrists that I broke years ago. I just ordered the P365-380 today. I joined this forum today and look forward to all of the good conversation.
By the way, I have the XDS listed for sale on some other forums.

Posts: 8 | Location: Central Oregon  | Registered: May 05, 2022Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have one in tu tone 45 cal no problems , I have a few friends who have them and shoot the crap out of them and never clean them , they like them and say no problems .

Posts: 936 | Registered: July 10, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bobandmikako
posted Hide Post
I had the old XDs .45 for several years and shot it quite a bit during the first year. I thought it was a well-built little gun. I never had any issues with it with any type of ammo. From the CCW perspective, it's thin but relatively heavy for its size. With 6 rounds, it weighed the same as my Glock 26 with 11 rounds.

十人十色

Posts: 2102 | Location: Semmes, Alabama | Registered: June 15, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Please ignore

Posts: 393 | Location: Florida Gulf Coast | Registered: October 17, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Stroonz:
I had the mod 2 which they don’t make any more and I put 175 rounds through it and I just felt no bond with it. Didn’t like the grip safety ……pinched the web of my hand twice. I ended up trading it on a 365/380 and I’m happy with my purchase and don’t regret trading the XDS.

Posts: 393 | Location: Florida Gulf Coast | Registered: October 17, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of neverfollow
posted Hide Post
I had 2 of them. Both ran flawlessly except with 1 box of cheap (hard primer) ammo. Only sold them because they never fit my grip right - even with Hogue grip sleeve. Good, accurate compact 45ACP.

Posts: 92 | Location: NC | Registered: March 21, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I had one in .45, hated it. For some reason it would chew up the guide rod where it rested against the lug of the barrel, not a big deal but weird. It was a known issue at the time. But in general I found it not that pleasant to shoot and not terribly accurate. It functioned just fine but for me it was too much for its size and the trade off in caliber for recoil/capacity wasn’t worth it.
I’m sure the 9mm version woulda been a lot better

Posts: 3369 | Registered: December 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum's Official
Metalhead
Picture of DTREND75
posted Hide Post
Had one. In the end, I couldn't justify the recoil/concealability ratio. The .45 was just a little too much to make the gun enjoyable to shoot for than a magazine or so.

What I did do was replace it with the 9mm version. I liked that enough that I went and bought the XDs Mod 2 with RDS. That is fun to shoot and I carry it on occasion.

Sensitive and caring since August 2009

Some people are like a Slinky....not really good for anything, but you still can't help but smile when you shove them down the stairs.

Posts: 3808 | Location: PSST! Look behind you! | Registered: July 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have one in .45ACP, I like it, it shoots straight has never malfed and eats 185gr. SWC target loads too which is what I practice with.
Standard carry round for me is the 185gr. Speer Gold Dot though I sometimes use the 230gr. HST as well.
Recoil isn't bad and I added a Hogue Handall to it since the first gen versions were a little too "grippy".
It's a decent little hideout and since I have a thing for tiny pistols that launch big bullets it fits in my collection of "Bulldog" pocket guns well.

POW/MIA: You are Not Forgotten

Posts: 473 | Location: East St.Louis, Il. | Registered: June 28, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bearverine
posted Hide Post
Sold mine to a friend. He still has it. Just an awfully small platform to be launching. 45s from for me. Ever since the Illinois debacle, I won't buy a new Springer, but if that wasn't so, the 9mm version looks almost perfect to me.

As honor follows service, so the westerner travels to the east.

Posts: 478 | Location: Winchester, Indiana | Registered: April 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
They are great pistols except I always have trouble finding what zone I should be gripping. I wish they'd spell that out a little better.

Posts: 10822 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post