SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    ID of pistol in old pic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

ID of pistol in old pic Login/Join 
posted
So I was reading an article about the WAAC (Womens Auxillary Army Corp) and this pic was up front. Probably dates to 40-50's and while the pistol seems familiar I can't place it. Any ideas?

[url=https://flic.kr/p/2nNbaS7]

Posts: 1752 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: August 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Colt Woodsman Match Target

Posts: 32490 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
And I tried google search for a while.
Quicker here - and that answers why it looked familiar. My brains too clogged.

Posts: 1752 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: August 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mistake Not...
Picture of Loswsmith
posted Hide Post
Checks watch. Four minutes. Keep up the good work Rogue.

Mistake not my current state of joshing gentle peevishness for the awesome and terrible majesty of the towering seas of ire that are themselves the milquetoast shallows fringing my vast oceans of wrath.

Velocitas Incursio Vis - Gandhi

Posts: 1951 | Location: T-town in the 253 | Registered: January 16, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted Hide Post
What took you so long Rogue? Made the man wait and wait and wait for his answer Razz Wink

Posts: 6660 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
I'll strive to do better next time.

Posts: 32490 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of myrottiety
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bubbatime:
What took you so long Rogue? Made the man wait and wait and wait for his answer Razz Wink

AND Rouge always has a solid reference photo as well. Always impressive.

Train how you intend to Fight

Remember - Training is not sparring. Sparring is not fighting. Fighting is not combat.

Posts: 8847 | Location: Woodstock, GA | Registered: August 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 4MUL8R
posted Hide Post
I for one am disappointed that RogueJSK did not identify the shooting location with full range details. Also missing was the identification of the shooter. And, the muzzle velocity and bullet weight of the US Army cartridge. This information is vital, and we all know RogueJSK is really letting his skills go. South. At this time, his membership in The Amazing Gentlemen of SigForum is classified as “on probation.”

I’m thinking that
(a) it is winter and the wind is about 12 mph based on hair distress
(b) the range is on a a lake
(c) shooter is wearing a US Army trench coat
(d) shooter is an ancestor of Lady Gaga

I will reconsider RogueJSK membership in The Amazing Gentlemen of SigForum if additional details are received here at club HQ.

-------
Trying to simplify my life...

Posts: 5050 | Location: Commonwealth of Virginia | Registered: January 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post