SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Kydex OWB Holster for the Sig P365
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Kydex OWB Holster for the Sig P365 Login/Join 
posted
I am in need of a 'compact' OWB holster for my P-365 for hiking...would love to have one that rides by my back pocket so as to be non-obvious under a loose-fitting shirt with by backpack on. Anyone have a specific brand they love? I've seen several that seem a bit too big for the gun.

Thanks!

dan h

Posts: 12 | Location: Tx | Registered: February 28, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I like the Safariland ALS paddle holster.
Comfortable, fits well and is secure.

Posts: 10052 | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post

Posts: 32493 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of valkyrie1
posted Hide Post
Have the same one, works well

Posts: 2306 | Location: Florida | Registered: March 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
This is what I use: https://www.bravoconcealment.c...p365-owb-gun-holster

Same. It is perfect for me.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15559 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I know you specifically asked for kydex options but I use a Mitch Rosen Upper Limit express model when carrying my P365, and other compact guns, OWB. I wear it at the 3 o clock position and it disappears under a loose t-shirt. I’m 6’, 165 with a 32” waist. If your backpack requires a waist belt that might be a problem for you. I prefer carrying at 3 o clock as it allows me to protect the gun with my arm if I’m in a crowd, but still allows for a fast presentation. YMMV.

Posts: 751 | Location: Orange County, CA | Registered: December 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I really like the Black Rhino Tactical Carry System for my 365. The holster is curved to conform around and behind the hip and comes with both pancake wing belt loops for OWB that hold everything very close to the body as well as clips to convert to an equally excellent IWB carry. I like it so much I just ordered a second one so I don't have to switch from the pancake loops to the clips, I can just leave one in each configuration. the Bravo Concealment holster also offers pancake wing belt loops as an additional optional accessory, highly recommended if you go that route.

https://blackrhinoconcealment....e-the-waistband.html

Posts: 549 | Location: S Fla / Western NC High Country | Registered: May 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bobandmikako
posted Hide Post
I use the JM Custom Kydex OWB2 holster whenever I carry the P365 OWB. It has a smaller footprint than most pancake style holsters and conceals well. I don't think it's in their Quick Ship catalog. I believe it's one of the custom models. I wear it in the 3:00 position but I don't see why it wouldn't work further back on the belt.

十人十色

Posts: 2103 | Location: Semmes, Alabama | Registered: June 15, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bobandmikako:
It has a smaller footprint than most pancake style holsters

At the cost of being a bit bulkier and sticking further out from the belt/hip.

Whereas pancake holsters like the Bravo Concealment have a wider footprint on the belt, but lie flatter against the body, especially when used with the pancake wings instead of the standard belt loops.

It all comes down to what specifically you're looking for.

Posts: 32493 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Vote the
BASTIDS OUT!
Picture of yanici
posted Hide Post
If you haven't tried Garrett Holsters you don't know what you're missing. https://www.giholsters.com/

John

"Building a wall will violate the rights of millions of illegals." [Nancy Pelosi]

Posts: 2407 | Location: N.E. Massachusetts | Registered: June 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
I picked one of these up because I wanted a thumbstrap and they periodically offer some decent sales. Only worn it a couple times, but it seems OK. FWIW, their "Lites" seem a little, well, light. Some color options are available if that helps.

http://highnoonholsters.com/war-hammer-27293

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Waiting for Hachiko
Picture of Sunset_Va
posted Hide Post
quote:
I use the JM Custom Kydex OWB2 holster whenever I carry the P365 OWB. It has a smaller footprint than most pancake style holsters and conceals well. I don't think it's in their Quick Ship catalog. I believe it's one of the custom models. I wear it in the 3:00 position but I don't see why it wouldn't work further back on the belt.

That is a nice holster. I have several of the Safariland ALS paddle holsters, the only thing I dislike about them, is they don't hold the holster close to the body.

That holster looks like it would.

I like the Safariland's retention lever.

美しい犬

Posts: 6673 | Location: Near the Metropolis of Tightsqueeze, Va | Registered: February 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by yanici:
If you haven't tried Garrett Holsters you don't know what you're missing.

I have, and I don't get the hype. I mean, they're well-made holsters, for sure. I still own one, even though it sees minimal use.

I'm a self-admitted leather holster snob, but I just don't see the practical benefit of lining a kydex holster with leather inside. Their signature leather-lined interior on a kydex holster is fine if you're worried about scratching your gun. If that's your thing, go for it. My carry guns are tools, not safe queens. I don't think it has any other practical benefit as far as holster function goes, and therefore the leather lining just unnecessarily adds to the thickness/bulk of the kydex holster, IMO.

Some one of kydex's primary benefits are that it's thinner, lighter, and more dirt-resistant than leather. Layering kydex with more leather defeats those benefits. If you want leather, get leather. If you want kydex, get kydex.

Picture of bobandmikako
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
quote:
It has a smaller footprint than most pancake style holsters

At the cost of being a bit bulkier and sticking further out from the belt/hip.

Whereas pancake holsters like the Bravo Concealment have a wider footprint on the belt, but lie flatter against the body, especially when used with the pancake wings instead of the standard belt loops.

It all comes down to what specifically you're looking for.

The OP mentioned “compact” so I figured he was looking for something with a smaller footprint. I do have a Mitch Rosen leather pancake and Vedder OWB with the pancake wing clips for the P365 and don’t notice a difference in concealability at 3 o’clock. On the thicker Glock 26, I definitely notice and do opt for standard pancake holsters or kydex with wings. The JM Custom OWB2 surprised me. I expected it to be similar to the leather Avenger style holsters that had never worked for me in the past.

十人十色

Posts: 2103 | Location: Semmes, Alabama | Registered: June 15, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
I'm using a Vedder ProDraw with paddle.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 8013 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of stormin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dan_h:
I am in need of a 'compact' OWB holster for my P-365 for hiking...would love to have one that rides by my back pocket so as to be non-obvious under a loose-fitting shirt with by backpack on. Anyone have a specific brand they love? I've seen several that seem a bit too big for the gun.

Thanks!

dan h

I’ve bought a few of the Guard Dog holster from Watchdog Tactical and I really like then. They are very quick to put on / take off with the dual clips. I believe they are also IWB / OWB convertible. They’re a veteran owned company and have quick turnaround times. The owner is usually at most of the local gun shows in Carolina and will make holsters on the spot for you.

https://wdtactical.com/watchdo...cal-guardog-holster/

Posts: 329 | Location: Raleigh, NC | Registered: March 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks everyone for your suggestions & pics...great content here! I decided on the Bravo concealment offering for price & availability (purchased via Amazon & its already arrived). But I’m looking at some of the others still.

Dh

Posts: 12 | Location: Tx | Registered: February 28, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post