SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Savage-North Navy revolver
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Savage-North Navy revolver Login/Join 
Happiness is
Vectored Thrust
Picture of mojojojo
posted
Made in 1861 and 1862, only 20,000 or so were produced. Modeled after the Savage “figure 8” revolver, this was an “almost” double action revolver. The bottom trigger was pulled to cock the revolver and the upper trigger to fire. It’s really quite intuitive and getting 6 shots off in rapid succession is very easy. It’s a very heavy revolver weighing in at about 3.5 pounds.

Not a very common revolver and unknown to many, I wanted to share my latest acquisition. Enjoy

Icarus flew too close to the sun, but at least he flew.

Posts: 6737 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: April 30, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
The grips are in excellent shape for a 160 year old revolver.

Posts: 107685 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Happiness is
Vectored Thrust
Picture of mojojojo
posted Hide Post
Unfortunately I think they’ve been sanded at some point. Still to be 160+ years old it is in great shape and functions perfectly. Unlike my Colt 1851 Navy and 1860 Army this revolver is just odd enough to be cool.

Posts: 6737 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: April 30, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Local shop nearby has one of these in the used case. I handled it and it is truly weird.

Posts: 4727 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Happiness is
Vectored Thrust
Picture of mojojojo
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lefty Sig:
Local shop nearby has one of these in the used case. I handled it and it is truly weird.

Price?

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mojojojo:
quote:
Originally posted by Lefty Sig:

Price?

Don't remember off hand. It's at Copperhead Ridge firearms in Avon, IN.

Posts: 4727 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Happiness is
Vectored Thrust
Picture of mojojojo
posted Hide Post
Thank you. I emailed them for pics and price. It’s such a cool revolver I’d gladly buy another.

7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
Interesting old tool. My friend Dick had a Figure 8 which was nickle finish. Very good condition. He stored it in a black silk sock. I believe it was 1851 Navy. I got to cock it and watch the cylinder action. Dick said back in the day there were no gun smiths who new the guns well enough to work on them.

Posts: 17905 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of photohause
posted Hide Post
quote:
Savage-North Navy revolver

Congratulations!

http://armscollectors.com/mgs/savage_north.htm

Don't. drink & drive, don't even putt.

Posts: 1631 | Location:  | Registered: March 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
Very cool! Thanks for posting, I've never seen or heard of one of these. Neat design.

Posts: 17189 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This is a new one on me....thanx for showing.

Posts: 6628 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rmfnla
posted Hide Post
Very cool, and a bit reminiscent of the Vulcanic...

https://www.gunsamerica.com/us...37882/wm_3549940.jpg

Today, my jurisdiction ends here…

Posts: 141 | Registered: August 21, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Happiness is
Vectored Thrust
Picture of mojojojo
posted Hide Post
The curved trigger guard does sort of resemble the Vulcanic