SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Apex Action Enhancement Kit - Gen 4 Glock
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Apex Action Enhancement Kit - Gen 4 Glock Login/Join 
posted
I am soliciting opinions on the value of installing this kit into a Gen. 4 Glock 19:

https://store.apextactical.com...ducts/Details/192473

I have two major issues that I am hoping to remedy with this kit. First, I don't like the standard serrated trigger. Second, my finger always rubs on the inside bottom of the trigger guard. Because the Apex trigger appears to be shaped differently and seems to be more flat, I'm hoping that might eliminate the finger rubbing.

Improved trigger pull is certainly a bonus as well.

This is a carry gun if that makes a difference in anyone's opinion.

Please let me know your experiences and if this kit is worth the money (I know that's highly subjective).

Posts: 1168 | Registered: July 06, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dc54
posted Hide Post
I have 2 Apex triggers installed in Gen 4 9mms. The trigger pull doesn't seem much lighter, but the ergonomics make it feel much nicer. I've tried the Travis Haley Skimmer triggers, Overwatch, Pyramid and Suarez as well. My first choice for carry would be the Skimmer with the Apex a close second. Skimmer has reduced take up with a crisp but not light break. Apex feels lighter, but not as crisp.

Sigs, HKs, 1911s, Berettas, Glocks and SW revolvers

Posts: 1034 | Location: GA | Registered: February 04, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Check out the Suarez. It gets great reviews and is inexpensive.

https://suarezinternational.co...atrol-grade-trigger/

Posts: 545 | Location: Ohio | Registered: April 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I also have installed 2 of these in my gen 4 26 & 19. As DC54 said it doesn't lighten the trigger much if any, the feel is much better, smoother feel. I prefer the gen 3 trigger bar that is comes with it and the fact that I'm a fan of the flat face trigger makes it a no brainer for me. I also have one on my shield.

You can certainly lighten the trigger if you want with their full kit or other trigger systems but I feel really comfortable with these on my carry guns. The both have a very consistent pull of 4.10lbs with my Lyman.

Posts: 178 | Registered: May 16, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A teetotaling
beer aficionado
Picture of NavyGuy
posted Hide Post
I have similar finger rubbing issues. I can't speak to the Apex trigger regarding finger rub but I've put Overwatch triggers on my G19 Gen and G43. (the G43 got the Falx tirgger) The G19 got the TAC trigger shoe which seems to have similar geometry as the Apex with a slight lip at the end of the trigger shoe. It does help some with the trigger rub but it didn't completely eliminated it for me. It did however smooth out and reduce pretravel. I think the Apex is said to do the same.

Men fight for liberty and win it with hard knocks. Their children, brought up easy, let it slip away again, poor fools. And their grandchildren are once more slaves.

-D.H. Lawrence

Posts: 11524 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: February 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Cous2492:
Check out the Suarez. It gets great reviews and is inexpensive.

https://suarezinternational.co...atrol-grade-trigger/

That one looks ideal for my needs, and is much cheaper. Thanks!

Posts: 1168 | Registered: July 06, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
No problem! I have used some other Suarez products and am very pleased so far. If you think of it, shoot me an email after you trust it to tell me what you think.

Posts: 545 | Location: Ohio | Registered: April 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Palm:

I have two major issues that I am hoping to remedy with this kit. First, I don't like the standard serrated trigger. Second, my finger always rubs on the inside bottom of the trigger guard. Because the Apex trigger appears to be shaped differently and seems to be more flat, I'm hoping that might eliminate the finger rubbing.

Just install a G17 stock trigger.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post