SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    How many versions of the P220 in .45 had 5 inch barrels
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

How many versions of the P220 in .45 had 5 inch barrels Login/Join 
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted
I know of the match elite. Were there any others in .45acp?

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10729 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
The 2-tone SAO Supermatch.
Also, the Match Target 2-tone in DA/SA.

Q

Posts: 26384 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
Didn't the old compensated P220 Sport have a 5"+ barrel? I remember buying one of those barrels from Numrich some years back.

Link just for the pic: http://firearmcentral.fandom.c...SIG_Sauer_P220_Sport

Posts: 27293 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Great Equalizer
Picture of colt_saa
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Il Cattivo:
Didn't the old compensated P220 Sport have a 5"+ barrel? I remember buying one of those barrels from Numrich some years back.

Link just for the pic: http://firearmcentral.fandom.c...SIG_Sauer_P220_Sport

The P220 Sport barrel is just about 5.5"

The barrel ends before the ports and unlike the P229 Sport pistils, the barrel is not threaded into the extension

The P220 Sport Stock is the normal 4.4" barrel length

Here is the P220 Stainless Match Elite

The P220 was also offered in a 5" SAO Match Target version

As mentioned the Match Target also came in a traditional DA/SA configuration, but I never owned one of those or a SuperMatch.

At the time the Gun Shop "STORY" was that the SuperMatch pistols were selected because they exhibited superior accuracy when tested. That was a pile of cow chips.

If that statement were true, the SuperMatch serial numbers would be all over the place, however they were all sequentially numbered so I never spent the extra money

------------------------------------------------------------------
NRA Benefactor . . . Certified Instructor . . . Certified RSO
SWCA

356TSW.com
45talk.com
RacingPlanetUSA.Com

Posts: 5179 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: November 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Good things, many devils
posted Hide Post
There are also a few versions of the P220 X6, just in case you need all the barrel.

Posts: 399 | Location: KS | Registered: August 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 2213 | Registered: October 17, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Husband, Father, Aggie,
all around good guy!
Picture of HK Ag
posted Hide Post
The P220 S4 has an threaded extended barrel of ~5 inches.

HK Ag

Posts: 3502 | Location: Tomball, Texas | Registered: August 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
All beautiful pistols. Would love to own one some day

Posts: 10729 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Giftedly Outspoken
Picture of sigarms229
posted Hide Post
There was also a Tutone 5" P220 with standard sights (not a rear adjustable). I had one many years ago. Sold it off because it didn't shoot any better than a standard P220. Also the box just indicated it was a standard 5" P220 and not a match gun. Also note it is DA/SA.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: sigarms229,

Sometimes, you gotta roll the hard six

Posts: 4522 | Location: SouthCentral PA | Registered: December 05, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
^^^ Those are the versions I glommed on to. They have a "match cut" chamber, but it doesn't do much. IIRC, Bruce Grey's assessment is that they didn't do enough to ensure consistent lock-up at the front end. OTOH, they shoot softer and have a longer sight radius than standard 220s, and that's why I still prefer them to the standard 220s.

Posts: 27293 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigarms229:
There was also a Tutone 5" P220 with standard sights (not a rear adjustable). I had one many years ago. Sold it off because it didn't shoot any better than a standard P220. Also the box just indicated it was a standard 5" P220 and not a match gun. Also note it is DA/SA.

That is one my grail pistols, the 5 inch with normal fixed sights