SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Question for those who have installed the GG HK Flat trigger.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Question for those who have installed the GG HK Flat trigger. Login/Join 
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted
I have decided that I just don’t like the feel of the flat trigger. I shoot it fine but I am just so used to HK curved triggers I can’t make it feel “normal” to me. This is nothing against the trigger at all it’s good kit I am just not an aggressive flat trigger guy.

That said I know a couple of you have installed this trigger and since I did not do the work on mine I have a couple questions about removing it and going back to the stock blade.

-I plan on leaving all the short reset internals, just want the stock blade back.

-Is it as simple as popping the trigger pin out, pulling the TRS, disconnecting the blade from the trigger bar and yanking the trigger? Will the stock trigger drop right back on with the same pin, connector or does the GG trigger use a different length of pin or different TRS or anything?

Thanks much,
Chris.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7691 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SIGfourme
posted Hide Post
For me , the flat trigger has less take up before release = which was my goal.
You are correct in how to remove the trigger. You also indicate you have the correct pliers to grasp the TRS.
Take a picture of the TRS so you know where the short leg goes.
There is the mini straw technique to position the TRS legs if you encounter difficulty in TRS placement.

Posts: 2304 | Location: Southeast CT | Registered: January 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cslinger:
I have decided that I just don’t like the feel of the flat trigger. I shoot it fine but I am just so used to HK curved triggers I can’t make it feel “normal” to me. This is nothing against the trigger at all it’s good kit I am just not an aggressive flat trigger guy.

I don’t like it either. It’s really popular, and lots of solid dudes like it, but I never have. Particularly on DA/SA guns.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37119 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of valkyrie1
posted Hide Post
Invest in the spring pliers, makes it alot easier to replace the trigger spring

Posts: 2309 | Location: Florida | Registered: March 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diablo Blanco
Picture of dking271
posted Hide Post
I haven’t taken apart my P2000s but did install a match trigger in an older USP9SD. Other than the TRS it wasn’t that difficult once I had the pliers to hold the spring in place. I have an HK P2000 and P2000SK that were worked on by GGI but I did not do the flat trigger. I have another set that needs the the SRT components that I will install once I get around to buying it.

As to the flat triggers, I am on the fence. I like it on my P320s as well as my P365s but not on my DA/SA guns.

Posts: 2968 | Location: Middle-TN | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just Hanging Around
posted Hide Post
I didn’t like the flat trigger either.

The first 5 minutes of the video is about all you need. It does a good job explaining the position of the spring legs. Note that the pin only comes out in one direction.
Like others have said, get the special pliers. You can do it without them, but your frustration level will increase to the “throw it through the window level “.

Posts: 3241 | Location: NE Kansas | Registered: February 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
Put the curved trigger back in and it feels like “home”.

I don’t necessarily mind flat triggers nor do I necessarily shoot them poorly and on some striker guns I actually like them.

My HK’s, however, specifically the P2000 and P30 are my defensive guns of choice and I have been running them for a long time and having one of them be so radically different in “feel” was messing with my head so to speak. While HK’s and the P2000/P30 are certainly not the bestest guns ever by any stretch they are the ones my brain has been trained to work unconsciously with the most so having that same hooked trigger mattered for my “lizard brain” I think.

It was a super simple change out though so thanks all.

Take care, shoot safe
Chris

Posts: 7691 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
Oh and once again there is ABSOLUTELY NOTHING wrong with the GG HK flat trigger. It’s a hell of a nice trigger and a very easy install and absolutely does break right at 90 degrees. It does clean up the break nicely.

So if anybody is reading this don’t take my thoughts as a condemnation of the trigger. It was a ME issue not a part issue.

posted Hide Post
The curvature of the P30S trigger dug into my finger to such a point that I dreaded firing it. The GG flat trigger(s) saved me from selling both it and my USP Compact. I never bought into the flat trigger fad and just viewed it as something new to part shooters from their money. But in the case of the HKs, the flat trigger has been a godsend. At this point, I'm really thinking seriously about getting a P30SK and putting a flat trigger in it too.

Posts: 2012 | Registered: March 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kaschi:
The curvature of the P30S trigger dug into my finger to such a point that I dreaded firing it. The GG flat trigger(s) saved me from selling both it and my USP Compact. I never bought into the flat trigger fad and just viewed it as something new to part shooters from their money. But in the case of the HKs, the flat trigger has been a godsend. At this point, I'm really thinking seriously about getting a P30SK and putting a flat trigger in it too.

Just goes to show you how different we “smart monkeys” are Smile. We’ve been making “modern” firearms for around 200 years now and yet we still don’t have a one size fits all option.

While the gun geek in me loves this as the variety and different paths are cool to me. The practical person in me is amazed we haven’t gotten to the point where we have a one size fits all arm.

E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
Was able to run the gun today. I definitely prefer the curved trigger. I shot just about identically vs the flat blade but did so with less “thought” so to speak.

All in all I’m happy I went back to the stock trigger. (Said NO HK guy ever. Big Grin). I am weird what can I say.