SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Sig P239 grips
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sig P239 grips Login/Join 
Have Camera - Will Travel
Wire Gonzo, Far Bombay
posted
When I carried a P229 as my duty weapon, Hogue made two sets of rubber grips for it: one had finger grooves and was a complete wrap, and the other (the ones I used) were simply rubber replacement grip panels that provided more texture, but did not increase the width or bulk of the grip.

To my knowledge, for the P239, the only rubber grips Hogue produced were the wrap-around grips with finger grooves. I cannot find any evidence they (or anyone else) ever made rubber replacement panels. Does anyone remember differently or know a company that makes rubber replacement grip panels for the P239?

Thanks,
Gonzo

Sometimes good people have to do bad things to bad people to prevent bad people from doing bad things to good people.

A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects.-Robert A. Heinlein

Posts: 3098 | Registered: February 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Firearms Enthusiast
Picture of Mustang-PaPa
posted Hide Post
I also only remember the rubber Hogue finger grooved grips for the 239.

They worked well on the 239 as far as hand fit-mint but i just cannot stand the rubbery feel and clinging to shirt and pants material when used for ccarry. I often wished Hogue would have made the finger grooved grips out of G-10 instead of rubber and i would probably still own one of the 239’s i have owned over the years.

I don't recall ever seeing any other brand of rubber grip panels only.

Posts: 18036 | Location: South West of Fort Worth, Tx. | Registered: December 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Objectively Reasonable
Picture of DennisM
posted Hide Post
I can't find a footprint online, but I believe Pachmayr made grip panels for the classic "P-series" SIGs circa-2003ish?

Posts: 2466 | Registered: January 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Firearms Enthusiast
Picture of Mustang-PaPa
posted Hide Post
^^^ I never saw them for the 239. Did you?

Posts: 18036 | Location: South West of Fort Worth, Tx. | Registered: December 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Master of one hand
pistol shooting
Picture of Hamden106
posted Hide Post
For the 239, try the G2 type. These came on my 239T and I like them more than any Hogue

SIGnature
NRA Benefactor CMP Pistol Distinguished

Posts: 6317 | Location: Oregon | Registered: September 01, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've never seen a rubber panel-type grip for the P239. Not saying they aren't out there, just that I've never seen one. The closest I could find online were these:

https://talongungrips.com/gun-...rips/sig-sauer/p239/

It's a rubber stick-on that you add to a polymer or wood grip panel. I had them on a Beretta Nano, and they work pretty well.

Posts: 842 | Registered: December 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
Even though the innards on the P239 are pretty much the same as the P226 the grip frame of the single stack P239 is entirely different than the double stack P226. with me the P226 factory grips are too thick and so would any of the rubber finger groove or not grips.... I've only experienced factory grips and one set of crimson trace grips on them.... As for the P239.... it is just the opposite... factory grips are too thin and I really like thicker finger grooved grips. I'll go look in my supply of p239 grips I've removed and see if I have anything other than factory.... nope, just one set of the Hogue rubber grips with the finger grooves....

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wire Gonzo, Far Bombay
posted Hide Post
All the responses (appreciated, by the way) pretty much confirm what I thought...no such thing as rubber replacement panels for the P239. I love the existing grip width and I don't really need the finger grips, so I suspect I'll just try and find some checkered wood grips that are similar in width to the factory grips.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: TheGreatGonzo,

Sometimes good people have to do bad things to bad people to prevent bad people from doing bad things to good people.

A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects.-Robert A. Heinlein

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TheGreatGonzo:
All the responses (appreciated, by the say) pretty much confirm what I thought...no such thing as rubber replacement panels for the P239. I love the existing grip width and I don't really need the finger grips, so I suspect I'll just try and find some checkered wood grips that are similar in width to the factory grips.

If you are interested in G10 or some nice hardwood you may want to start your search at Hogue.

My issue with the standard grip panels for the plain jane P239 was that the front strap of the grip frame is nearly as sharp as a knife. This was nicely taken care of by the rubber over molded grips, which are still available today. With any other material I would want to have the ability to return the grip panels at no cost if they didn't have design features to eliminate that sharp transition.

I've stopped counting.

Posts: 5652 | Location: Michigan | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Quiet Man
posted Hide Post
I’ve never seen just rubber panels, but the Hogue g10 grips turned my 239 from a gun I don’t like at all to one of my favorites. Remarkable difference in feel.

Posts: 2594 | Registered: November 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I started with nothing,
and still have most of it
Picture of stiab
posted Hide Post
This is what I do...

"While not every Democrat is a horse thief, every horse thief is a Democrat." HORACE GREELEY

Posts: 1859 | Location: Central NC | Registered: May 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
I put Hogue checkered G10's on my P239, and never looked back...fantastic grips.

Posts: 13682 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pulicords
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Warhorse:
I put Hogue checkered G10's on my P239, and never looked back...fantastic grips.

I went with the checkered G10s too. Using a 9mm barrel with the heavier .357 Sig/.40 S&W slide makes for a very comfortable shooting platform in this mode.

"I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Posts: 10203 | Location: The Free State of Arizona | Registered: June 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have the Hogue Piranha grips, and they are great.

-c1steve

Posts: 4056 | Location: West coast | Registered: March 31, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Manufactures Rep.
Picture of Ken @ Hogue Inc
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TheGreatGonzo:

Gonzo

Sorry to say but Hogue has not made panel grips for the P239, only Finger groove.

Need technical help with Hogue products and your firearm?

Try the Hogue Knowledge Base for answers!

Hogue Gear
Holsters and more...
www.hogueinc.com
www.hogueknives.com www.heatedtoiletseat.com www.zombiegrips.com
Ken@hogueinc.com

View or Download your Catalog today;

2023 Catalog

2023 Knife Catalog

Hogue AR-15/ Catalog

Request a Catalog

Posts: 1597 | Location: Home Office, Paso Robles, CA -Headquarters, Henderson, NV. -W/Warehouses in San Diego, CA and Vienna, Austria | Registered: July 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have the Hogue checkered exotic wood grips on my 239 and they are just right for my hand.

Posts: 6624 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wire Gonzo, Far Bombay
posted Hide Post
Yep. Back to the checkered wood Hogues, which is what I had on my original P239.