SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    LDD Interviews Grayguns: Bruce Gray
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

LDD Interviews Grayguns: Bruce Gray Login/Join 
Too old to grow up now
Picture of George85019
posted Hide Post
Congrats and Kudos to you Bruce. I just watched a Guns & Ammo episode that featured the SIG Legion Series guns with your triggers from the factory. Great looking piece.

Price on the Legion Series is just beyond my reach. I sure enjoyed slobbering over them though. True works of art and function. I shoot so well with the MK 25 that I never changed anything on it. It is just as it came from the factory. I thought about the SRT, but decided I didn't want to mess with success. Besides, my old arthritic hands aren't that fast on the trigger anymore.

Truly, you are living the dream, but I know you put in your time and give 100% every day.

Wishing you all the best in the New Year, continued success with your business endeavors, Lord knows you've earned it.

Happy New year SIGforum.

NO SIGnature

Posts: 2050 | Location: London, OH | Registered: January 05, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That's the truth. I rarely mess with the pistol as it comes from the factory as they know what they are doing and I do not. And what they do/ set up usually works.

Posts: 4657 | Location: Middletown, PA | Registered: January 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I took a break from shooting. Just busy, no excuses. So I took out to range tonight. Gun #1-P229 Bruce and company did for me I think around 2008/9. (It was an older model that started service with Fish and Wildlife.) Wow, made my aluminum tube service gun seem like a slug, and they were pretty good for stock straight from Sig in 02. (my gun-butter smooth, stock trigger, old non srt tuned to have a similar reset as the new srt's.) GGI did the 'duty carry package' of the time. Gun #2, new stock P229R (2010 ish), I put in the P pac (duty) Gen1 with the new PAIT trigger. Gun#3 P229R (2017) put the new PAST straight trigger with the parts I took out of the 2010 gun I had sig do a Christmas time polish and SRT upgrade.

So, nothing compares to the love and attention GGI does to your gun. Still the smoothest action I have.

#2, that perf action kit gen 1 is a close second but no SRT. But (Fed (sig school) armorer/me) put that kit in (think sig erector set, I did nothing more than take down, lube, and assembly.) and gosh...the difference than even the (sorry Sig) factory Christmas special tune, ALL FROM A BAG OF PARTS I STUCK IN THE GUN.

And now my poor over priced SRT enhanced from Sig gun is now anxiously awaiting the P series perfection action kit Gen2, self defense (gotta have that new SRT version) I have no doubt it will be smoooooooooth.

Thanks Bruce and the gentlemen you have surrounded yourself with.

PS, I am waiting to send my P320 back to GGI for the perfection upgrade redo after the recall and I purchased a GGI pink trigger for my wife's P938 waiting for you to start the promised perfection action work so I can send it in.

Posts: 48 | Location: Whatcom County, WA | Registered: July 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A great interview and discussion.

Posts: 702 | Location: Gatesville, TX | Registered: January 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
Picture of Beancooker
posted Hide Post
Great interview. It was quite a pleasure to read.

Any news, pics or updates on the Sistine Pistol?

quote:
Originally posted by parabellum: You must have your pants custom tailored to fit your massive balls.
The “lol” thread

Posts: 4025 | Location: Staring down at you with disdain, from the spooky mountaintop castle.  | Registered: November 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Articwolf59
posted Hide Post
Great interview……I’m sending my 226 there soon for some upgrades.

P210 Target, P210 Standard P210 Carry, P220, P226, P232

Posts: 2 | Registered: February 11, 2023Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Master of one hand
pistol shooting
Picture of Hamden106
posted Hide Post
Is Mr Gray only on the Oregon coast now? I have not heard anything on the east Oregon location for a long time.

SIGnature
NRA Benefactor CMP Pistol Distinguished

Posts: 6312 | Location: Oregon | Registered: September 01, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Hamden106:
Is Mr Gray only on the Oregon coast now? I have not heard anything on the east Oregon location for a long time.

Yes they moved the entire shop to Reedsport.

-c1steve

Posts: 4052 | Location: West coast | Registered: March 31, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of Death
and Destruction
Picture of walker77
posted Hide Post
I remember seeing him on a History channel show about guns years ago.

Posts: 7393 | Location: Raymore, Missouri | Registered: June 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Master of one hand
pistol shooting
Picture of Hamden106
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by c1steve:
quote:
Originally posted by Hamden106:

Yes they moved the entire shop to Reedsport.

About 90 miles from me. Perhaps I should call for some 226 and 220 service. Mostly for a good 4# trigger and group tightening

SIGnature
NRA Benefactor CMP Pistol Distinguished

Posts: 6312 | Location: Oregon | Registered: September 01, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post