SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    New Sig P239 9mm magazines
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New Sig P239 9mm magazines Login/Join 
posted
I just purchased a new in bag Sig P239 9mm magazine from Ebay. I don't recall the seller, but he was in Texas. According to him, he ordered some that were made in Italy, but came in the familiar Sig poly bag. They weren't cheap, about $70 each I think, but were cheaper than the used ones listed on GunBroker or Ebay. No idea if he has any more if there is any more coming from overseas.

Does anyone know if European manufacturers are making magazines for Sig to sell over there?

I thought about buying 2, but the tab was too high for a gun I rarely shoot, but want to leave to my kids.

Thanks for looking.
Chris

Chris
Faith, Family, Charity

Posts: 45 | Location: Austin | Registered: January 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Mec-Gar, from Italy, makes OEM mags for SIG.

Q

Posts: 26428 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 234 | Location: Bucks County, PA | Registered: December 24, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for responses. I'll be buying a couple more mags from Osage today!

Chris
Faith, Family, Charity

Posts: 45 | Location: Austin | Registered: January 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Needs a check up
from the neck up
Picture of Timdogg6
posted Hide Post
A guy here on the forum has some for sale, go over to the classifieds.
I just bought mine this week from him

The entire reason for the Second Amendment is not for hunting, it’s not for target shooting … it’s there so that you and I can protect our homes and our children and and our families and our lives. And it’s also there as fundamental check on government tyranny. Sen Ted Cruz

Posts: 5133 | Location: Boca Raton, FL The Gunshine State | Registered: July 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because something is legal to do doesn't mean it is the smart thing to do.
posted Hide Post
/gunmagwarehouse.com/sig-sauer-p239-9mm-8-round-magazine.html

Integrity is doing the right thing, even when nobody is looking.

Posts: 4137 | Location: Metamora MI | Registered: October 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
GunMag Warehouse is out of stock as of this minute. They were out of stock when I checked twice earlier this month.

Just sayin'

Chris
Faith, Family, Charity

posted Hide Post
P239 mags are out there,but they're not getting any cheaper.I buy .40 mags whenever i can get a good deal,unfortunately when i bought three last week,when they came one was a .357

Posts: 98 | Registered: October 21, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm not sure, but with every other gun .40 S&W and .357 SIG are interchangeable mags as the cases are similar in size. Although I'm surprised the seller didn't identify the one marked .357 to you before you bought it. My SIG P226 .357 SIG mags are marked as both 40 and 357.

Chris
Faith, Family, Charity

posted Hide Post
With the 226-229 the .357 .40 mags are interchangeable.With the 239 the .357 mags have a crimp down the sides to better feed the bottleneck case,whether it helps or not is debatable.The seller thought they were all MAG239407,but he'll take the old mag back if i cant find something to do with it. I was debating on a .357 barrel,but i really don't want to start on a new cartridge.

Posts: 98 | Registered: October 21, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
M.P. driver... if you need... I'll trade you a .40 for that 357....

357 or 40 won't work in a 9mm p239 frame.... the magazines won't go into the grip. also, the slide is slightly lighter on the 9mm and that could cause problems down the road.... you can go the other way.... 357/40 can take a 9mm barrel and actually shoots well with original slide, spring and even the 357/40 mags....

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ruger357
posted Hide Post
I bought 3 and I don’t even have a 239-9...yet.

-----------------------------------------

Roll Tide!

Glock Certified Armorer
NRA Certified Firearms Instructor

Posts: 7950 | Location: Hoover, AL | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ruger357:
I bought 3 and I don’t even have a 239-9...yet.

Reminds me of back in the very early 80's my wife and I went to the record store to buy Dylon's latest album.... it only came in this new thing called a CD... so we ended up having to go to an electronics store after that and buy this new fangled thing called a CD player...

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post