SIGforum
Kimber next gen 9mm 1911

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/430601935/m/1800099125

August 30, 2026, 05:53 PM
OttoSig
Kimber next gen 9mm 1911
Fit and finish look to be above what you would expect for an $850~ gun. Slide to frame is not crazy tight but good enough. Safety has no hot spots. Grip safety is adequately blended. Bull barrel crown looks good.

The one thing I don’t like is the front sight. It’s just a red dot. Hard as hell to see even in the day time. Not quite sure I understand that one, maybe I’m missing something.

Eager to get it out and shoot it this weekend.













Eight years to retirement! Just waiting!
August 30, 2026, 09:14 PM
Sharkey717
Nice looking pistol! I think Kimber makes great weapons I have 2 of the custom II models. I really recommend the Cobra mags for any 9mm 1911 they are top tier in my opinion. Enjoy shooting it!
August 31, 2026, 11:43 AM
748s
Nice! Congratulations. Alot of nice features for the money. Looking forward to hearing how it shoots.






August 31, 2026, 04:56 PM
ruger357
Looking forward to the range report.


-----------------------------------------

Roll Tide!

Glock Certified Armorer
NRA Certified Firearms Instructor
August 31, 2026, 07:36 PM
Nick
That’s a sharp looking 1911. Congratulations. I’m eager to hear a range report as well.


"Escaped the liberal Borg and living free"
August 31, 2026, 09:34 PM
jljones
Internal or external extractor?


________________
People hate you. Train like it.



August 31, 2026, 09:46 PM
OttoSig
External







Eight years to retirement! Just waiting!
August 31, 2026, 09:56 PM
12131
Of course it doesn’t affect function, but that “NG 1911” on the dust cover is just tacky. Otherwise, gun looks real good.


Q






August 31, 2026, 10:07 PM
OttoSig
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
Of course it doesn’t affect function, but that “NG 1911” on the dust cover is just tacky. Otherwise, gun looks real good.


I 100% agree with you, Q.

One thing I really liked about the Dan Wesson Cbob was its clean slide and an overall aesthetic.

I’ll take it for the price but I wish it wasn’t there.





Eight years to retirement! Just waiting!