SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Kimber next gen 9mm 1911
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Reply
  
Kimber next gen 9mm 1911 Login/Join 
Member
Picture of OttoSig
posted
Fit and finish look to be above what you would expect for an $850~ gun. Slide to frame is not crazy tight but good enough. Safety has no hot spots. Grip safety is adequately blended. Bull barrel crown looks good.

The one thing I don’t like is the front sight. It’s just a red dot. Hard as hell to see even in the day time. Not quite sure I understand that one, maybe I’m missing something.

Eager to get it out and shoot it this weekend.












Eight years to retirement! Just waiting!
 
Posts: 8039 | Location: Wisconsin | Registered: August 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
Nice looking pistol! I think Kimber makes great weapons I have 2 of the custom II models. I really recommend the Cobra mags for any 9mm 1911 they are top tier in my opinion. Enjoy shooting it!
 
Posts: 155 | Location: Kyle Texas | Registered: August 23, 2025Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
Nice! Congratulations. Alot of nice features for the money. Looking forward to hearing how it shoots.






 
Posts: 187 | Location: Upstate NY | Registered: September 26, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
Picture of ruger357
posted Hide Post
Looking forward to the range report.


-----------------------------------------

Roll Tide!

Glock Certified Armorer
NRA Certified Firearms Instructor
 
Posts: 8476 | Location: Hoover, AL | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Where liberty dwells,
there is my country
Picture of Nick
posted Hide Post
That’s a sharp looking 1911. Congratulations. I’m eager to hear a range report as well.


"Escaped the liberal Borg and living free"
 
Posts: 2270 | Location: North Carolina, USA | Registered: January 21, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
Internal or external extractor?


________________
People hate you. Train like it.



 
Posts: 38686 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
Picture of OttoSig
posted Hide Post
External






Eight years to retirement! Just waiting!
 
Posts: 8039 | Location: Wisconsin | Registered: August 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Of course it doesn’t affect function, but that “NG 1911” on the dust cover is just tacky. Otherwise, gun looks real good.


Q






 
Posts: 31440 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
Picture of OttoSig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
Of course it doesn’t affect function, but that “NG 1911” on the dust cover is just tacky. Otherwise, gun looks real good.


I 100% agree with you, Q.

One thing I really liked about the Dan Wesson Cbob was its clean slide and an overall aesthetic.

I’ll take it for the price but I wish it wasn’t there.





Eight years to retirement! Just waiting!
 
Posts: 8039 | Location: Wisconsin | Registered: August 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
  Powered by Social Strata  
 

SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Kimber next gen 9mm 1911

© SIGforum 2026