SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Magpul releasing P320 grip frames
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Magpul releasing P320 grip frames Login/Join 
That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted
Magpul website shows that they are releasing new grip frames for the P320. Initially, they are releasing frames for the P320 compact and full size, with or without a manual safety. Colors available will be black and flat dark earth.

https://magpul.com/ehg-sg9-gri...?mp_global_color=118

https://youtu.be/pN5NqAry_PU?si=8iD7XYiftsWoD2yc

This message has been edited. Last edited by: bubbatime,

Posts: 6674 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
Interesting. I like that it has the trigger guard undercut of an X-grip with the more rounded profile of the traditional factory grip. And being Magpul I'm sure it's well-made. Corrosion is a real issue with the mag release button on the factory frames, too, so I'm glad they addressed that. I'm curious if they used polymer or some type of coated metal.

I do wish it had a "fence" for the slide catch lever to help prevent unintended premature slide-lock...it's something I see happen on a pretty regular basis with the X-grips and Wilsons. So far the standard factory modules are the only ones I know of that incorporate one.

The flared magwell is cool...I wonder if it works with standard 17-round mag base plates.

Posts: 8797 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blackmore
posted Hide Post
One size fits all? I like that factory frames have different grip diameters.

Truth: The New Hate Speech

Posts: 3504 | Location: W. Central NH | Registered: October 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
What is the
soup du jour?

posted Hide Post
I wish the texturing went up considerably further. Just like the RTF2 texture from Glock. Frown

Posts: 2023 | Location: TX | Registered: October 28, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I wish the aftermarket grip folks would make one for the .45 320!

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16194 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well at least their FDE pistol grip module will have a chance of actually color coordinating with one's FDE rifle, assuming use of Magpul furniture of course. Fashion coordination is all important, 'x-specially for all demm Utoob videos...

I'm not seeing anything 'special' about their reinterpretation. Aesthetically it's clean-looking, if a little bit dull and plain. Not a bad thing to me, but the Gucci crowd may not be swayed. A bit of frictional texture for the off-hand thumb; meh, I would've preferred a molded-in shelf like Shadow Systems does on their Glock clones. Looks like they've completely removed what little backstrap palm swell the SIG medium X-module had and made their backstrap more or less straight. Difficult to tell for sure but initial impressions from the Magpul images looks like they were a bit more generous with radiusing the face transitions from grip sides to front strap and backstrap; maybe less of the 'dimensional lumber' feel that some folks constant harp about regarding slab-sided grips. Hard to say about the stipple texture; I generally like what they do for their more aggressive texture AR grips; if this is similar I think that's something I could easily live with. Molding in the magwell flare ala Gen5 Glock is a nice touch but as voiced earlier, only if Magpul did the necessary homework and made sure that it accommodates all the magazine baseplate silliness that SIG has done/redone along the way with the 320 platform.

I typically find the factory X-modules set a fairly high standard when it comes to build quality and comfort. I've not had any real ergonomic complaints about SIG's design and enjoy shooting P320s with those modules in place. I might try one of these anyways once distributors get more of these from Magpul.

-MG

Posts: 2068 | Location: The commie, rainy side of WA | Registered: April 19, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Maybe they'll being a SC option to market, too.
I've been wanting to try a SC with my C slide as a IWB option.

Will be interesting to see if they bring additional variants once these are out.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15516 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Lt CHEG
posted Hide Post
I look at all these other grip frames coming out and wonder why SIG didn’t do better themselves? The AXG is obviously a nice grip frame, but it just seems like SIG could have done a better job on the plastic for the 320 out of the gate. I’m coming around to the P320 and enjoy shooting my new duty gun, but the plastic still reminds me of the fish fill plastic hand guards that came on the first SIG 556 rifles. It’s not quite that bad, but the plastic does seem to be a bit lacking and I think the popularity of other companies’ grip frame offerings would support that hypothesis as well. The SIGPro guns were always so nice and super high quality, it seems unfortunate that SIG didn’t use similar plastic for these guns.

“It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat.”

Posts: 5593 | Location: Upstate NY | Registered: February 28, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
While I appreciate more options, this doesn't look like anything special. I think the SIG brand X-Carry grip looks and the texture is nicer.

Posts: 6948 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
King Nothing
Picture of SigSauerP226
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P250UA5:
Maybe they'll being a SC option to market, too.
I've been wanting to try a SC with my C slide as a IWB option.

Will be interesting to see if they bring additional variants once these are out.

I’ve been interested in this since getting my compact P320 and was thinking the same thing. Doesn’t seem like anyone makes a SC grip module, would be cool if Magpul does, I’d get one. My P320 compact and P226 grip/mag are almost the same height, would be nice to have a shorter grip for CCW.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: SigSauerP226,

...Then it comes to be that the soothing light at the end of your tunnel, was just a freight train coming your way...

Posts: 2463 | Location: Simi Valley, CA | Registered: September 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
Are the factory subcompact grip modules no longer available? I haven't looked in a while.

Posts: 8797 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 92fstech:
Are the factory subcompact grip modules no longer available? I haven't looked in a while.

They haven't been available for several years now. Once Sig dropped the P320SC from production in 2019 the remaining available SC grip modules and X-Change kits ran out pretty quickly.

The success of the P365 starting in the mid/late 2010s was likely the death knell of the significantly larger (and not so accurately named) "subcompact" P320.

After all, it's chunkier than even the overly large (by today's standards) O.G. "subcompact", the G26... It's closer in size to the G19.

..365...G26...320SC...G19
L:.5.8...6.49...6.7...7.36
H:.4.3...4.17...4.7...4.99
W:.1.0...1.26...1.3...1.26
Oz:.18.5..21.71..24.9..23.65

Posts: 32645 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by monoblok:
I'm not seeing anything 'special' about their reinterpretation. Aesthetically it's clean-looking, if a little bit dull and plain.

I agree. Functionally it looks like they haven't done anything that Wilson Combat hasn't already done. Maybe people who don't like the "sunburst" pattern on the WC grips would go for this, but that's not me.

I have three P320s. Two of them are in WC grips and one is in a SIG X-grip. I'm plenty satisfied.

Posts: 845 | Registered: December 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
I was going to say price, but looks like the WC options are about the same $

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15516 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of steve495
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by YooperSigs:
I wish the aftermarket grip folks would make one for the .45 320!

As an option, Grayguns is doing the Laser Sculpted Grip Modules for the X-10 and P320 .45s.

Laser-Sculpted Grip Modules – P320 X-TEN & 45 ACP

Steve

Small Business Website Design & Maintenance - https://spidercreations.net | OpSpec Training - https://opspectraining.com | Grayguns - https://grayguns.com

Evil exists. You can not negotiate with, bribe or placate evil. You're not going to be able to have it sit down with Dr. Phil for an anger management session either.

Posts: 4999 | Location: Windsor Locks, Conn. | Registered: July 18, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks Steve! But no joy. I want a compact grip frame.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16194 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have Wilsons on all my 320's and 365's, except the 320 Legion which has a small TXG frame. I'll probably give these Magpul's a try and see how I like them. The modularity of the 320 along with the fact it is government issue is making it the AR of pistols.

Posts: 4769 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
quote:
They haven't been available for several years now. Once Sig dropped the P320SC from production in 2019 the remaining available SC grip modules and X-Change kits ran out pretty quickly.

That's a bummer. I have a couple, but haven't shopped for them lately. I knew they discontinued the SC, but wasn't aware that they killed all part support. I'm one of those weirdos who prefers the SC to the 365...there's not enough girth in the P365 to fit my hands.

King Nothing
Picture of SigSauerP226
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 92fstech:
quote:

That's a bummer. I have a couple, but haven't shopped for them lately. I knew they discontinued the SC, but wasn't aware that they killed all part support. I'm one of those weirdos who prefers the SC to the 365...there's not enough girth in the P365 to fit my hands.

I’m another weirdo, I like the feel of the Glock 26 and feel like a SC P320 would be about the same, plus I can throw my compact upper on it. The micro pistols just feel so small, I like a bit more girth, as well.

...Then it comes to be that the soothing light at the end of your tunnel, was just a freight train coming your way...

Posts: 2463 | Location: Simi Valley, CA | Registered: September 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SigSauerP226:
I like the feel of the Glock 26 and feel like a SC P320 would be about the same, plus I can throw my compact upper on it.

I tried that for a little bit, but it doesn't really gain you much of anything compared to just using a Compact/XCompact grip. The size savings is negligible, and you have a lower capacity and less substantial grip and beavertail in return.

Posts: 32645 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post