SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    CZ75 Taipan 6" Long Slide Match - Does anyone know about this CZ, or own one?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

CZ75 Taipan 6" Long Slide Match - Does anyone know about this CZ, or own one? Login/Join 
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted
Obviously not mine. It really looks bad ass. But, I have no info on it, except what the seller describes.

quote:
Features and Accessories:

-Caliber 9mm Luger
-6 inch barrel
-Steel frame and slide
-Black finish
-SAO match- trigger
-Adjustable rear sight
-Three 19-round magazines
-Factory test-target: 5 shots, 27 yards (25 meters)
-English and German manual
-Barrel-bushing tool
-Sight-adjustment tool
-Allen key tool

Q

Posts: 26304 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SIGfourme
posted Hide Post
Only CZ’s that I’ve seen come out of the Custom Shop by Angus Hobdell. He won’t ship outside the USA.
Never seen a German import CZ.

Posts: 2298 | Location: Southeast CT | Registered: January 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jcsabolt2
posted Hide Post
I really have to stop looking at firearms, it's really impacting the savings for my kids college education!

----------
“Nobody can ever take your integrity away from you. Only you can give up your integrity.” H. Norman Schwarzkopf

Posts: 3625 | Registered: July 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've never seen this, or the like, before ... very interesting. There are some very knowledgeable folks over on the CZ discussion forum. Good luck.

Posts: 1417 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: January 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ethics, antics,
and ballistics
Picture of Dtech
posted Hide Post
It looks like a cross between a longslide Shadow 2 slide but with a Shadow Target II frame which is the only one that I've seen that has the three groove picatinny rail other than the SP-01 model guns. The barrel bushing and guide rod spring plug do not look like the ones used on the AccuShadow either. They look more 1911-ish. The trigger is unlike anything I've seen on any CZ gun, custom or otherwise.

From CZ's website, the only one remotely close is this one which is a discontinued model but has a different frame and slide configuration.

https://cz-usa.com/product/cz-75-shadow-cts-ls-p/

It must be either a built to order custom shop gun or a franken-gun someone made themselves from parts they ordered and put together???

CZ Custom Shop or maybe Cajun Gun Works might be able to shed more light on this one. It would be interesting to see if the manual included is a generic CZ 75 manual or if it is a model specific manual for this pistol which would help as well. I would like to see the factory test target too to see how it matches up with the pistol model/description.

-Dtech

"I've got a life to live, people to love, and a God to serve!" - sigmonkey

"Strive not to be a success, but rather to be of value." - Albert Einstein

"A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition" ― Rudyard Kipling

Posts: 4413 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: April 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
Nice. Future test bed for the 5.7 BRNO?

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Gambit
posted Hide Post
That is a bad **s, sexy looking machine.

Posts: 915 | Location: Acadiana | Registered: February 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PGT
posted Hide Post
almost a 75 TS upper plus front bushing in an SP01 frame

there is a German company doing custom builds. I have a few pics saved of the 97's they've done.

Posts: 3072 | Registered: December 21, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PGT
posted Hide Post
Found them.

Posts: 3072 | Registered: December 21, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of huskerlrrp
posted Hide Post
Agreed, it looks like the Gunsmith outfit near Stuttgart.

https://www.waffen-oschatz.de/

CZ stuff here: https://www.waffen-oschatz.de/cz-teile-zubehoer/

Posts: 1789 | Location: North Cackalacky | Registered: September 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
That does look pretty bitchin'

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I got a Million of 'em!
posted Hide Post
I’d buy that in a second. Hell, I might even trade my 210 for it. Anybody in the USA listening?

Posts: 8145 | Location: Hiram, GA. | Registered: October 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post