SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Holster recommendations - P229 Legion 9mm
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Holster recommendations - P229 Legion 9mm Login/Join 
Frequent Denizen
of the Twilight Zone
Picture of SIGWolf
posted
I’m looking for holster recommendations for my P229 Legion.

What have you used and would recommend?

Posts: 17342 | Location: Northern Vermont | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Tier 1.

Posts: 181 | Location: NEPA | Registered: March 23, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
From their website:

https://www.miltsparks.com/ins...istband/versa-max-2/

Often copied but rarely equaled, the inside-the-waistband model VM-2 is a classic Milt Sparks Holster.

Posts: 4743 | Registered: February 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Pursuing the wicked
Picture of rangemaster
posted Hide Post
I’m a fan of the Safariland ALS. I have a second one on the way if you want one.

Posts: 1621 | Location: West Virginia | Registered: December 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nature does not hurry, yet everything is accomplished
posted Hide Post
For carry? Range use only? Do you mind kydex? I know some people don't like it but I feel the same about the majority of leather holsters

Posts: 4079 | Location: NC | Registered: December 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 4MUL8R
posted Hide Post
Please consider the search function on this forum. Literally hundreds of recommendations already. The Legion fits railed holsters. Nothing special.

-------
Trying to simplify my life...

Posts: 5054 | Location: Commonwealth of Virginia | Registered: January 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frequent Denizen
of the Twilight Zone
Picture of SIGWolf
posted Hide Post
Thanks to all who made helpful recommendations. I've never hear of Tier 1, I'll take a look. The VM2 is a venerable holster I've used in the past for other carry guns.

Thanks again.

Posts: 17342 | Location: Northern Vermont | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frequent Denizen
of the Twilight Zone
Picture of SIGWolf
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cyberiad:
For carry? Range use only? Do you mind kydex? I know some people don't like it but I feel the same about the majority of leather holsters

The intent is for carry. I don't mind Kydex, but concerned about the finish. Perhaps not as much as I used to be in the past though.

In Kydex, I've used a couple of Clinger Holsters for polymer guns.

posted Hide Post
I have an IWB holster for my Sig 229 Legion SAO from JM Custom and an OWB from another holster manufacturer that I can't recall off the top of my head.

Posts: 27 | Registered: July 29, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Green Highlander
posted Hide Post
I have used a RGrizzle T&C2 for my P229 Legion for years. I have had zero regrets. I liked Ryan's work so much, I have since purchased another six of his holsters for other guns. Cannot recommend highly enough.

"You know, Scotland has its own martial arts. Yeah, it's called Fuck You. It's mostly just head butting and then kicking people when they're on the ground." - Charlie MacKenzie (Mike Myers in "So I Married an Axe Murderer")

Posts: 2387 | Location: Seacoast, NH | Registered: July 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Vedder Comforttuck for my P320, very happy with it as a replacement for my OHC Crossbreed clone when the kydex cracked.

Wouldn't mind trying a full leather option like the VM2 though.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15328 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frequent Denizen
of the Twilight Zone
Picture of SIGWolf
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Green Highlander:
I have used a RGrizzle T&C2 for my P229 Legion for years. I have had zero regrets. I liked Ryan's work so much, I have since purchased another six of his holsters for other guns. Cannot recommend highly enough.

I'm in negotiations as we speak.

posted Hide Post
I carry mine in a horizontal shoulder holster. I am an old guy, so no butt. Guns on belts tend to drag my pants down, so I avoid all that with the shoulder holster. Plus it makes going to the head easy, and it carries the weight well.

But you DO need a cover garment. I’m always cold so usually wear a vest - even a light golfing one in the summer heat.

If I need to carry in something off-beat, I carry a 365 Macro in a Phlster Enigma. If you’re a guy you kind of need the sport belt, but it is very comfortable and very easy to conceal - even with sweats or shorts.

Posts: 75 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: August 30, 2023Reply With QuoteReport This Post