SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Springfield XD Mod.2 9mm Subcompact
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Springfield XD Mod.2 9mm Subcompact Login/Join 
posted
This is the first Springfield handgun I have owned. I purchased it from a neighbor that bought a P365 SAS. His wife told him he could only have 1 pistol so he asked me how to sell the XD.

It came as from the factory with 1 13-rd flush-fit and 1 16-rd extended magazine. He also had an Aliengear IWB holster. Only 100 rounds fired.

I was not looking to buy but he was asking $350 for it.

I also picked up 5 16-rd magazines online for $7 each.

Any thoughts or experience with this model? I have not forced it yet.

Posts: 1076 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 20, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
Had a .45 version. Liked it well enough. Biggest problem I had was bumping the slide lock with my offhand.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7698 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Only 1 pistol? She'd be my ex.

Posts: 17152 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of iron chef
posted Hide Post
Some potential buyers were completely turned off by a gun that has "Grip Zone" carved on it.

I had a XD9 Subcompact, the predecessor to your gun. It was my first striker-fired gun. I wanted to like it, but after shooting it, I didn't like it. Not really the gun's fault, it just didn't feel good to me.

Eventually I tried a Glock and became a "You will buy a Glock" convert. Big Grin

quote:
Originally posted by Fredward:
Only 1 pistol? She'd be my ex.

Ditto Red Face

Posts: 3189 | Location: Texas | Registered: June 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The Grip Zone is cheesy.

I have Glocks and they do not feel as good as my SIGs but I shoot them well.

Just curious if there are any issues with the model.

Posts: 1076 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 20, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Had one really enjoyed shooting it, guy offered me a Kimber Pro Raptor for it and my Kahr PM9, couldn't say no.

Posts: 1183 | Location: DFW Metromess | Registered: May 20, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cslinger:
Had a .45 version. Liked it well enough. Biggest problem I had was bumping the slide lock with my offhand.

Did this cause premature lock back or failure to lock back?

I dumped the mag while carrying mine due to the ambi mag release. Partly I’m to blame because I wasn’t using a holster made for the gun, but I still prefer a single side mag release.

Posts: 525 | Location: Texas | Registered: September 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
I would lock the slide prematurely. I wasn’t riding the slide lock as much as bumping occasionally on recoil. Totally a software (idjit behind the trigger) issue. I shoot a ton of different guns so I just didn’t feel like training around it and I also sort of transitioned away from strikers back to TDA keeping only Glocks and a PPS as my poly striker guns.

Chris

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7698 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have both the XD9 subcompact and the XD9 Mod 2 subcompact. I like both of them very much and shoot them as well or better than other pistols their size and barrel length. The 2st gen XD9 has a somewhat wide grip, but the Mod 2 slimmed it down noticeably and is comfortable for me. I have put hundreds of rounds through both with nary a bobble. I think that $350 is a very good price in today's market.

Posts: 655 | Location: Northern Colorado, USA | Registered: September 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post