SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    How many rounds are you comfortable with?
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

How many rounds are you comfortable with? Login/Join 
Where there's smoke,
there's fire!!
Picture of techguy
posted
What’s the least amount of rounds you’re comfortable carrying in your daily carry pistol?

Posts: 1770 | Location: Kentucky | Registered: February 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Learn it, know it, live it
Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
7, in 380 at that in an LCP.. Eek

Maybe not be daily, but need to be concealed or a quick run to the store.. Wink

I do it a lot.. Big Grin

Posts: 4354 | Location: Great State of TEXAS | Registered: July 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fpuhan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1lowlife:
7, in 380 at that in an LCP.. Eek

When I'm carrying an LCP II. I like 11 in my P365.

You can't truly call yourself "peaceful" unless you are capable of great violence. If you're not capable of great violence, you're not peaceful, you're harmless.

NRA Benefactor/Patriot Member

Posts: 2857 | Location: Peoples Republic of North Virginia | Registered: December 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PowerSurge
posted Hide Post
I carry 7+1 in my Shield with two extra 8 round mags in the mag carrier.

———————————————
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Psalm 14:1

Posts: 3955 | Location: Northeast Georgia | Registered: November 18, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of T.Webb
posted Hide Post
The loaded gun.

Unless I'm headed somewhere that I wouldn't go without a gun ... then I try not to go!

"Tonight, we are a country awakened to danger and called to defend freedom. Our grief has turned to anger and anger to resolution. Whether we bring our enemies to justice or bring justice to our enemies, justice will be done". {George W. Bush, Post 9/11}

Posts: 842 | Location: Long Island, N.Y. / Stephentown, N.Y. | Registered: March 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
I think what is more important with carrying a semi-auto is not he number int he gun but to also carry a spare magazine.

I've run the list of how many in the gun from 16 to 7.....

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am now carrying the new Hellcat with the 11 round mag and a 13 round mag as a reload for a total of 25.

Bill

Posts: 137 | Registered: February 04, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
5, usually in a S&w 642 or 360pd.

Posts: 1299 | Location: Arizona | Registered: January 31, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Giftedly Outspoken
Picture of sigarms229
posted Hide Post
Five is the least and was my regular 10 years ago when I carried a J-Frame.

Current carry is a P365XL with 12+1 and a 15rd spare on my belt in a Pittbull Tactical mag carrier.

Sometimes, you gotta roll the hard six

Posts: 4507 | Location: SouthCentral PA | Registered: December 05, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Whack-Job
Whisperer
Picture of 18DAI
posted Hide Post
8+1 230 grain Winchester RA45T. Kills bugs dead. Regards 18DAI

7+1 Rounds of hope and change

Posts: 4231 | Registered: August 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
15+1 sure feels reassuring but I don't feel too bad carrying a compact 1911 with an extra mag.

Posts: 10827 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
8 in my current carry, a p220. Spare mag and hi power mini flashlight too.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16005 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sign of the times I guess. For years I was fine with 5 in the J frame and a speed strip in the pocket. Now its 12 in the 365 and a spare mag.

Posts: 269 | Location: Pa | Registered: September 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Off duty, I never have less than 23 rounds on me. The lowest capacity that I sometimes carry is a P365 with 10+1 in it plus a spare 12 round magazine. And that's just when carrying it in a pocket. If carrying the P365 on my belt, it's 28 (12+1 and 15 spare). More often, I have 31 (15+1 and 15 spare) for something like a P320c or G19.

On duty, I carry anywhere from 46 rounds in plainclothes (15+1/15/15) to 60 rounds in uniform (17+1/21/21).

Posts: 32430 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Old Air Cavalryman
Picture of ARMT Guy
posted Hide Post
Carrying in?

6 for wheelies and 8 in a semi-auto.

I typically have 11 in my 365.

"Also I heard the voice of the Lord saying who shall I send, and who will go for us? Then said I, here am I, send me."

Posts: 7464 | Location: Georgia | Registered: February 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by josp:
Sign of the times I guess. For years I was fine with 5 in the J frame and a speed strip in the pocket. Now its 12 in the 365 and a spare mag.

99.999% chance you'd still be fine with a J frame. Carrying ANY gun puts you above about 95% of individuals on the street who don't carry at all. Knowing how to shoot it probably gets you a few more percent. The rest comes down to the odds of you actually being involved in a violent crime where a gun would make a difference and more than 5 rounds would decide it. Maybe not .001%, but pretty dang small odds.

Posts: 8944 | Location: The Red part of Minnesota | Registered: October 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
6 as a minimum. A spare magazine would be nice.

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Used to be 5 rounds in my LCR until I watched that live-stream shooting of those mosques in Christchurch, New Zealand last year, as part of active shooter training.

That video changed my view of what I saw as "adequate" to respond to a threat like that, so I re-evaluated my off duty carry, changing the platform and significantly increasing my round count.

Posts: 1251 | Location: Oregon | Registered: March 18, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MNSIG:
quote:
Originally posted by josp:

99.999% chance you'd still be fine with a J frame. Carrying ANY gun puts you above about 95% of individuals on the street who don't carry at all. Knowing how to shoot it probably gets you a few more percent. The rest comes down to the odds of you actually being involved in a violent crime where a gun would make a difference and more than 5 rounds would decide it. Maybe not .001%, but pretty dang small odds.

While I don't disagree with you, the J frame would probably be enough, I tend to be over prepared. Blame it on my Boy Scout days, or the number of Officer Involved Shootings I have investigated. In each case, I have never heard the Officer complain of all the extra ammo he was carrying, but have often found he was down to the last shot or two and never realized it.

As a side note, I still carry my J frame as a backup to the G30 when I'm working. Old habits die hard.

Posts: 269 | Location: Pa | Registered: September 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I don’t carry a wheel—gun, minimum 7 in the gun and 7 in an extra mag. Lately 12 & 12 in a vintage P229/.40.

Posts: 627 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: October 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post