SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    How many rounds are you comfortable with?
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

How many rounds are you comfortable with? Login/Join 
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
No less than 5.

Posts: 26888 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I can't tell if I'm
tired, or just lazy
Picture of ggile
posted Hide Post
Normally 5-8.

"The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living."

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety"
Benjamin Franklin

Posts: 2081 | Location: South Dakota-pheasant country | Registered: June 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of hi-power man
posted Hide Post
Depending on where I'm going the high count would be 22 and the low count 12

High capacity is not an acceptable substitute for good marksmanship.

Posts: 869 | Location: Kentucky | Registered: December 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
By myself in public 19.

Wife and kids in public setting 58.

Cop Job 58.

Army job 180 minimum.

Posts: 364 | Location: North Coast | Registered: October 31, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
Depending on what Zip code I’m in & the time of day, Usually 5 with a speed strip reload

Posts: 13804 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
Five in with a full (six rounds) speed strip.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53120 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What ever is capacity of gun. No spare mag.

Posts: 655 | Location: South Texas | Registered: February 27, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
fugitive from reality
Picture of SgtGold
posted Hide Post
Once I realized I could pocket carry my G26 it became 10. Prior to that it was a J frame with 5.

Posts: 7069 | Location: Newyorkistan | Registered: March 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
19 rounds in my 226. Don't carry an extra mag.

Posts: 5738 | Location: Chicago | Registered: August 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
I’m fine with 21 rounds of 9mm on me (Glock 26 at the moment, p365 when I get enough practice under the belt). 10+1 is probably plenty but an extra mag of either takes up almost no room.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15545 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Two combat tours in Vietnam as airborne infantry and pathfinder, I carried my rifle with five 20-round magazines (sometimes with an additional bandolier of ammo in stripper clips) and a M1911A1 pistol with 3 magazines. Everyone carried a 200-round belt for the M-60 machinegunner (he had enough to carry already).

24 years as a cop. Started out with a 6-shot revolver with 12 extra rounds on the belt. Later on, working plain clothes, I carried a revolver with 6 extra rounds. Ended up carrying a 1911-style .45 pistol with 8 rounds on board and 2 extra 7-round magazines. By that time everyone was carrying a "wonder nine" that you could load on Sunday and shoot all week, and if a cop fell in deep water he would undoubtedly drown from the weight of his extra ammo and extraneous nonsense on his belt.

Somehow I made it through. Only 4 Purple Heart medals in the Army, and I was only shot once as a cop.

Enough is usually enough. Your methods may vary depending on your OCD tendencies.

Retired holster maker.
Retired police chief.
Formerly Sergeant, US Army Airborne Infantry, Pathfinders

Posts: 1097 | Location: Colorado | Registered: March 07, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm Pickle Rick!
Picture of Pickle Rick
posted Hide Post
G30s 10 rds. and a spare mag. Pickle Rick

Posts: 2873 | Location: Lancaster, PA. | Registered: February 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of giz55792
posted Hide Post
P229 with a total of 37 180gr. Winchester Rangers

Posts: 711 | Location: Virginia, MN | Registered: October 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post

Posts: 15880 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
varies.

on duty is the Glock 31 with 76 rds. 15+1, 15, 15, 15, 15.

off duty it varies.
43X - 21rds, 10+1, 10
32 - 40rds, 13+1, 13, 13
STI - 78rds, 17+1, 20, 20, 20

Not minority enough!

Posts: 8007 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
G43 with 2 plus 2 mags so 17 rds.

Posts: 547 | Location: Dothan, Alabama | Registered: August 27, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
19 ) .45 acp
30 ) 9mm

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54589 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Working for Water
Picture of Chance228
posted Hide Post

Posts: 1051 | Location: Central New Jersey | Registered: February 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Non-Miscreant
posted Hide Post
Think back. The highest number you've ever had to shoot to defend yourself in the past, plus 1. The problem with that number is the total will probably come to just 1 because we generally don't expend ammo defending ourselves. Maybe a cop here or there will fire a self defense shot once in a lifetime of service. The rest of us, not so much.

We all live a good life. No one mad at us to the point where they're shooting at us. Like someone said above, if I think I'm going to need a gun, I just don't go. And the self defense gun will likely be a shock wave if I do. Worse still, I'll get my buddies to arm up and go along. Not just one 12 ga, maybe a dozen or so.

Gawd, the beer bill will be awful afterwards.

Unhappy ammo seeker

Posts: 18387 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: February 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Low Profile Member
posted Hide Post
i very rarely leave the house without a firearm and a ca mag plus one in the chamber. maybe 50% of the time i add another 10 round mag

Posts: 3529 | Registered: August 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post