SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    You will buy a Taurus....for your asian wife.
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

You will buy a Taurus....for your asian wife. Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
I've owned perhaps two dozen Tauri over the years. I wore out revolver in the 70's, which they replaced. And, for all the haters who said that, as a gun store clerk, I would be sending many back for repair, I've sold perhaps 50 Taurus g2 and g3 variations without a single complaint. YMMV

Posts: 17121 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I currently own four(4) Taurus big bore revolvers and one(1) semi-auto in 357Sig. They all are regular range guns, and one of the revolvers was my CCW gun for quite a while. I have no complaints.....and yes I own a "few" S&W revolvers also, and like them too.

Posts: 6600 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
So do you just hate your wife or all Asians??? Smile Razz

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7631 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
Well, I bought a Taurus for my Asian self. I wanted a budget revolver that I wouldn't feel too bad if I ever lost it, say in an emergency situation or whatever (unlike a nice Smith costing much more).

So I got a Model 605 5-shot in .357 Magnum. I only shot it a few times when it had to go right back to the factory for service. However, they fixed it quickly and it was back in my hand in short manner.

It's been completely reliable ever since, and wicked accurate (I frequently shoot it at 100 yards). I've been shooting it quite a lot lately as the ammo I have the most of happens to be .357 Magnum.

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16266 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of maximus2161
posted Hide Post
Taurus. I swore off Taurus for years. Recently I decided to give them a shot and got a G3c and a stainless 856. Both guns had issues out of the box. The G3c had issues with safety engaging properly and the 856 had timing issues shortly after taking it out of the box. I didn’t even fire them. I know any manufacturer can produce a lemon but the two I get have issues. They were brand new. I wanted to give them a chance because I know there are many who like Taurus and have no issues with their guns but it’s just too much hassle for me.

I won’t own another Taurus. Rather I won’t spend money on one again. Just a preference to stay away from them. Had my experience been a good one I’d probably be singing praises but two new guns have problems out of the box? No. I’m not bashing the company or anyone who owns one. Just didn’t work out for me and I don’t want to repeat that experience since it left such a bad taste.

Maximus

Posts: 397 | Location: DFW, Texas | Registered: May 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've got a PT 92 that I had to send to Taurus for repair , after 15K rounds.
I've got a Raging Hunter 5.25" barrel in .44 mag and shot 2+ boxes through it today (240s)
It pretty much ran everybody off the range and actually neither wrist is sore , I shoot left and right for accuracy and strength.

Posts: 363 | Registered: January 07, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
These posts do not inspire much confidence in Taurus for me.

Posts: 13047 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
The Taurus TX22 was launched in Jan 2019 and has quietly made a name for itself as one of the best 22LR pistols on the market. I don't think I've seen a negative review of them by anyone who has actually shot more than a couple mags through them.

Barrel rifling off-axis; not concentrically and parallel to the centerline of the bore established during barrel fabrication. Interesting accuracy results as the outcome.

The problem was identified early on and shortly after the actual release of the TX22 to market. A very SIG style of move with the lack of adequate QC before kicking them out the door. It also was reported on various forums that early "repaired" examples also suffered from the same problem! When the manufacturers' "fixed" replacement parts ware just as defective, Kinda tells me that I shall have zero desire to go back for more punishment, or recommend the brand's products to anyone who happens to ask.

-MG

Posts: 1931 | Location: The commie, rainy side of WA | Registered: April 19, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Happily Retired
Picture of Bassamatic
posted Hide Post
My TX22 will digest anything I throw at it. I've had mine about six months now and I have never had a FTF or ejection problem.

Their new Gen4 9mm has received a 5 star rating from every article I have read about it. I don't have one but it is on my "needs a look" list.

.....never marry a woman who is mean to your waitress.

Posts: 5024 | Location: Lake of the Ozarks, MO. | Registered: September 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Reminder, start browsing single-asians.com

Posts: 10045 | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of grumpy1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by monoblok:
quote:
The Taurus TX22 was launched in Jan 2019 and has quietly made a name for itself as one of the best 22LR pistols on the market. I don't think I've seen a negative review of them by anyone who has actually shot more than a couple mags through them.

Barrel rifling off-axis; not concentrically and parallel to the centerline of the bore established during barrel fabrication. Interesting accuracy results as the outcome.

The problem was identified early on and shortly after the actual release of the TX22 to market. A very SIG style of move with the lack of adequate QC before kicking them out the door. It also was reported on various forums that early "repaired" examples also suffered from the same problem! When the manufacturers' "fixed" replacement parts ware just as defective, Kinda tells me that I shall have zero desire to go back for more punishment, or recommend the brand's products to anyone who happens to ask.

The original design TX22 slides are breaking too. The aluminum part at the end of the slide that holds the recoil spring is very thin and the steel spring might eat into it over time. Supposedly there is a third party RSA that may prevent or minimize that but still a poor design. Lower round count shooters probably will never encounter the problem. Using higher pressure 22LR like CCI Velocitors, Vipers, and such can accelerate such wear.

Their new GX4 also has its share of problems as reported by some owners including reports of delayed striker drop after the trigger has been pulled leading to accidental discharge reported by this poor guy when his GX4 went off while in his holster. He has commented that Taurus has replaced his GX4 with a new one.

Posts: 9730 | Location: Northern Illinois | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Doin' what I can
with what I got
Picture of Rob Decker
posted Hide Post
Friends don't let friends buy Taurus.

Except their Beretta clones, those things are kinda OK.

----------------------------------------
Death smiles at us all. Be sure you smile back.

Posts: 5540 | Location: Greater Nashville, TN | Registered: May 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alienator
Picture of SIG4EVA
posted Hide Post
Well, I just inherited my grandpa's 38 special revolver and its relevant to this thread. It runs well.

SIG556 Classic
P220 Carry SAS Gen 2 SAO
SP2022 9mm German Triple Serial
P938 SAS
P365 FDE

Psalm 118:24 "This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it"

Posts: 7057 | Location: NC | Registered: March 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wrightd
posted Hide Post
I thought you were talking about a beautiful Asian woman driving a nicely appointed Ford Taurus sedan. Sometimes my brain gets in front of my brains.

Speaking of Ford Taurus automobiles, I drove a very nice one for a very long time before I gave it away. But as far as a Taurus gun, no thanks for me. But if you're SURE it will go bang, without any doubt, then good for her, and you. Any gun that works, and works for the person in particular, is a good gun.

Lover of the US Constitution
Wile E. Coyote School of DIY Disaster

Posts: 8634 | Location: Nowhere the constitution is not honored | Registered: February 01, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wrightd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kkina:
Well, I bought a Taurus for my Asian self. I wanted a budget revolver that I wouldn't feel too bad if I ever lost it, say in an emergency situation or whatever (unlike a nice Smith costing much more).

So I got a Model 605 5-shot in .357 Magnum. I only shot it a few times when it had to go right back to the factory for service. However, they fixed it quickly and it was back in my hand in short manner.

It's been completely reliable ever since, and wicked accurate (I frequently shoot it at 100 yards). I've been shooting it quite a lot lately as the ammo I have the most of happens to be .357 Magnum.

That's interesting, good to know about that revolver. Good example of a good gun from Taurus. We hear that from time to time, and good to hear it again. ...and your Asian Self, that's a good one. That tickled my funny bone for some reason, it's good I wasn't drinking classic coke or worse milk.

Lover of the US Constitution
Wile E. Coyote School of DIY Disaster

Posts: 8634 | Location: Nowhere the constitution is not honored | Registered: February 01, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I bought my Brazilian wife one for a truck gun. I liked it so much I bought me one too. For less than $300 each they are good to go. I swore I'd never buy another Taurus in 2010 but here I am.

Posts: 568 | Location: Beaumont TX | Registered: March 05, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I wish my wife still liked to shoot! That's what I get for marrying a run of the mill white girl...

Posts: 465 | Location: Michigan | Registered: November 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post