SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Grayguns P365 barrel/comp
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Grayguns P365 barrel/comp Login/Join 
posted
Has anyone tried or installed the Grayguns barrel and compensator combination for the P365 or P365XL?

https://grayguns.com/product/p...-compensator-system/

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Warning: This compensator is not intended to be removed every cleaning. Refrain from removing and reinstalling more than necessary. If you remove compensator ensure you clean all threads of old Loctite before reinstalling with fresh Loctite.

Guess cleaning OCD folks just are going to have to run a Bore Snake through the barrel.

Q

Posts: 26424 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Or use an Otis kit to run a regular brush and patches through. Compensators can be a pain to clean, especially if using lead or coated bullets.

I'm thinking about putting this on a P365, and setting it in a P365XL grayguns grip module. Maybe put a miniature red dot on it. I have a P365 sitting in the safe that's not doing anything.

Picture of photohause
posted Hide Post
Any muzzle flash coming up the top? That shouldn't be good......

Don't. drink & drive, don't even putt.

Posts: 1631 | Location:  | Registered: March 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Malysh
posted Hide Post
Why would somebody want a compensator on a deep concealment Micro 9mm pistol??

Posts: 419 | Location: PA | Registered: November 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Why not? The comp doesn't really add much length over a P365L. Put it on a P365, and it's not going to be significantly larger. It may not be a pocket pistol, but for an inside the waistband carry, it makes sense to me.

More interested in trying it for an experiment, just to see, and am curious if anyone has had experience with the barrel and compensator.

posted Hide Post
The cleaning OCD guys can still disassemble their magazines after every range trip though. Lol

Posts: 7539 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sns3guppy:
Why not? The comp doesn't really add much length over a P365L. Put it on a P365, and it's not going to be significantly larger. It may not be a pocket pistol, but for an inside the waistband carry, it makes sense to me.

More interested in trying it for an experiment, just to see, and am curious if anyone has had experience with the barrel and compensator.

This is about where I am on the whole compensator thing.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Web Clavin Extraordinaire
Picture of Oat_Action_Man
posted Hide Post
Not that I own a 365 or carry these micro compacts, but I'm glad Bruce and co. have stepped up to create a comp for the 365 since the Glock 43 side of the market is already being served by other companies.

----------------------------

Chuck Norris put the laughter in "manslaughter"

Educating the youth of America, one declension at a time.

Posts: 19837 | Location: SE PA | Registered: January 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Something that does interest me is whether a shorter barrel might have an enhanced effect. With a longer barrel, to a point, one gets higher velocity, with more combustion taking place in the chamber and barrel. With a shorter barrel, combustion may be incomplete in the barrel, and may take place beyond: more fireball or flash, more bang, more expansion going on past the muzzle.

That being the case, I wonder if a shorter barrel might see a bit more benefit, in terms of expanding gasses, than a longer barrel. I wonder if the reduced arm of the compensator loses any such benefit, over a compensator at a longer distance, in which more combustion and expansion has already taken place in the chamber and barrel. Idle thoughts. I suppose it may be hard to get a measurable difference without the ability to compare long and short barrels with the same compensator...and I'm sure Grayguns have already done ample research on what works best, in developing their product. Still, I'm curious.

posted Hide Post
Parker Mountain Machine also makes a compensator/barrel package for the P365. It's a good deal shorter than the Grayguns and gets good reviews (for what they're worth). It's also more expensive than Gray's at $355. I have to admit I'm more than a little curious. Something that keeps the P365 shorter than the XL model and reduces muzzle flip would definitely improve my shooting - as would more practice.

HoWink

Posts: 133 | Location: Atlanta, GA | Registered: May 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The Parker JTTC is interesting, as is their data video. It appears to show roughly a 40% decrease in muzzle rise in a ransom rest. They use five types of ammunition in their testing, all hardball, all range ammunition, some more flashy than others. The flash present before, is present after, without a significant updraft.

With compensated firearms, when shooting, I see more smoke than fire, but that would really depend on what powder one is using, too. With ported pistols, even stuff like Glock -C pistols, I do see some flash, with some powders, but it's nothing that would blind me, even in the dark, and in anything other than dark, it's just not that much.

To really take advantage of a comp, a powder that produces the highest volume of gas will produce the greatest effect from the compensator, but in many cases that may also produce the greatest flash. At matches, I see more compensators on open pistols running major loads, often to take advantage of the major scoring rules, as well as the increased gas volume. It's a balancing act, I guess.

The P365 experiment will probably not go that far, and I have no desire to achieve mach-gazillion velocity or pressure in the P365. It's a short barrel subcompact pistol..just curious what the compensator will do is all.

The Parker product is quite short, and from the videos, effective. About fifty bucks more than the Grayguns. I'm sure both are very good. Having met Bruce once and having seen him in action bending over backward to work with customers in person, and presently using a lot of his products, I have implicit faith in what he sells.

Of course, it would be interesting to put the Grayguns on one P365, and the parker on another...

Damn it. This will get expensive. Back to the dog house in the back yard (again).

Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
Wow! Eek

Those P365 compensators should certainly be popular with the, “Yay! Now I have an excuse to never thoroughly clean my guns again,” crowd. OCDers need not apply (or attach).

Wink

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47410 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post