SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Bi-Tone Cerakote Finish On P320 X-Compact
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Bi-Tone Cerakote Finish On P320 X-Compact Login/Join 
Picture of cremaley
posted
As soon as my X-Compact grip module arrives from Sig I am sending it off to Omaha Outdoors to have a Bi-Tone Burnt Bonze cerakote finish applied to the grip module and magazine base plate just like the one pictured below.

Sig P320 X-Compact 9mm
Bul SAS 11 UL 9mm
US Army Veteran
NRA Member

"Remember the first rule of gunfighting...have a gun"-Jeff Cooper

Posts: 152 | Location: Alpharetta, Georgia. | Registered: June 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
To Do What is
Right and Just
posted Hide Post
I'd leave the baseplate black but that's just me. Gives it a bit more contrast and pop. But overall I always liked spraying frames in that style to give some contrast. Always looked clean. Just hated doing emblems like that though. Always took forever to get it just right.

One of my favorite simple cerakote jobs I ever did was a P226 that a customer brought in for a refreasher. Did a basic trigger job, replaced springs, night sights, and sprayed the slide and controls in a semi gloss black, and the frame in sniper gray. He added black g10 grips. That gun looked very clean when it was all done. Sometimes simple is much better when it comes to cerakote.

Posts: 2439 | Location: Usually Somewhere | Registered: July 28, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cremaley
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by smpsmp:
I'd leave the baseplate black but that's just me. Gives it a bit more contrast and pop. But overall I always liked spraying frames in that style to give some contrast. Always looked clean. Just hated doing emblems like that though. Always took forever to get it just right.

One of my favorite simple cerakote jobs I ever did was a P226 that a customer brought in for a refreasher. Did a basic trigger job, replaced springs, night sights, and sprayed the slide and controls in a semi gloss black, and the frame in sniper gray. He added black g10 grips. That gun looked very clean when it was all done. Sometimes simple is much better when it comes to cerakote.

I'm only having one magazine base plate cerakoted in burnt bronze. The second will remain black so I can see what it looks like with the rest of the grip module burnt bronze. That's why I ordered another grip module so I can have all black X-Compact as well as burnt bronze. Best of both worlds.

Sig P320 X-Compact 9mm
Bul SAS 11 UL 9mm
US Army Veteran
NRA Member

Posts: 152 | Location: Alpharetta, Georgia. | Registered: June 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cremaley
posted Hide Post
My X-Compact grip module arrived today and I immediately UPS it to Omaha Outdoors for the bi-tone burnt bronze cerakote treatment. Will post pictures when it returns.

Sig P320 X-Compact 9mm
Bul SAS 11 UL 9mm
US Army Veteran
NRA Member

Web Clavin Extraordinaire
Picture of Oat_Action_Man
posted Hide Post
That looks nice. How much to have the frame cerakoted?

----------------------------

Chuck Norris put the laughter in "manslaughter"

Educating the youth of America, one declension at a time.

Posts: 19837 | Location: SE PA | Registered: January 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post