SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    I Got One Of The New Pythons
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I Got One Of The New Pythons Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
I picked up the 4 in one about 3 weeks ago , its fit and finish are great had both older 4 and 6 inch years back and could of got a used 6 in older one blued but I took the new one and never looked back . I see them for 1700 range found two shops 1500 one was gone when I went back and the other gun shop sold me this one for 1500 very nice action grips fit perfect looks good .

Posts: 936 | Registered: July 10, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
Beautiful piece there! Add one of those to my “shits n giggles” list of/when money and opportunity meet.

Posts: 13735 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Expert308
posted Hide Post
I had an old 6" Royal Blue one way back in the day and still kick myself for selling it. I'm looking seriously at picking up one of the new ones since my S&W 66 is on more or less permanent loan to my Dad. It'll have to wait until I get a little closer to retirement though, unless I fall into a screaming deal on one.

Posts: 7244 | Location: Idaho | Registered: February 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Clean up the bird poop! Smile
I think I'll pick up the next one I see.
6 inch. Yours looks very nice.
I passed on a mint Diamondback 35 years ago.
I still kick myself for that.

Posts: 949 | Location: Mason, Ohio | Registered: September 16, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Congrats. While I'm not keen on just how shiny the stainless is on these new Pythons (IMHO it REALLY is bright in-person compared to internet pics), I have to say that the smoothness of their production triggers is quite nice, particular in DA. No standard production S&W or Ruger that I know of comes close. Of the domestics, IMHO only the quality of the K6S's trigger is in the neighborhood of the new production Python (and Cobra, for that matter).

I do wish they'd make a blued version in the not-to-distant future; that would make a nice companion to my original blued mid-80s vintage 4". We have both 4" and 6" snakes in the shop right now; the 4" size is tempting even in stainless, but it'd be a done deal had we had 'em in polished blued.

-MG

Posts: 1931 | Location: The commie, rainy side of WA | Registered: April 19, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
Yeah, the actual manufacture of the trigger is why I went ahead and got this one. The Cobra has an ugly MIM trigger that has injection artifacts on it.

These are actually machined from steel. I so believe that the sharpness of the machining gives it the nice break it has.

Oh, and there's another Colt in the stable, I just need to get some inspiration for pix this evening.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34084 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 19tass
posted Hide Post
Very nice. Congrats!

Posts: 1204 | Location: Southern Illinois | Registered: November 17, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post