SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Sig P210 Custom Carry
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sig P210 Custom Carry Login/Join 
Picture of TexasRaider
posted
I've been off the board for a bit, but ran across this in my email today:

https://www.sigsauer.com/p210-carry-custom-works.html

I'm curious how much interest there's been here in the new P210, particularly as a daily carry piece. I guess I was surprised they'd go to the trouble to do this, but I assume it's justified because they've sold a lot of them?

Just wondering what the board thinks about it....

Posts: 807 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: June 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Apparently not a hot seller, since the regular Carry has disappeared from the website. So, they're making it into a limited edition "custom" gun with high polished and engraved slide. The slide is reminiscent of the German P210 Midnight.

Q

Posts: 26412 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of OttoSig
posted Hide Post
I’ll take the standard.

That makes Sig look like the seller that does some silly shit to his pistol like dye it like green and calls it custom. It’s not hideous but why?

11 years to retirement! Just waiting!

Posts: 6319 | Location: Maryland | Registered: August 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
Something about a $2K carry gun that is a bit off.
Don't get me wrong I really like the P210 so why not a smaller version but somehow I don't think I would carry it day to day.

Posts: 22912 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
I suspect most will be snatched up by those who buy and fondle, then put back in the safe.

Q

Posts: 26412 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TexasRaider
posted Hide Post
My first reaction was "Gee....that's not exactly "engraved" is it?" I mean, when I think of special edition engraving, I think of pretty elaborate, intricate and comprehensive work. The engraving on this one looks like, well.... like Microsoft WordArt clip art, if that makes sense.

I dig the grips, but if they can make the AXG in an endless variation of Scorpions, Pro Cuts and Equinoxes, and if the new P210 is supposed to recall the artisan work of skilled Swiss craftsmen, why not make the frame steel so they could put a high polish bluing on the entire weapon?

Not trying to be negative or bitchy, but it kind of reminds me of back in the day when GM was in the last model year of a car and needed to clear their remaining inventory, they'd put cheap badges on a car, give it a few stripes and call it a Collector Edition. Sometimes it works, sometimes not.

I don't really think they stuck the landing with this one.... just my opinion.

Posts: 807 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: June 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
Yeah, not sure I'm really into the coverage and motif there. And I definitely see what you mean about clip art.

I'm shopping for holsters for a regular Carry now, so I guess I expect to carry it. The engraved version seems not only too expensive, but perhaps a bit too flashy for me to be comfortable with it. I don't want some cop thinking that (a) I'm trying to get attention by carrying a gun and (b) I have stunted tastes.

Posts: 27293 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TexasRaider
posted Hide Post
Well, I just read TheDash6's thread on his new-to-him P210 and I gotta say, by way of comparison, these new P210's just don't have the same vibe.

I have no doubt they are as reliable as the sunrise, feel great, have a great trigger and are accurate as Hell, but they just don't have the same, oh....je ne sais quoi....that the originals have. I'd still consider owning a new carry version if it had a steel frame, but man the older ones.... they just put that Custom Carry to pitiful shame.....

https://sigforum.com/eve/forum...0601935/m/4390062194

An investment in knowledge
pays the best interest
posted Hide Post
Gimmicky. That's the one word that comes to mind looking at the Custom Carry P210.

Sig Marketing is PATHETIC. Make a Sig P210 Carry with a double stack magazine! No one is asking for a polished slide, some insignificant scrollwork and to be frank, a Ho-hum wood grip. Next thing you know they'll introduce a version with all manner of slide cuts and call it the super duper custom carry P210.

Posts: 3362 | Location: Mid-Atlantic | Registered: December 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
What in the world have they put on the slide? That is ultra-tacky.

Posts: 107616 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
But but, it's custom. Lol.

Q

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
It looks like something a 14 year old would do when trying to finish their school project on Sunday night at 11 PM; just throw it on there to be done with it.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

posted Hide Post
I am a single stack fan and looked forward to the 210 Carry. Then Sig priced it at $1200. My limit for it would be $800. So I am not surprised that it did not sell. This "Custom" version is just lipstick on an overpriced pig.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16098 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
An investment in knowledge
pays the best interest
posted Hide Post
The custom touches only add $500 to the non-selling/discontinued P210 Carry model MSRP. Eek

Did NH make recreation marijuana legal and are the guys in Exeter making Bob Marley proud?

Posts: 3362 | Location: Mid-Atlantic | Registered: December 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
They give the appearance of not actually caring.

Why that particular scribble, and why in that particular spot? It looks out of place and it's not something which is pleasing to the eye. On the other side of the slide, they put this scribble foward. There is no balance to it. It's an aesthetic trainwreck.

These pistols will sell to those who have no taste or who don't really care or can get the pistol at a bargain price.

I think the Swiss who made decades of very fine and tasteful P210s would laugh at this utter tackiness.

Picture of TexasRaider
posted Hide Post
Imagine being the guy that had to get up there on that video and try to sell it with gusto.
Like a showroom salesman trying to sell a Cimmaron to Cadillac buyers....

posted Hide Post
A tarted-up parts bin leftovers special?

I agree that the "ornamentation" is hideously sorry; the patterns remind me of something off of a grave marker done on a budget, executed via temporary tattoo/peel-n-stick form. That said, I've never particularly cared for any of the Swiss ornamented P210s either, even if they were done in the 'correct' engraved/inlay manner. This 'beautification' just spoils and conflicts with the clean, classic lines of the pistol itself.

-MG

Posts: 1993 | Location: The commie, rainy side of WA | Registered: April 19, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I think they would have been better off making a stainless version. There is a class of us who like stainless guns. This version is kind of a waste

Posts: 539 | Registered: August 09, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rebel Without a Clue
Picture of squad13
posted Hide Post
I am going to hold out for the P210 Carry Tribal

Posts: 958 | Location: Ohio | Registered: August 14, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TexasRaider
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by squad13:
I am going to hold out for the P210 Carry Tribal

LOL! Think I'll hold out for the P210 Spectre Super Pro-Cut Carry Legion AXGLMNOP Titanium Equinox Super Comp Spartan Navy SEAL Tank Paratrooper Rose Bush....